• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

As much as I want us to sell Adebayor it is easier said than done. He is probably on about £100K a week and I doubt anyone else is going to be so stupid as to offer him that money. I guess that explains why no one else was ever in competition in signing him from City.

As much as I want us to sell Adebayor it is easier said than done. He is probably on about £100K a week and I doubt anyone else is going to be so stupid as to offer him that money. I guess that explains why no one else was ever in competition in signing him from City.

My understanding is that Ade is on £200k pw, and City are still paying half of that.

It means he'll be even harder to sell, as only about 4 clubs in the world (Real, City, Chelsea and PSG) who can afford his wages, and he's already played for half of them.

I think that two forwards are a must for us, regardless of whether we move Adebayor on or Defoe for that matter. Personally, I don't mind if Adebayor stays and we sign a couple of forwards but he really has to buck his ideas up over the summer.

Maybe Leandro will be one of them in the summer this time? I think options are available that we could attract, if the circumstances were right, to enhance our side and I think they are about domestically - Benteke, Michu, and Lukaku are certainly three that could improve us dramtically without breaking the bank but again it depends on the circumstances of all involved.

I guess it depends on what you call breaking the bank but...

Lukaku - Came in for about 18M? Looks like he will become one of the best strikers around, aged 19, world at his feet. Also plays for a club which we do not get on with in terms of transfer business. How much do you really think it would take for them to sell him to us? I'm pretty sure the amount would most certainly break the bank, if there even is an amount. And he didn't flourish under AVB before. No chance whatsoever, so many factors against us.

Benteke - Came in for 7m, he's not exactly flown under the radar during his time here, he'll certainly have plenty of potential suitors. If Villa go down I suppose he's a possibility but it'd be above 15m most definitely.

Michu - Came in for what, 2m? Maybe cheaper? I don't see him wanting to leave for another season, but if he does it'd be for big money and I think he'd be likely to move back to Spain, more likely to get in to the national team that way imo.

All three of these are people that we should have gone for and it's too late for all of them now imo. I'm worried we'll be talking about Wolfswinkel in the same way after the 6th season running watching the below par performances of our strikers

Lukaku - Came in for about 18M? Looks like he will become one of the best strikers around, aged 19, world at his feet. Also plays for a club which we do not get on with in terms of transfer business. How much do you really think it would take for them to sell him to us? I'm pretty sure the amount would most certainly break the bank, if there even is an amount. And he didn't flourish under AVB before. No chance whatsoever, so many factors against us.

Benteke - Came in for 7m, he's not exactly flown under the radar during his time here, he'll certainly have plenty of potential suitors. If Villa go down I suppose he's a possibility but it'd be above 15m most definitely.

Michu - Came in for what, 2m? Maybe cheaper? I don't see him wanting to leave for another season, but if he does it'd be for big money and I think he'd be likely to move back to Spain, more likely to get in to the national team that way imo.

All three of these are people that we should have gone for and it's too late for all of them now imo. I'm worried we'll be talking about Wolfswinkel in the same way after the 6th season running watching the below par performances of our strikers

This is why I have said depending on circumstances. it would need different situations to come together.

Benteke would probably go for about £11/12m if Villa go down. He could go for a similar amount if they stay up just depends how much he wants to move and whether he has any clauses no one knows about.

Michu would probably be the most difficult because there is simply no real reason to move but again I think that a club the size of Swansea would start thinking about accepting offers towards £15m.

Lukaku did cost alot to begin with but he is 2 years into that contract now - Also if they get rid of Torres to sign falcao then it is as you were really. He has to compete with Falcao and Ba for a place in the 11 when they play with one forward. He might well feel that he doesnt want to go out on loan for another year and Chelsea might feel he isn't near enough to the finished article to warrant prolonged playing time in their squad. Whilst he didn't get on well with AVB at Chelsea it is a different scenario now at a different club and I believe he has made comments that suggest he has dealt with what went on last season and moved on. As for Chelsea selling to us - They are so arrogant about their status that I believe they would sell to us believing that it wouldn't hamper them or have any impact on their ability to finish above us.

