• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Adebayor

What Kane offers that's different from Soldado and Defoe I think we can get from other first team players like Sig, Eriksen or Chadli.

What Defoe offers is fairly similar to what Soldado offers and I see little evidence of them forming a functional partnership at any point.

Ade on the other hand offers something different, a physical presence, more running in the channels, someone that creates a bit of space for others. Had he been on the bench against Arsenal and in decent form I think we would have been in a much better situation than when bringing on Defoe.

I agree that we need someone with Ade's attributes, I'd just prefer them in someone without his mental weakness.

I just don't understand why we tolerate it. It's fine to let a player think himself into being **** but a player who lets himself get fat is fair game.

He's on compassionate leave and is still in Togo. The club have given him as long as he needs by the sound of it and AVB has said he's behind the others in fitness because of this. He'll train with the development team until his fitness is back up to par.

I'm not going to pretend his performances weren't sub-par last season but he still scored some important goals and showed glimpses of being the player we know he is capable of. Some of the criticism of him here is ridiculously melodramatic, not many clubs in the league can claim to have a 3rd choice striker as good as Ade.

He's on compassionate leave and is still in Togo. The club have given him as long as he needs by the sound of it and AVB has said he's behind the others in fitness because of this. He'll train with the development team until his fitness is back up to par.

I'm not going to pretend his performances weren't sub-par last season but he still scored some important goals and showed glimpses of being the player we know he is capable of. Some of the criticism of him here is ridiculously melodramatic, not many clubs in the league can claim to have a 3rd choice striker as good as Ade.

Not many teams spend £100K per week on players who spend half their time in Africa, the rest not assisting or scoring.

Cannot understand this social worker attitude about Ade, he has took the **** wherever he has played, always ends in tears and we are going to be the next.

I can name 91

I am hearing
Although Emmanuel Adebayor’s wages at Tottenham are often quoted at around £85,000-a-week, he actually earns more than double that because Emirates Marketing Project still pay nearly £100k-a-week on top.

This goes some way to explaining why a deadline move out of the club never materialised

Some salary for a player now banished to training with the Spurs kids.

QPR are willing to take him on loan but will only chip in a few grand a week, but that’s hardly going to knock much of the wage bills of Spurs or City. Adebayor a three club man? That’s nuts

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ch--The-Football-Grapevine.html#ixzz2evnQHSeG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Things not looking good if this is to be believed.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/14/emman...ham-for-1m-pay-off-to-leave-the-club-3993545/

Funny that Redknapp recently got involved.

I know its Metro, but...if true and he wants to leave, then maybe its worth it. If he is still here in Jan we will have paid him more than £1m in wages by then.

I didnt want him to leave, still think there is a player in there. We obviously dont know whats gone on for sure, but it doesnt look good for him right now

I was one of those that actually thought he has a future at Spurs but it seems maybe I was wrong. On the money he is on if AVB really thinks he has no future I say we pay the £1m and get him off our wage bill pronto, assuming that story in the Metro is true

I was one of those that actually thought he has a future at Spurs but it seems maybe I was wrong. On the money he is on if AVB really thinks he has no future I say we pay the £1m and get him off our wage bill pronto, assuming that story in the Metro is true

My thoughts exactly

I may be uneducated about transfers but as a free agent won't he get a signing-on fee roughly the same as a transfer fee? If so he should be paying the club to break his contract, not the other way around.

I thought it was widely accepted that City were still paying part of Ade's wages.

If true that he wants out and that he wants £1m from the club for releasing him that actually seems like a very low figure to me. Would expect any player to ask for a more significant portion of their remaining contract to be paid to them.

IF the Metro story is true, no way should we get rid of him before the January window. Get him fit, and keep him as back up until we get another proven recognised striker in January the last thing we need is another injury crisis.

Ade doesnt fit with our new team which is highly motivated and hungry for success. Ade couldnt care less about our teams goals, he's only ever cared about his bank balance and has no ambition as a footballer. He is now just a parasite on our club but hopefully he'll stay away from the first team till Jan so he wont be able to drag down morale. As others have said we were warned about this guy.

Back