• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

He had a half decent game tonight, I thought. Not brilliant, by any means. Hard to be brilliant when the team as a whole isn't playing well.

But he was certainly better than he has been of late.

Please, let this be the start of a strong finish to the season for him. He owes us that.

He was woeful

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Fapatalk 2

We got to go all out for Michu in the summer. I didn't realise how physical and good in the air he is until our game recently.

not sure Levy will want to pay 20 mill for a player that was practically handed to him on a plate last summer for 2 mill

There was a wonderful moment last night, a few minutes in when Benny dinked the ball over their winger and Holtby put a pinpoint ball in to Ade up the field.

Ade started in front of his marker, perfectly positioned to take the ball down on his chest or head it back to Bale. Instead, Ade runs around the back of his marker and hides there allowing the defender to take a step forward and comfortably clear the ball.

I just don't know what goes through his head.

There was a wonderful moment last night, a few minutes in when Benny dinked the ball over their winger and Holtby put a pinpoint ball in to Ade up the field.

Ade started in front of his marker, perfectly positioned to take the ball down on his chest or head it back to Bale. Instead, Ade runs around the back of his marker and hides there allowing the defender to take a step forward and comfortably clear the ball.

I just don't know what goes through his head.

That sounds exactly like Darren Bent in our colours.

There is one difference between last season and this season - contract.

Its a human thing - human nature - when you have something to 'play' for you tend to work harder and put in all the hours you need including effort and endeavour. He is one of those, like millions of others out there, that needs to be constantly challenged and motivated in order to do something. The motivation? in his case essentially its money. As players will be guaranteed the money for the duration of the contract he is safe in the knowledge he will be picking up his cheque for the next X years. The last year of the ocntract he may perform again (if he stays that long)

or perhaps he's not getting the ball at the right time,he's missing and we are missing VDV, his passing or instinctive passing we've missed this year.....the goal Ade scored against fulham played through by VDV hasn't been there all season,agree he's had a few one on ones he's missed but he's working on scraps i believe. How many times does parker play like vinny sideways....dembele cut back on himself in the middle of the park even bale when comes in and takes on 5//6 players quite a few times,Ade never gets the ball till its too late in my opinion

Too me he looks like he's lost a few pounds and strength he had when he was at his prime at the goons also his hunger seems to be on the wane,to be honest we should have never been in a postion that we needed to buy him,we should have got another striker in june/july of last year but thats another story.

if he wants to turn up now,its sunday onwards if he wants too but at least play to his strengths.

Sometimes players fit into a team and they excel, they dont even have to be excellent, they just fit the system being played and it works.

Adebayor and Redknapp were like bread and butter, ice-cream and jelly. Adebayor simply lost his mojo when Harry left. It really is as simple as that.

not sure Levy will want to pay 20 mill for a player that was practically handed to him on a plate last summer for 2 mill

At £20m I dont think many people who (and setting aside my doubts that we would pay that much for anyone). More likely would be us going for someone like Lewandowski, who's still 24 and scored a ton of goals in the Bundeliga over 2 years, or Benteke who is a few years younger (23 vs Michu who is 27). Could do with the CL to attract the right man though....

I hope we stay well away from Michu.

He is living off of one good season. Just like Dempsey did last year. Michu has never been prolific, and i dont expect him to be next season.

And considering the fact that he plays in a possession team, his pass competition is absolutely woeful

one thing that surprises me we were tipped off for michu by gerry armstrong two years ago,knowing levy likes a bargain we could have had him for £3 million,but we were quite happy in paying £8million for siggy,£6 million for dempsey and so on and so on.

it seems if a player is offered for more than £5 million then he's a bargain and there is something about him. Saying that there many more michus out in spain if we open our eyes and be a bit more brave in buying them.

Michu was a good buy at the price then, he won't be at the price now. The only thing the game against us convinced me about Michu is that he's a bit of a c$&nt and if people complain about Bale going down too easy, Michu is an outright diver ..

Michu was a good buy at the price then, he won't be at the price now. The only thing the game against us convinced me about Michu is that he's a bit of a c$&nt and if people complain about Bale going down too easy, Michu is an outright diver ..

Agreed...and he's a one season wonder in the making IMHO.

Back