• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Nacer Chadli

Kane I like as a player, but I think he is a number 10 type who will perhaps end up playing as the central player in the attacking midfield 3.

I agree, although I think that maybe Kane could end up as a number 9. It is not uncommon for strikers to be played wide early on in their career and then move to a central position once they have established themselves. Both Sturidge and Welbeck found more opportunities to play wide early in their career.

If Kane is going to play in the first (PL) team any time soon, it is most likely to be at the expense of either Chadli or Eriksen.

But he doesn't stick to CF. It can be seen as his biggest weakness or strength. He goes where he wants/thinks he's needed. When it works he looks great, when it doesn't he looks disinterested. It's the classic "free role" dilemma.
If that's the case maybe Harry, Tim and now Poch realised this and that's why they got the best from him.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Actually it makes perfect sense. Maybe he was actually trying to stick in the CF position more rather then drift? hence being caught offside more?
So that explains why he's in those positions, what's the excuse for casually strolling back out whilst play continues?

But he doesn't stick to CF. It can be seen as his biggest weakness or strength. He goes where he wants/thinks he's needed. When it works he looks great, when it doesn't he looks disinterested. It's the classic "free role" dilemma.
If that's the case maybe Harry, Tim and now Poch realised this and that's why they got the best from him.

I agree with Finney that it is most likely that he is following orders when he drifts wide.

So that explains why he's in those positions, what's the excuse for casually strolling back out whilst play continues?

Because half the crowd now supporting him sang that song to him when he played for Arsenal.
Why would he gave a ****?
And why would he give a **** what half the people think in this thread.

As far as I'm concerned we have lost the right to have a go at him.

BTW I would love to see Lamela shoot more often rather than take the extra touch, ditto Ericksen, and it feels to me like there is a lot more room in those areas just outside the box thanks to this system. The argument could be that if we are to play a striker in the way we deploy Ade, then Kane would surely be just as good a bet as he can also larrup the ball from range, but this is where Poch must know/see/deal with some things we don't have a clue about...

I agree with this. I think we frequently pass up the opportunity to take a shot from sometimes a less than ideal position in an attempt to work a better scoring position. Fat Frank made a career out of it, but obviously it should not be the only approach (yes Townsend I looking at you!!). Certainly for teams that sit in deep the box can be congested and a speculative shot every now and then might reap rewards. As you say Kane seems to have a decent shot on him. Even his weak foot looks good from distance as Besiktas can testify to. Chaldi hit one beauty last season I can remember though there may be more. Eriksen and Lamela look to have that in their locker but we've really yet to see it, set pieces apart. Heck even Dembele has good ping when he chooses to shoot. It is something we should try more.

I think we are still suffering a little bit of a hangover from AVB's time at the club. His possession at all costs philosophy somewhat neutered the attacking intent of our players and is still ingrained in some of them. I still see us hesitating when a quick ball or shot is required. I was impressed with the movement and quick passing in pre-season but we have not carried that through to the season very well. I still see players taking extra unnecessary touches and slowing the play down. However the fact that it is on Poch's radar gives me hope that we can implement a higher tempo game as the season progresses.

Because half the crowd now supporting him sang that song to him when he played for Arsenal.
Why would he gave a ****?
And why would he give a **** what half the people think in this thread.

As far as I'm concerned we have lost the right to have a go at him.
Why would he give a ****? I can think of 170,000 reasons why he should give a **** every week.

If he doesn't like playing for fans that sing nasty songs he should have taken a pay cut and ****ed off somewhere else.

I thought that it might be interesting to compare Adebayor's positioning in Sunday's game against the Southampton away game under Sherwood last season.

i3flgm.png

Tottenham 1 - 0 Southampton

http://epl.squawka.com/tottenham-ho...-2014/english-barclays-premier-league/matches

65ps7o.png

Southampton 2 -3 Tottenham

http://epl.squawka.com/southampton-...-2013/english-barclays-premier-league/matches

Why would he give a ****? I can think of 170,000 reasons why he should give a **** every week.

If he doesn't like playing for fans that sing nasty songs he should have taken a pay cut and ****ed off somewhere else.

Got in before I could. Spot on Scara.

Petri dish is all that comes to mind looking at this post.

Which way is the goal?

Top one to the right, bottom one to the left.

By way of comparison, here is the same event map for Costa from the weekend just gone (attacking right)

2uqm2px.png

That's last year wages with the city payoff included. He's on 101,000 now. So he has in effect taken a paycut.
Of course Adebayor, the player that ran the length of the pitch to get revenge at Arsenal fans, gets affected by fan chants.

Why is he still here? Likes living in London possibly, and he's probably not gonna get those wages anywhere else.

We should never have signed him in the first place. But we were so desperate for the "top tier" striker that everyone always thinks is gonna fix our team.

Back