• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I only saw highlights, so I am not going to judge him. What I am going to say is, watching a game on TV is different from watching a game at the ground. On TV you do not see all the off the ball work, in making holes for your team mate to run into.

Funny you mentioned that, a friend of mine mentioned that they do not appear to get on with each other

That match is where I first noticed it, they seem to be pulling in opposite directions. Might be nothing but seems a bit odd to me

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

He has started every league game and was recently made vice captain. So yes, he has and is very much a part of the game plans. You may not like or rate him or his performance(s), but that's something different.

Yep, you (and I for that matter) don't see what Poch does.

This thread is almost identical to what was bandied around in in 2012/13 when he was scoring a goal every 6 or 7 games i.e. he's still vital, he's essential to how we play despite not scoring or getting in the box where a striker should be etc.

On MOTD2 they looked at Lukaku's contributions for Everton

They divided the pitch lengthways into 3 zones, the middle zone being in front of goal, then the left and right channels.

Against Liverpool every touch was in the right zone. Yesterday nearly every touch was in the left zone, with 1 or 2 in the middle zone but not near goal.

This is what Adebayor is doing for Spurs, all of his touches are in the channels, none in the box where it matters (or it would just be a soft header in the air, not an effort on goal).

Very strange, very frustrating, but interesting that the vaunted athlete Lukaku is having exactly the same issue at present... or following exactly the same gameplan from Roberto Martinez.

sad for ade if we are trying to justify his performance with that of a 21 year old. ade is an old dog at 30 unlikely to pick up any new tricks.

One other thing I wonder about, is there a problem between Ade and ericksen? They don't seem to be gelling this season but also after goal there I didn't notice Ade in the celebrations. I think ericksen would an outspoken little guy. Has there been words?

Funny you mentioned that, a friend of mine mentioned that they do not appear to get on with each other

Are you sure it's just not that Ade would have had to break into a trot to get over to the celebration?

I'm pretty sure he's not on a celebration bonus.

Well just in case I get dragged into it I ain't saying it's Ades fault. It takes two to tango and ericksen strikes me as someone who could be a spiky little fella.
They are supposed to be adults so if there is a problem sort it out for the betterment of the team.
Only something I have noticed, might be something in it, might not.

His workrate was commendable on Sunday but the problem is we don't see a huge amount of intelligent, penetrating running from him of the sort that is likely to win him the large number of goalscoring opportunities he needs to put anything away -- because when he does get in the box on the end of a through-ball or cross, half the time it cannons 10 yards off his shins or something and he never even gets a shot away. It's all very well working hard, chasing from goalie to centre-back to full-back, trying to press and close down 4 or 5 players all on his own, and it gives the lie to his "lazy" tag, but he's ultimately just tiring himself out doing that. We might as well just set up a giant mousewheel for him on the touchline.

He's ****. Couldn't trap a bag of cement. Doesn't appear to understand the offside rule and lazy.
Why do people keep making excuses for him, then weep like fk when we don't deliver.

He's ****. Couldn't trap a bag of cement. Doesn't appear to understand the offside rule and lazy.
Why do people keep making excuses for him, then weep like fk when we don't deliver.

He clearly isn't **** otherwise Sherwood wouldn't have reinstated him and Pochettino wouldn't have kept him as his preferred starting option. Also I have no idea of where this idea that he is lazy comes from?.... He does a lot of closing down of the opposition, runs the channels all day and constantly goes up to head/control high balls against 1 and often 2 of the opposition's centre halves. I agree his control is patchy, but often that is because he is having balls pinged to him, with his back to goal and having to hold off the centre half.

From what I can remember of the game Adebayor was offside three times in the whole match on Sunday.... For your most advanced player that isn't a huge amount. In fact it was the same number of times that Nacer Chadli was offside in the same game.

If we can get ourselves an upgrade on Adebayor in January then I'll be really happy, but until then he plays because he is the best of the three we have in the role that Pochettino wants from his CF.

He does a lot of closing down of the opposition, runs the channels all day and constantly goes up to head/control high balls against 1 and often 2 of the opposition's centre halves. I agree his control is patchy, but often that is because he is having balls pinged to him, with his back to goal and having to hold off the centre half.

if they paid me ade's wages i can switch careers and do all that plus avoid getting caught offside. just don't expect me to score, eh!

He clearly isn't **** otherwise Sherwood wouldn't have reinstated him and Pochettino wouldn't have kept him as his preferred starting option. Also I have no idea of where this idea that he is lazy comes from?.... He does a lot of closing down of the opposition, runs the channels all day and constantly goes up to head/control high balls against 1 and often 2 of the opposition's centre halves. I agree his control is patchy, but often that is because he is having balls pinged to him, with his back to goal and having to hold off the centre half.

From what I can remember of the game Adebayor was offside three times in the whole match on Sunday.... For your most advanced player that isn't a huge amount. In fact it was the same number of times that Nacer Chadli was offside in the same game.

If we can get ourselves an upgrade on Adebayor in January then I'll be really happy, but until then he plays because he is the best of the three we have in the role that Pochettino wants from his CF.

The lazy thing is just ridiculous. It's an example of something that becomes "true" just by virtue of people keeping on saying it.

Even on MOTD2 they were saying how high his work-rate was against Southampton and how effective his pressing and build-up play was. They actually highlighted Adebayor as being a key component of why we won (along with Eriksen), but then you come on here and everyone's giving him 4s or 5s in the ratings thread and saying how rubbish and lazy he was!

I don't know the exact stats, but I'm sure he's had the most offsides in the last few seasons, or is right near the top.

I don't know the exact stats, but I'm sure he's had the most offsides in the last few seasons, or is right near the top.

For Spurs or in the entire PL? I would expect him to be offside more than any player at Spurs because he is typically the player who plays the furthest forward for us. As I said before - on Sunday he and Chadli were offside 3 times each, yet I do not see anybody calling Chadli lazy or suggesting that he doesn't understand the offside rule.

It depends how a player is offside . If a player is caught on his heels because the back line of the opponent step ups up, then that's no good . If a player is constantly making intelligent runs looking to beat an offside trap, then that's fair enough when sometimes he gets caught out.

It depends how a player is offside . If a player is caught on his heels because the back line of the opponent step ups up, then that's no good . If a player is constantly making intelligent runs looking to beat an offside trap, then that's fair enough when sometimes he gets caught out.

This.

Ade's not getting caught offside because he's on the shoulder of the last man trying to spring the trap. He's offside because he's walking back onside whilst play carries on.

Back