• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Adebayor

Spurs management must be seriously ****ed-off with Adebayor, as he's not been included in the official 2013-14 first team squad photo...

A5288_zpsf1e54046.jpg

...Jordan Archer, our Scottish U21 goalie, gets to be in the shot.

Spurs management must be seriously ****ed-off with Adebayor, as he's not been included in the official 2013-14 first team squad photo...

A5288_zpsf1e54046.jpg

...Jordan Archer, our Scottish U21 goalie, gets to be in the shot.

Where did you find that photo mate?

Not many teams spend £100K per week on players who spend half their time in Africa, the rest not assisting or scoring.

You can't begrudge him being in Africa, called by his country and family tragedy. Judge him for being **** by all means though.

Bored with the whole sorry Ade saga now. Please can we move on peeps - it seems the club already have.

You can't begrudge him being in Africa, called by his country and family tragedy. Judge him for being **** by all means though.

If I had performed the way he did last season I'd be far too ashamed to go on sabbatical mid way through the season. I'd also have hurried the **** up to get back to work.

For all his shyte performance last season, still not sure how Adebayor came up with that brilliant goal against Chelsea. It was one of the best individual goal of last season. He can be a good striker for us if he can score like that consistently.

Soldado is clever but Ade is probably the most naturally talented of our strikers in terms of passing, link up, vision etc, and I suspect he would thrive with Eriksen and Lamela around him. I just hope he gets fit, gets his house in order and we can bring him back into the fold.

I think that's a bit of a sensationalist article from a pretty **** journo to be honest.

He said: “I don’t think it helps the team because someone like Manu is a great player and played for some of the top clubs in the world.

I kind of know what you are saying but the quote is pretty damming..

As much as I like to hear from the players I don't when it they are going against what the manager has decided..

Soldado is clever but Ade is probably the most naturally talented of our strikers in terms of passing, link up, vision etc, and I suspect he would thrive with Eriksen and Lamela around him. I just hope he gets fit, gets his house in order and we can bring him back into the fold.

If he gives a **** ... the problem is we don't see the training ground.

My opinion, Ade/JD should get a bit of game time in the cups, if they work hard, bang them in, then they have a shot for the PL spot.

I really do feel for Ade or anyone that loses a close family member but I still don't see why he should miss weeks of work. The rest of us with normal jobs would get a few days off and have to get back on with work and life don't see why he as a footballer should be treated different.

Not being heartless but if I lost my sister and went on a two week sabbatical i would probably come back and not have a job

I really do feel for Ade or anyone that loses a close family member but I still don't see why he should miss weeks of work. The rest of us with normal jobs would get a few days off and have to get back on with work and life don't see why he as a footballer should be treated different.

Not being heartless but if I lost my sister and went on a two week sabbatical i would probably come back and not have a job

All you would need is a doctors note. Just to say your not mentally right to work and are mourning the loss. If they sacked you then you would take them to the cleaners.

Its a bit strange that Defoe is complaining about not getting enough playing time and at the same time wants Ade back as more competition.

Interesting that they choose not to print the question though, isn't it?

Bingo!

Question 1: "What do you think of AVB's decision to put Ade in the reserves?"
Answer: “I don’t think it helps the team because...."

Question 2: "Does it hurt the team to be missing a good player like Ade?"
Answer: “I don’t think it helps the team because..."

And note Defoe's final line: "Hopefully he will be back soon with the team.” Note that he doesn't say "back soon with the first team" - if Question 1 was the one he'd been asked, he'd have added that distinction. Which he doesn't.

Journalistic sharp practice, or bog standard sloppiness. One or t'other.

Ed: Just noticed the article's headline. Sharp practice it is then. Dirty bastards.

I agree with JD that Ade should not have been made to play with the reserves if he is fit.
It seems petty to me. Obviously JD knows his days at Spurs are numbered but he has never said anything to rock the boat in his career.
AVB does not think we need Ade. I hope he is right.

Can't believe the leeway some are giving him. One great goal against Chelsea doesn't erase an appalling season. We were warned about him by fans of his previous clubs. He has flattered to deceive his entire career. It sounds like a broken record now, but the guy really does play hard until he gets his contract then he relaxes. On his day his overall play is better than Defoe's and arguably Soldado's, but having talent just isn't enough I'm afraid. Players like Messi, Xavi and even someone like Frank Lampard didn't get to where they are today simply with talent, they worked at their games and have the desire to constantly improve, I don't know how anyone could say with a straight face that Adebayor has that same hunger. If he really is the real deal then AVB wouldn't have felt the need to splash out £26m on Soldado.

I agree, he certainly doesnt have the desire or the hunger to get to the top and I think most here will have worked with people who just dont care and do just enough to get through the week. These people sap morale from other hard working staff who earn significantly less. We are trying to bulid a title winning team and we cant carry this "lazy" or "on his day...." type anymore.

Back