• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Nacer Chadli

Jurgen, although I would prefer Soldado up front we should remember that it's early days and everyone us still getting grips with pochs system. Do we really want to muck about with winning ways? Confidence is fragile at these early stages, chopping and changing the team or units within those teams could be counter productive. Our next game is a game where we may not create a lot of chances it may only be worse if we change the point of attack.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

personally I would mess with it, we are still winning games "despite" actions of the opposition rather then "because" of actions of our own

it's early days for Poch, and even though his tactics should be familiar to some of our players imo (not a million miles from AVB's) he deserves a decent crack at it before we get the pitchforks out

By that logic, the manager is getting everything right, regardless of results or players overall performance. If he's picked, then Poch is getting it right.

Nah, I never said he's getting everything right. (And I've said as much in other posts/threads/topics and been shot down, ironically). I said to you that he sees things you and I don't. Both positive and negative. Some of those things we agree with him on, and some we don't.

Is it just me or are Ade's first touches are worsening? I don't remember his touches being that bad earlier in his career.

Ade

Seems like the Ade justification society has reached its pinnacle at this point, let me get this strait

- Poch's plan is to have our ONLY striker on the pitch play not be in a goal scoring position, under the hope that that will drag the defenders out, to allow our midfielders (specifically one who scored what, 2 goals last season?) to be a goal threat .. wtf .. really?

How about

- Ade goes ****ing walkabout, or is just too ****ing lazy to make the right run when our midfield breaks, and we have 3 midfielders in Eriksen/Lamela/Chadli who actually offer a goal threat and will get to edge/into box and they are covering up the cracks of a misfiring striker.

Re why Poch plays him? no ****ing idea, maybe he doesn't like the alternatives, either way I cannot see how giving Kane or Soldado 7-10 games is going to be in any way worse than what we have seen so far from Ade this season.

Dude Tell me if any of this is incorrect

Ade plays well, you says drop him
Ade scores goals, you says drop him
Ade plays bad, you says drop him
Soldado plays well, you says replace Ade will solly
Solly scores goals (ROFL) , you says replace Ade will solly
Solly plays crap, you says keep him in instead of ade
Solly cant score for ****, you says keep him in instead of ade
Solly cant adapt to different styles of play, you says keep him in instead of ade ....(tbf this one is an assumption)

Because half the crowd now supporting him sang that song to him when he played for Arsenal.
Why would he gave a ****?
And why would he give a **** what half the people think in this thread.

As far as I'm concerned we have lost the right to have a go at him.

We lost the right? Aren't we paying his wages? I dont ****ing pay 900 quid a season so I'm unable to have a go at him if all he does is stroll about

That's last year wages with the city payoff included. He's on 101,000 now. So he has in effect taken a paycut.

Possibly - there's a lot of "Sportsmail understands....." in there. Ade himself apparently told a youth player "Don't insult me" when he suggested Ade was on as little as £200K per week.

It's immaterial anyway - no matter which report(s) you believe, Ade is on obscene money for anything other than the very best footballers. And he's only on the outskirts of the very best for a handful of matches a season.

Of course Adebayor, the player that ran the length of the pitch to get revenge at Arsenal fans, gets affected by fan chants.

Why is he still here? Likes living in London possibly, and he's probably not gonna get those wages anywhere else.

We should never have signed him in the first place. But we were so desperate for the "top tier" striker that everyone always thinks is gonna fix our team.

I agree with all of that. I thought we should buy him and thought he's turned a corner when we had the option to. Unfortunately, we shouldn't have and now we're stuck paying top tier wages for the modern Andy Booth (but lazier).

Possibly - there's a lot of "Sportsmail understands....." in there. Ade himself apparently told a youth player "Don't insult me" when he suggested Ade was on as little as £200K per week.

It's immaterial anyway - no matter which report(s) you believe, Ade is on obscene money for anything other than the very best footballers. And he's only on the outskirts of the very best for a handful of matches a season.

I agree with all of that. I thought we should buy him and thought he's turned a corner when we had the option to. Unfortunately, we shouldn't have and now we're stuck paying top tier wages for the modern Andy Booth (but lazier).
The higher wages being subsidised by City only ran for the remainder of his City contract. That expired summer 2014 and he is just on the basic that we were paying now. I will try and dig out where I read this later.

In your opinion mate. Spain won tournaments with a 'false 9'...

False 9s that drifted but also contributed with the link-up play and that remained a goal threat.

