• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Adebayor

Maybe I am reading this all wrong but I am getting the impression that AVB's brusque and wirey answers, which is par for the course with AVB has kind of been misconstrued. I think he is saying that Ade will train with the development squad until he regains his first team level fitness and that he won't train with the first yet because he is well behind on his match fitness and will probably play a few games for the development squad to get upto speed.

I personally don't think this is him banishing Ade to the reserves as it were and looking to make it public knowledge.

I think you're spot on - that's how I took AVB's statements too.

13/09/2013
By West London Sport
QPR manager Harry Redknapp is not ruling out an attempt to take Emmanuel Adebayor on loan from Tottenham.

The striker, 29, is out of favour at White Hart Lane and former Spurs boss Redknapp expressed an interest in him prior to the recent transfer deadline.

And Redknapp would jump at the chance to add Adebayor to his squad but doubts the player would be keen to drop down a division.

“It would be a great loan, that’s for sure, but I don’t know what will happen with him,” said Redknapp.

“He can’t go on loan to a Premier League club, he can only go to the Championship. Whether he’d want to do that I don’t know.”

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/redknapp-not-ruling-out-move-for-adebayor?

Come on Arry, you know it makes sense

Maybe I am reading this all wrong but I am getting the impression that AVB's brusque and wirey answers, which is par for the course with AVB has kind of been misconstrued. I think he is saying that Ade will train with the development squad until he regains his first team level fitness and that he won't train with the first yet because he is well behind on his match fitness and will probably play a few games for the development squad to get upto speed.

I personally don't think this is him banishing Ade to the reserves as it were and looking to make it public knowledge.

There's no reason why he can't train with the full squad whilst he regains his fitness. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember Kaboul being shunted down to the developement squad when he returned from injury.

I don't see any point to this move by AVB other than making it crystal clear that Adebayor is not in his future plans. Let's be honest, he had a shocking season last campaign, but he has flattered to deceive ever since he had that one truly great season at scum many years ago. My guess is he will end up at a club like Fulham, but we won't be able to get shot until next season at the least.

Come on Arry, you know it makes sense

though it will leave us with Soldado, Defoe and Kane

thats scary if Soldado picks up a knock

id keep Ade till Jan and then let him leave on a free and get in a replacement. Fcuk knows who though

though it will leave us with Soldado, Defoe and Kane

thats scary if Soldado picks up a knock

id keep Ade till Jan and then let him leave on a free and get in a replacement. Fcuk knows who though

That's a good point, depth would be a problem if Soldado picks up an injury. I remember in January when Adebayor went to the ACN a lot people were saying "we don't need another striker, we have Sig, Ade, Defoe and Dempsey". Look how that turned out.

That how I read it too

There's no reason why he can't train with the full squad whilst he regains his fitness. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember Kaboul being shunted down to the developement squad when he returned from injury.

I don't see any point to this move by AVB other than making it crystal clear that Adebayor is not in his future plans. Let's be honest, he had a shocking season last campaign, but he has flattered to deceive ever since he had that one truly great season at scum many years ago. My guess is he will end up at a club like Fulham, but we won't be able to get shot until next season at the least.

I'd imagine that there is quite a lot of difference between integrating a player with the full squad with no pre-season now and integrating a player at the end of the season (which was ultimately unsuccessful and could have lead to a change of policy).

Kaboul was a different scenario. He was back at the start of pre season, finishing off his personalised plan specific to his rehab and was seperate to the rest of the squad until he was ready to be integrated. Adebayor hasn't played since July and everybody has now had their pre season fitness and games and has also played competitively, putting them at a totally different level of fitness.

I don't think anyone can argue he was pretty poor last season but I don't buy this whole idea of him being secure and then suddenly, conciously deciding to play like an ****. I think he is a confidence player and one that maybe needs to be managed in a personal fashion slightly differently to most other players. That is down to AVB to find out and decide if its worth the hassle but I would suggest that getting Adebayor's head right and making him competitive with Soldado/Defoe can only work in our favour whereas just sacking him off means we are light until at least January and definitely doesn't work in our favour.

I'd love... I'd really love it if QPR took him on loan till January. Come on Harry, make me love you once more.

