• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Ade will score a couple of very important goals in the run in.

Doesn't look capable of it at the moment although things can change. I just want to know what happened to the Adebayor of last season, who was one of our best players. Or for that matter, the Defoe of earlier this season. We could use at least one of them turning up now.

Hope so. I used to be a big fan of his however now, given how unreliable he's shown himself to be, I would sell him in the summer if we can find someone to pay his wages. We need a better CF than both him and Defoe and I dont think Ade would be the ideal man to have hanging around not playing much.

Will obviously support both for the run-in, and GHod do they need it - neither looks remotely capable of scoring at the moment!

Have you watched him play this year. Lack of effort does not seem to be the issue, he has just been playing brick

He's been brick, he's also shown a lack of effort at times followed by bursts of effort and determination. As many others have said, he's just too unreliable.

Ade may well score a couple of important goals (as he did against Inter) doesnt mean all is forgiven in my book. Pav also scored a few vital goals and well... we know what happened there...

Can someone dig out some of them fancy graphs with the passes during the game?

I'd like to know what it is exactly that Ade isn't doing this season compared to last? Because at the weekend I thought he was pretty decent (aside from that obvious powderpuff side foot straight at the keeper... grrrr!) He was all over the place linking up nicely and getting involved. I just don't know what it is? If he was getting in the box more and had double figures this season would people be saying that his all round game is really good this year? Ade is no workhorse but compared to some I wouldn't call him lazy (Pav put in less than half the effort but scored a few). Is that the crux of it... lack of goals? or are there things he was doing last year that he's not this year?

People often mention other flavour of the month strikers like Benteke, Fletcher etc but we've had strikers like Bent and Pav AND Defoe who are goalscorers and not much else. If we want to replace Ade with someone like him who can also be deadly at finishing then there aint many of them about that we can afford/attract. Another reason why it's so important to make CL again this year AND not waste the transfer window this time!!.

Can someone dig out some of them fancy graphs with the passes during the game?

I'd like to know what it is exactly that Ade isn't doing this season compared to last? Because at the weekend I thought he was pretty decent (aside from that obvious powderpuff side foot straight at the keeper... grrrr!) He was all over the place linking up nicely and getting involved. I just don't know what it is? If he was getting in the box more and had double figures this season would people be saying that his all round game is really good this year? Ade is no workhorse but compared to some I wouldn't call him lazy (Pav put in less than half the effort but scored a few). Is that the crux of it... lack of goals? or are there things he was doing last year that he's not this year?

People often mention other flavour of the month strikers like Benteke, Fletcher etc but we've had strikers like Bent and Pav AND Defoe who are goalscorers and not much else. If we want to replace Ade with someone like him who can also be deadly at finishing then there aint many of them about that we can afford/attract. Another reason why it's so important to make CL again this year AND not waste the transfer window this time!!.

I think Ade was pretty crap overall before Christmas. After New years, his hold up play has improved a lot, but he's still not at the level he was at his best last season.

The main problem is that he doesn't score enough goals. It's great that he's started to contribute to our overall game, but being a striker, he also needs to be more dangerous in front of goals. I'm not expecting RVP or Messi like figures in terms of goals scored, but we should at least expect him to chip in with a goal every two-three games if he's starting. 4 goals in 24 appearences this season is simply not good enough, especially compared to last years 18 in 37, plus 12 assists.

I am still hopeful he has a purple patch in him, though, because we could certainly need it in our run in.

I am still hopeful he has a purple patch in him, though, because we could certainly need it in our run in.

So am I. As you said, since new years he hasn't actually been playing that badly, just needs something to go his way and he'll be able to build from there.

For me Adebayor has been the Player Of The Year. He has this unique ability to do absolutely nothing.

