• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Adebayor

I don't agree that his attitude has been questionable in this instance, his brother has died and he has needed some time to deal with the fall out and grieve.

Frank Lampard played in an important game within days of his mother dying, Ade is a mercenary tosspot and nothing will change my opinion, we will have to disagree Milo, also I have employed people for over thirty years and have had many staff lose close ones, I have always supported them and the average time off is around a week.

Frank Lampard played in an important game within days of his mother dying, Ade is a mercenary tosspot and nothing will change my opinion, we will have to disagree Milo, also I have employed people for over thirty years and have had many staff lose close ones, I have always supported them and the average time off is around a week.

Everyone deals with grief differently so it's unfair to criticise him for that.

But I do agree you about his character in general.

I appreciate that but you can guarantee he will come back out of shape and unfit, then when he is available for selection he will pull one of his famous hamstrings, ordinary people don't miss work for three weeks because a relative dies, why should he, his history wherever he has been is disgraceful.

Spot on. Two days compassionate leave when my mother died. Two days compassionate leave when my father died. Thems the facts living in the real world. How long has he had off in total ,5/6 weeks?

Spot on. Two days compassionate leave when my mother died. Two days compassionate leave when my father died. Thems the facts living in the real world. How long has he had off in total ,5/6 weeks?

Not sure but his pre-season has been a joke once again, he's hardly been value for money since we have had him, he's never bloody fit!

^^
Football isn't the "real world." It is in the entertainment industry. Nobody in a "proper" job has all his actions scrutinised by 35,000 people in person or millions elsewhere.

Stephen Fry has a very nice life and is a multi millionaire yet he says most days he feels like topping himself. And he is not good enough for a bench spot against Norwich!

Photos playing with the development squad arrived yet. :lol: I wait, as we all know deep down what's coming. Lets have a sweep on who the hard challenge is on/ turning into fisticuffs.

^^
Football isn't the "real world." It is in the entertainment industry. Nobody in a "proper" job has all his actions scrutinised by 35,000 people in person or millions elsewhere.

Stephen Fry has a very nice life and is a multi millionaire yet he says most days he feels like topping himself. And he is not good enough for a bench spot against Norwich!

AVB is very big on "team spirit" and "bonding" I cannot see Ade doing either, I think there will be nothing but hassle until January, on his money he could have a live in shrink, to get where he is in sport there is no lack of character he is just a pain in the ****.

Two days would hardly be sufficient for him to go to Togo and back. Also, how do we know that there aren't complicating factors here?

Whatever his performances we like last season and his attitude like in the past, I think that he deserves the benefit of the doubt on this occasion. Let's hope that it works out because an on form Ade would be a real boost to this squad.

id give him a free transfer, i cannot see any other way a club will come in and buy him....fcuk it, just get him off the payroll and make space for someone else

id give him a free transfer, i cannot see any other way a club will come in and buy him....fcuk it, just get him off the payroll and make space for someone else

+1, no way on this earth is he a team player, I can really imagine him turning up on a wet cold windy night at Carlisle in a league cup game and giving it his best, as you say get rid.

People do like to make things black and white. It is true that he has had some genuine problems, the team shooting at the ACN, injuries, and his brother's death. Against that you have to look at a pattern of good performances followed by indifference, disputes with his national team, retiring and returning, and rash behaviour on the pitch. He had his annus mirabilis with Arsenal, demonstrating the talent to be really great, but never repeated it except for the occasional game or, at best, a string of games. His indifference with Arsenal and later City preceded his main problems. Even if slightly unfair, he didn't get his reputation of playing for a contract for nothing.

That said, I don't like these public banishing of players to the reserves. It seems so small time, more willy-waving to demonstrate the hierarchy than well-thought out policy. If he is not in the plans, tell him in private, and make plausible excuses for his absence (e.g. lack of preseason, fitness, etc). It's not as if the club has a reputation of being forthcoming and explaining things to the fans (what is up with that stadium?).

Edit: I'm now Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 \o/

Last edited:

i like the Ade in his first season or when he is motivated to earn a contract.....after that as we have witnessed it all becomes messy.

Does AVB really want Ade? in fact, did he even want Ade in the first place:-k

People do like to make things black and white. It is true that he has had some genuine problems, the team shooting at the ACN, injuries, and his brother's death. Against that you have to look at a pattern of good performances followed by indifference, disputes with his national team, retiring and returning, and rash behaviour on the pitch. He had his annus mirabilis with Arsenal, demonstrating the talent to be really great, but never repeated it except for the occasional game or, at best, a string of games. His indifference with Arsenal and later City preceded his main problems. Even if slightly unfair, he didn't get his reputation of playing for a contract for nothing.

That said, I don't like these public banishing of players to the reserves. It seems so small time, more willy-waving to demonstrate the hierarchy than well-thought out policy. If he is not in the plans, tell him in private, and make plausible excuses for his absence (e.g. lack of preseason, fitness, etc). It's not as if the club has a reputation of being forthcoming and explaining things to the fans (what is up with that stadium?).

Edit: I'm now Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 \o/

An excellent point. This seems to be AVB's weapon of choice, as was the case when he was a Chelsea too. If Ade has demonstrated unacceptable behaviour then by all means punish him but I certainly don't want to hear about internal club discipline problems (and remedies!) in the media. That is a bad policy that serves no-one. And I think the go-play-with-the kids policy is a rather petty way to handle things. I'm sure they can come up with something else if they put their minds to it.

Adebayor was the only Premier League player to register double figures for both goals (17) and assists (11) during the 2011-12 season.

What a ****ing waste

I think everyone is simply assuming that the 3 weeks was for grieving. However we simply don't know the details. What i do know is that in most african families everything starts and ends with the man. Without the man things that very quickly degenerate as woman simply don't have the independence that western cultures do.

What i imagine has occured is that Ade is ensuring his brothers family is taken care of, there is a structure in place to allow the family to continue independently. Simple things like bills, contracts, legal matters - i imagine the brother's wife is like "Ade, help us". I imagine that Ade would have to ensure that other family members step in and share the load. This means they would need more money to do this. Who, when, how much, how often etc.

I really don't think 2 days and/or throw a lot of money at it is sufficiant. Incidentally if they were based in this country, then yeah 3 weeks is waaay too long.

13/09/2013
By West London Sport
QPR manager Harry Redknapp is not ruling out an attempt to take Emmanuel Adebayor on loan from Tottenham.

The striker, 29, is out of favour at White Hart Lane and former Spurs boss Redknapp expressed an interest in him prior to the recent transfer deadline.

And Redknapp would jump at the chance to add Adebayor to his squad but doubts the player would be keen to drop down a division.

“It would be a great loan, that’s for sure, but I don’t know what will happen with him,” said Redknapp.

“He can’t go on loan to a Premier League club, he can only go to the Championship. Whether he’d want to do that I don’t know.”

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/redknapp-not-ruling-out-move-for-adebayor?

Maybe I am reading this all wrong but I am getting the impression that AVB's brusque and wirey answers, which is par for the course with AVB has kind of been misconstrued. I think he is saying that Ade will train with the development squad until he regains his first team level fitness and that he won't train with the first yet because he is well behind on his match fitness and will probably play a few games for the development squad to get upto speed.

I personally don't think this is him banishing Ade to the reserves as it were and looking to make it public knowledge.

Back