Different variables and factors have to come into play but they are possibilities that could happen and come together to enable us to sign one of those players without wrecking our wage structure or spunking untold amounts of transfer budget.

Last edited:
wouldn't be surprised to see us keep him and Defoe whilst adding a someone like Michu or Benteke

id almost guarantee he'll still be here next season - as has been discussed above - the wages he is getting now means there is no incentive for him to leave because that would entail a serious wage drop

Indeed, if someone mentions a striker we should buy someone else will say but he is not proven in this league. Ignoring the fact that by the time he is proven we will be priced out of the market

Let's be fair...yes, we need him in better form obviously, but the speed of delivery from the pirouette-meister and Jake wasn't exactly blinding was it...I think he could certainly do with being a bit more aware of his on/offside, but we didn't exactly play early balls or move the ball quickly last night.

I cannot believe you are still defending him. He has been brick all season with no end product

I cannot believe you are still defending him. He has been brick all season with no end product

This all day. how can you blame Livermore? He hasn't started in the EPL in weeks. I'm afraid we are stuck with him other than putting him on a free. Who would pay decent money for him now? And the wages demands? Signing Adebayor was a mistake from the start. Let's not forget his best season was twelve goals and four of those came from the penalty spot. Not quite of Bentley proportions, but his signing is up there.

wouldn't be surprised to see us keep him and Defoe whilst adding a someone like Michu or Benteke

id almost guarantee he'll still be here next season - as has been discussed above - the wages he is getting now means there is no incentive for him to leave because that would entail a serious wage drop

Benteke please.

The one small crumb of comfort I take from Ade this season is that he can only get better. He literal cannot get any worse.

This is why I have said depending on circumstances. it would need different situations to come together.

Benteke would probably go for about £11/12m if Villa go down. He could go for a similar amount if they stay up just depends how much he wants to move and whether he has any clauses no one knows about.

Michu would probably be the most difficult because there is simply no real reason to move but again I think that a club the size of Swansea would start thinking about accepting offers towards £15m.

Lukaku did cost alot to begin with but he is 2 years into that contract now - Also if they get rid of Torres to sign falcao then it is as you were really. He has to compete with Falcao and Ba for a place in the 11 when they play with one forward. He might well feel that he doesnt want to go out on loan for another year and Chelsea might feel he isn't near enough to the finished article to warrant prolonged playing time in their squad. Whilst he didn't get on well with AVB at Chelsea it is a different scenario now at a different club and I believe he has made comments that suggest he has dealt with what went on last season and moved on. As for Chelsea selling to us - They are so arrogant about their status that I believe they would sell to us believing that it wouldn't hamper them or have any impact on their ability to finish above us.

Different variables and factors have to come into play but they are possibilities that could happen and come together to enable us to sign one of those players without wrecking our wage structure or spunking untold amounts of transfer budget.

Im sorry

15m for Michu? The guy has proved it for 3/4 of a season and already a 13m increase on what he cost at the start of the season? What the fudge.

Benteke for 12m (Would be more maybe 15-20m) but also proved it (sparingly but admittedly for a brick Villa) for 3/4 of a season? What the fudge?

I think the Ade situation shows one thing - you dont buy a player based on one seasons set of performances. We have been bitten far more than its worth int he past with buying playing based on a seasons showing - Bentley being the prime example.

I agree about Lukaku although then again 3/4 season where he has proven it.

Maybe its about taking the risk on such players but the valuations seem ridiculous and I would be angry if we paid that much for those players you mentioned (Lukaku I wouldnt mind but thats cos I do like him as a player)

considering (imo) there's little chance of offloading him in the summer does anyone think a full summer here would get him back on track or are you all consigned to him being a lost cause?

Back