You cannot argue with that. In that sense, he deserves to win the European and World Player Of The Year award!:ross:

Last edited:
[video=youtube;gj6Rm3ZAph0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj6Rm3ZAph0[/video]

I definitely miss this guy

[video=youtube;gj6Rm3ZAph0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj6Rm3ZAph0[/video]

I definitely miss this guy

Yes. We all know he's in there somewhere, AVB or one of his staff just need to get in there and find him.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home last season, what an individual display he put in that night

Most of those Ade goals were tap-ins or 1-on-1s taken very smartly. This year he doesn't seem to have any confidence, when he gets a chance it doesn't work out for him and you think it was bad luck, but when it happens 20 times you realise it's not luck it's just poor football.

If we could entice Paul McKenna to the training ground, he would have him sorted in 5 minutes flat, as Ade has all the skill you want but bugger all confidence at the moment - hence the powder puff efforts.

Most of those Ade goals were tap-ins or 1-on-1s taken very smartly. This year he doesn't seem to have any confidence, when he gets a chance it doesn't work out for him and you think it was bad luck, but when it happens 20 times you realise it's not luck it's just poor football.

If we could entice Paul McKenna to the training ground, he would have him sorted in 5 minutes flat, as Ade has all the skill you want but bugger all confidence at the moment - hence the powder puff efforts.

Or Eileen Drewery...

I admire some of you in the way that you still give Ade the benefit of the doubt. Two goals and no assists all season speaks volumes for me especially in a reasonably successful team with two of the best wingers in the league on either side of you.

AvB must have tried a few different things in terms of getting his confidence back, whatever he's done though it hasn't worked and time is fast running out for him to save his career at our club.

Yes. We all know he's in there somewhere, AVB or one of his staff just need to get in there and find him.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home last season, what an individual display he put in that night

There is one difference between last season and this season - contract.

Its a human thing - human nature - when you have something to 'play' for you tend to work harder and put in all the hours you need including effort and endeavour. He is one of those, like millions of others out there, that needs to be constantly challenged and motivated in order to do something. The motivation? in his case essentially its money. As players will be guaranteed the money for the duration of the contract he is safe in the knowledge he will be picking up his cheque for the next X years. The last year of the ocntract he may perform again (if he stays that long)

Here's AVB's take on Ade:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...-emmanuel-adebayor-'doing-a-good-job'?cc=4716

AVB: Adebayor 'doing a good job'

April 3, 2013

By Kevin Palmer

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has leapt to the defence of out-of-form striker Emmanuel Adebayor and insisted his lack of goals will not threaten his side's aims on two fronts in the final month of the season.
emmanueladebayoragainstinter_275x155.jpg

Adebayor has scored just one Premier League goal since mid-November and with Jermain Defoe back on the treatment table after his latest injury blow, the onus will fall on the Togolese to lead the Tottenham forward line in the next few weeks.
While Adebayor has come under fire from some Tottenham supporters this season, his manager has claimed the striker signed from Emirates Marketing Project last summer is being asked to perform a new role in his team, with goals not the priority as he spearheads the attack.
"Adebayor has been helping the team a lot," Villas-Boas said. "As a striker, he wants to live off his goal-scoring tag and he has adapted to doing something different. We keep our faith and confidence in him because he is helping the team.
"We try to get him into the goal-scoring positions more often to help him with his scoring tag, but we cannot be obsessed with this. He is doing a good job.
"He has been making that link for us very, very well. We have found comfort in a 4-4-2 line up and played that most of the season. We always had one striker coming short off the other one and Ade has done that to a great extent this season.

"He has probably played this role with the sacrifice of more goals - that's the reality. Definitely I appreciate that and he realises this."

Adebayor, whose goal took Spurs past Inter Milan in the Europa League, will start Thursday night's quarter-final against FC Basel.

He had a half decent game tonight, I thought. Not brilliant, by any means. Hard to be brilliant when the team as a whole isn't playing well.

But he was certainly better than he has been of late.

Please, let this be the start of a strong finish to the season for him. He owes us that.

Back