• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Adebayor

Our strikers list, in order of IMO club preference. Top being most likely to start to bottom least likely to get a game.

Soldado
Defoe
Lamela
Kane
Lancaster
Coulthirst
Obika
Coulibally
Adebayor

The most disasterous signing the club has ever made IMO. Both financially and in terms of a disruptive influence to the team.

At least Bentley was prepared to go out on loan. Adebayor will simply go through the motions or play in the reserves collecting his £100k p/w salary for the next 3 years.

Maybe I am reading this all wrong but I am getting the impression that AVB's brusque and wirey answers, which is par for the course with AVB has kind of been misconstrued. I think he is saying that Ade will train with the development squad until he regains his first team level fitness and that he won't train with the first yet because he is well behind on his match fitness and will probably play a few games for the development squad to get upto speed.

I personally don't think this is him banishing Ade to the reserves as it were and looking to make it public knowledge.

On the money. But it's a nice little 'turmoil' story innit!

The most disasterous signing the club has ever made IMO. Both financially and in terms of a disruptive influence to the team.

Do you really have any evidence of this? And of the first claim, for that matter? Surely Bentley is worse...

Adebayor

though it will leave us with Soldado, Defoe and Kane

thats scary if Soldado picks up a knock

id keep Ade till Jan and then let him leave on a free and get in a replacement. Fcuk knows who though

I think that group has exactly the same number of goals in it as a group of Soldado, Defoe,Kane and Ade.

Adebayor

Does that mean you rate Ade's goal quotion as precisely zero?

Taking everything into account between now and January (current state of mind, fitness, not a contract season) yes. I'd say there's as much chance of Kane scoring a PL goal as there is Ade.

Of course, there's one sure way to find out - tell him to go to Tromso away and do a job. That will tell us which Ade we have this season.

Imo Ade is better off someplace else. On balance i don't want the 'risk' of him around.

Looks like West Brom were gonna let Shane Long go to Hull.

Imo worth snapping up in January as our 2/3 choice. Age 26 and can play most roles as a forward.

Taking everything into account between now and January (current state of mind, fitness, not a contract season) yes. I'd say there's as much chance of Kane scoring a PL goal as there is Ade.

Of course, there's one sure way to find out - tell him to go to Tromso away and do a job. That will tell us which Ade we have this season.

One game will barely tell us anything, especially for a player who hasn't done most of the pre-season and might still not be match fit yet.

He mightn't be scoring goals, but I don't really know where people are getting the idea that Ade is a malign or negative influence around the place (and certainly not to the extent that he has to be shipped out for fear of contagian of that negativity). Is there actual evidence for that?

He mightn't be scoring goals, but I don't really know where people are getting the idea that Ade is a malign or negative influence around the place (and certainly not to the extent that he has to be shipped out for fear of contagian of that negativity). Is there actual evidence for that?

Agreed

I really struggle to see how that can be the case.

I'm assuming you're referring to his wages, but even at the higher end of what we reportedly pay him (£100k p/w) plus the reported transfer fee of £5m that still "only" adds up to a bit over £20m over 3 years. That's assuming that we don't get any money for selling him at some point and that he stays around for that length of time.

Bentley's fee was what, £16m? I think he easily made more than £4m from Spurs. The return of Keane was reported at somewhere around £12-14m, I wouldn't be surprised if that ended up costing us more in total than Ade will when all is said and done.

If you adjust for inflation/market prices then I think Rebrov cost us significantly more than Ade will.

I think that group has exactly the same number of goals in it as a group of Soldado, Defoe,Kane and Ade.

What Kane offers that's different from Soldado and Defoe I think we can get from other first team players like Sig, Eriksen or Chadli.

What Defoe offers is fairly similar to what Soldado offers and I see little evidence of them forming a functional partnership at any point.

Ade on the other hand offers something different, a physical presence, more running in the channels, someone that creates a bit of space for others. Had he been on the bench against Arsenal and in decent form I think we would have been in a much better situation than when bringing on Defoe.

Er, he's currently not around to play against Norwich, so i would be highly surprised if he was fit to play against Tromso five days later.

He is fit, I assume but not match fit. Tromso seems a good opportunity for him (and Spurs.)

The season starts today!

No, I mean yes. Or do I mean no?

I thought Ade came back on Monday and has been training with the development squad all week.

Last edited:
Back