Kaboul was a different scenario. He was back at the start of pre season, finishing off his personalised plan specific to his rehab and was seperate to the rest of the squad until he was ready to be integrated. Adebayor hasn't played since July and everybody has now had their pre season fitness and games and has also played competitively, putting them at a totally different level of fitness.

I don't think anyone can argue he was pretty poor last season but I don't buy this whole idea of him being secure and then suddenly, conciously deciding to play like an ****. I think he is a confidence player and one that maybe needs to be managed in a personal fashion slightly differently to most other players. That is down to AVB to find out and decide if its worth the hassle but I would suggest that getting Adebayor's head right and making him competitive with Soldado/Defoe can only work in our favour whereas just sacking him off means we are light until at least January and definitely doesn't work in our favour.

Ok, has any other Spurs player been forced to train with the development team to your knowledge during AVB's reign?

His lack of form AFTER he gets his contract comes down to motivation or lack of it.

"Up to when I find it appropriate, he will train with the development team" Doesn't exactly scream he's in my plans for the future. Plus he's said Adebayor was free to leave. Whether we rate him or not, it's obvious AVB doesn't rate him that highly.

It stands to reason that 3 fit and on song strikers is better than 1 or 2, but I don't see him being a factor, even if AVB does give him chances to prove himself again.

Ok, has any other Spurs player been forced to train with the development team to your knowledge during AVB's reign?

His lack of form AFTER he gets his contract comes down to motivation or lack of it.

"Up to when I find it appropriate, he will train with the development team" Doesn't exactly scream he's in my plans for the future. Plus he's said Adebayor was free to leave. Whether we rate him or not, it's obvious AVB doesn't rate him that highly.

It stands to reason that 3 fit and on song strikers is better than 1 or 2, but I don't see him being a factor, even if AVB does give him chances to prove himself again.

I don't know of any other players like that to my knowledge but then again this is a scenario that hasn't cropped up before. He has missed alot of pre season which is why I think he is going to be with them doing fitness work and more drills than the first team are going to be doing which will be more match specific. Thats my only reasoning for thinking along those lines.

You can't say that and neither can I with any surety. We can speculate but I cannot believe that a player concsiously decides to stop bothering in all aspects because he has a contract. It has to be something deeper, something that we wouldn't see because we don't play with him, spend time with him or manage him. It's a bizarre scenario but one that someone has to try and get to the bottom of and of course Adebayor has a responsibility to make sense of it too. That's why I want him to have a chance to rectify last season's complete collapse in his form.

AVB doesn't always come across well with specific statements and lines - remember his comment about one of our players potentially being clever enough to take a 3rd booking in the group stage of the Europa last season? I don't think he is an easy man to interpret when he is making comments or passing statements.

I don't know of any other players like that to my knowledge but then again this is a scenario that hasn't cropped up before. He has missed alot of pre season which is why I think he is going to be with them doing fitness work and more drills than the first team are going to be doing which will be more match specific. Thats my only reasoning for thinking along those lines.

You can't say that and neither can I with any surety. We can speculate but I cannot believe that a player concsiously decides to stop bothering in all aspects because he has a contract. It has to be something deeper, something that we wouldn't see because we don't play with him, spend time with him or manage him. It's a bizarre scenario but one that someone has to try and get to the bottom of and of course Adebayor has a responsibility to make sense of it too. That's why I want him to have a chance to rectify last season's complete collapse in his form.

AVB doesn't always come across well with specific statements and lines - remember his comment about one of our players potentially being clever enough to take a 3rd booking in the group stage of the Europa last season? I don't think he is an easy man to interpret when he is making comments or passing statements.

Fair enough, even if I don't agree, I can't argue with your reasoning.

AVB doesn't always come across well with specific statements and lines - remember his comment about one of our players potentially being clever enough to take a 3rd booking in the group stage of the Europa last season?
I don't think he is an easy man to interpret when he is making comments or passing statements.

What's this, then? Who was he talking about?

What's this, then? Who was he talking about?

I can't remember off the top of my head but he was being asked about it in post match presser and the press officer was trying to get him to shut up. The reporter asked him to repeat himself so that it was on camera and the press officer took over and said AVB means this and that sort of thing. Might have been after one of the Maribor games.

Back