I've come into this discussion late so i may have caught the wrong end of the stick here, but are we excusing Adebayor's lack of productivity and non-existent link-up play this season to being positioned out wide? Sadly for us, positioning is not the reason he has been quiet this season, the reason is quite simply because he's just not very good. He's a streaky forward that is great when in form but non-existent for lengthy periods afterwards. It's an issue he has had his entire career and it's replaying itself once again now. Positioning does not excuse a heavy touch, positioning does not excuse a lack of pressing, positioning does not excuse poor link-up play or a loose pass and positioning certainly does not excuse substandard finishing.

I think it's got to the stage now where some are exaggerating Adebayor's performances and the role he is playing for the team to counterbalance the overly critical comments that have been leveled at him. The truth of the matter is he has been sub-par this season, he'll come good for a month or two down the line but then he'll go missing for a lengthy period once again afterwards. Same story, different season. He's a decent forward that we just need to accept until something better comes along. I'd like to see Soldado given a proper opportunity myself, but i just can't see that happening.

Re: Ade

Dude Tell me if any of this is incorrect

Ade plays well, you says drop him
Ade scores goals, you says drop him
Ade plays bad, you says drop him
Soldado plays well, you says replace Ade will solly
Solly scores goals (ROFL) , you says replace Ade will solly
Solly plays crap, you says keep him in instead of ade
Solly cant score for ****, you says keep him in instead of ade
Solly cant adapt to different styles of play, you says keep him in instead of ade ....(tbf this one is an assumption)

This about sums up the drivel i've had to read regarding our striking options for the last season and a bit.

False 9s that drifted but also contributed with the link-up play and that remained a goal threat.

I've come into this discussion late so i may have caught the wrong end of the stick here, but are we excusing Adebayor's lack of productivity and non-existent link-up play this season to being positioned out wide? Sadly for us, positioning is not the reason he has been quiet this season, the reason is quite simply because he's just not very good. He's a streaky forward that is great when in form but non-existent for lengthy periods afterwards. It's an issue he has had his entire career and it's replaying itself once again now. Positioning does not excuse a heavy touch, positioning does not excuse a lack of pressing, positioning does not excuse poor link-up play or a loose pass and positioning certainly does not excuse substandard finishing.

I think it's got to the stage now where some are exaggerating Adebayor's performances and the role he is playing for the team to counterbalance the overly critical comments that have been leveled at him. The truth of the matter is he has been sub-par this season, he'll come good for a month or two down the line but then he'll go missing for a lengthy period once again afterwards. Same story, different season. He's a decent forward that we just need to accept until something better comes along. I'd like to see Soldado given a proper opportunity myself, but i just can't see that happening.

I agree with this. Same also applies to his work rate. Sometimes he genuinely does work hard, but most of the time he's too lazy.

Because it creates space for others to attack

It's not like any of our attacking midfielders are particularly prolific. Chadli has done well this season but he only scored 1 goal in the league IIRC and Eriksen scored 6 or 7. If we had 3 midfielders who scored double figures every season then I might be inclined to agree.

The higher wages being subsidised by City only ran for the remainder of his City contract. That expired summer 2014 and he is just on the basic that we were paying now. I will try and dig out where I read this later.

I'm pretty sure that was based on the £170K figure quoted in the mail. That's contradicted by Ade's own statement.

Either way it's a lot of money for (mostly) not much player.

I'm pretty sure that was based on the £170K figure quoted in the mail. That's contradicted by Ade's own statement.

Either way it's a lot of money for (mostly) not much player.

Or Ade was just pulling someone's leg, furthering the myths.

Or Ade was just pulling someone's leg, furthering the myths.

I can't find the story now, but to my memory it didn't come across that way. It was certainly suggested that Ade meant what he said and was just being a prick to our younger players - was it Townsend?

I can't find the story now, but to my memory it didn't come across that way. It was certainly suggested that Ade meant what he said and was just being a prick to our younger players - was it Townsend?
The story was told by Redknapp in a press conference. Once you put it through a Harry Filter he could have been on anything between £70k and £220k.

My understanding is that he is on something in the region of £100k now but I will try to dig out where I read this later.

Can someone who knows where to find the stats check Ade's involvement in the league goals we have scored this season. From memory he had a key contribution to four of our goals, but I may be wrong...

Can someone who knows where to find the stats check Ade's involvement in the league goals we have scored this season. From memory he had a key contribution to four of our goals, but I may be wrong...

The official site provides heatmaps and stats for the players and passing charts for major events in each game.

Back