• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Coming from such a low base that was not hard now was it? As vice captain and first choice striker I expect more, am I really being that unreasonable?

What did you think of his performance other than when leading the line?

Ade was involved today. As a result we saw more of Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli. It's such an important role, and we need games like this where he actually is involved

Have to agree with Naija - he was better than he has been but that just shows how low his previous mark was.

He won a header and controlled a couple of balls that didn't bounce off him like a pinball machine. Still got continually outmuscled by smaller players and went hiding whenever chances were being created.

Disagree there, it was by his movement that chances were being created. had he stayed stuck in the middle without moving ala Soldado there would never have been space for Eriksen and Chadli to get their shots off. Playing up front on his own Ade gives width and movement something we don't have from any of our other strikers.

Disagree there, it was by his movement that chances were being created. had he stayed stuck in the middle without moving ala Soldado there would never have been space for Eriksen and Chadli to get their shots off. Playing up front on his own Ade gives width and movement something we don't have from any of our other strikers.

There's a massive difference between clearing space for another and not getting into the box when we need striker in there.

There was a perfect example, I think it was towards the end of the 1st half. Ade is left, so is Rose and someone else - it's pretty clear Rose is getting into the corner and going to cross. Instead of busting ass to get into the box, Ade gets in Rose's way, slows him down and hangs around by the touchline where he won't be expected to do anything.

There's a massive difference between clearing space for another and not getting into the box when we need striker in there.

There was a perfect example, I think it was towards the end of the 1st half. Ade is left, so is Rose and someone else - it's pretty clear Rose is getting into the corner and going to cross. Instead of busting ass to get into the box, Ade gets in Rose's way, slows him down and hangs around by the touchline where he won't be expected to do anything.

=D>

He is our vice captain and when he's hot he's really hot, so we wait eagerly for this hot streak to return. Meanwhile he is running his socks off for the team, and everyone is benefitting from his runs. Eriksen and lamela are just poor not being able to feed him the right kind of ball, and Chadli steals his chances and scores those that ade would have put away anyway. We need him more than he needs us, playing through malaria is another indication of his greatness. So get on with it, the great ade is more than we deserve, so quit your complaining and sip port him!

I don't want to be rude, but I cannot possibly imagine how you can honestly believe any of that.

He is our vice captain and when he's hot he's really hot, so we wait eagerly for this hot streak to return. Meanwhile he is running his socks off for the team, and everyone is benefitting from his runs. Eriksen and lamela are just poor not being able to feed him the right kind of ball, and Chadli steals his chances and scores those that ade would have put away anyway. We need him more than he needs us, playing through malaria is another indication of his greatness. So get on with it, the great ade is more than we deserve, so quit your complaining and sip port him!

=D>.......i thank you sir, i'm now off to bed with a smile.......that is f*cking hilarious

He ran his nuts off today. Played very well. People are calling it based on how they expected him to play, not how he performed on the day.

For me, Ade & Eriksen set the tone. When they're up for it, as they were today, the whole team presses and harries and plays with much more conviction & urgency.

He ran his nuts off today. Played very well. People are calling it based on how they expected him to play, not how he performed on the day.

For me, Ade & Eriksen set the tone. When they're up for it, as they were today, the whole team presses and harries and plays with much more conviction & urgency.

I also thought he played well.

I only saw highlights but Ade was contributing very positively and was excellent in the build up to our goal.

There I complimented Ade! to all those who think this is just a place to bash Ade with a stick, I complimented him! so ner ner ner ner ner!

I may have called for a time of AA (after adebayor) but I can give credit where its due, to all those thinking certain comments about Ade are a disgrace, just bear in mind most of us get very frustrated because we KNOW there is a player in there who on his day can be sensational but looking at him sometimes he doesn't seem to care enough for our cause.

Ade will always be divisive but fair play to him today, contributed massively to three very needed points.

His first thirty minutes were awful. Then for the rest of the game as I saw it he improved immensely. And right now he is the best we have.

How can you say that when Kane and Soldado have barely had a look in for the premier League games. I doubt Kane would have lost the plot in front of goal in the same way Ade has in the last two matches.

when ade passed that ball to chadli i thought it was a poor pass as chadli was totally marked front left and center, and the ball was played behind him (ade always does this !) so there was no chance for a quick strike.

chadli's reverse lay off to eriksen was an instincitive piece of skill that bamboozled the entire soton backline to save the day (and eriksens current reputation).

but while it led to the goal, there was still a ton of work left for chadli and eriksen. so full credit to both of them, I thought rose has been doing that a lot but we never had someone on the near post to receive and lay off for another, so while it led to the goal, its only wonderful because Ade played a part as if chadli or rose had done that they'd get no applause on here.

On MOTD2 they looked at Lukaku's contributions for Everton

They divided the pitch lengthways into 3 zones, the middle zone being in front of goal, then the left and right channels.

Against Liverpool every touch was in the right zone. Yesterday nearly every touch was in the left zone, with 1 or 2 in the middle zone but not near goal.

This is what Adebayor is doing for Spurs, all of his touches are in the channels, none in the box where it matters (or it would just be a soft header in the air, not an effort on goal).

Very strange, very frustrating, but interesting that the vaunted athlete Lukaku is having exactly the same issue at present... or following exactly the same gameplan from Roberto Martinez.

I thought that Adebayor had a good game for us yesterday.

I would be interested to hear how many of those that thought he didn't have a good game yesterday have based that opinion on:

a) just the fact that they do not like him.
b) listending to the game on the radio
c) watching the match via a stream.

I would also be interested in what more he could've done in the view of those that thought he played poorly?

Adebayor was pretty much key to our whole game plan. He was generally isolated up front, given scrappy service and consistently confronted with both centre halves. Despite this he worked hard to pull them around and create space for our midfielders to run into. He also generally held the ball up well and brought others into play. Yes he found it difficult to get into the box - but that was because of the part he was having to play in the build up, without him linking up away from the penalty area we simply weren't able to get into positions to get the ball into the box.

Yesterday Adebayor played a big part in our goal, put Chadli in for a 1 on 1 with the keeper (where Chadli then took it too wide to get it on to his left foot instead of trusting the finish with his right from what would've been a much better angle) and also could've had a penalty/created another goal when he run into the box was stopped and Lamela then decided not to shoot).

Adebayor also did more pressing/closing down than just about any of our other players.

I wish that some people would judge players on their performance rather than their reputation/how much they like them. Just to show that I am able to do this I'd just like to say that a player I had almost given up on.... Etienne Capoue - played really well yesterday - sound defensive positioning, tackles and interceptions, consistently showed for the ball when we were in possession and also seemed a lot more progressive on the ball than in our previous home games.

I think for effort, Southampton home and the Sunderland away games have been his best this season but even in these two games his quality has been average at best.

Agree with Bullet in the above post #2153 , that Ade is not getting into the spaces in the middle zone. I'm thinking it's because he doesn't have the know-how to make the runs needed to find these central spaces, rather than instructions from the manager. All to often, he's on his heels when we have the ball in the central positions on the edge of our opponents penalty box so it's easy for the opponent to be tight on him. Finding the spaces out on the wings is far easier to do.

Maybe he should watch DVD's of some great strikers of the past like, Klinsmann, Nistelrooy and Batistuta who at the sniff of a possibility to get on the score sheet, would go into hyper manic mode for a goal. I just don't see it with Ade .

I really do think Ade has not developed much to his game over the years, and that his seasons with us should've been his peak years.

Back