• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

he was the highest goal scorer from a midfield position when he was in Spain,none of them penalties when swansea bought him.

he will do well again next year,world cup year and all that.

Again, apologies, I was referring to the Prem. I think it's a different league myself. I absolutely could be wrong, but would still rather we didn't spend massive wonga on him.

Agreed...and he's a one season wonder in the making IMHO.

I think you may be right about that, before he came to England he had played mostly lower division football in Spain ( just one season in La Liga) and scored only 57 goals in 282 games

I think you may be right about that, before he came to England he had played mostly lower division football in Spain ( just one season in La Liga) and scored only 57 goals in 282 games

Maybe just maybe a player improves maybe something in them just clicks and they become comfortable and gain more confidence in their bodies to do the business on the pitch. Guess we can only sign players who are world class stars or average cloggers like dempsey rather then someone who might well be on an upward trajectory.

Not saying that if we signed michu he would be a success here because it seems to me a lot of his goals come from arriving in the box a little late, like siggy did for swansea. Although we play one upfront that would allow him to do this, i think at the moment bale is playing that role.

Maybe just maybe a player improves maybe something in them just clicks and they become comfortable and gain more confidence in their bodies to do the business on the pitch. Guess we can only sign players who are world class stars or average cloggers like dempsey rather then someone who might well be on an upward trajectory.

Not saying that if we signed michu he would be a success here because it seems to me a lot of his goals come from arriving in the box a little late, like siggy did for swansea. Although we play one upfront that would allow him to do this, i think at the moment bale is playing that role.

Maybe, but he is already 27 so i would imagine he will not improve that much. We will see what happens next season.As for Dempsey his goal record is 68 goals in 258 games in England so its actually better then Michu.

Last edited:
thats a no to benteke for me please. we had a player similar in contribution stats prior and i dont think our team was set up for him either

bent.

If its true arsenal are in for Dzeko then thats the guy we really want

thats a no to benteke for me please. we had a player similar in contribution stats prior and i dont think our team was set up for him either

bent.

If its true arsenal are in for Dzeko then thats the guy we really want

contribution stats? are Dzeko's any better?

contribution stats? are Dzeko's any better?
i made that word up....LOL. I just needed a word to show that key stats might be good but not necessarily good for the team and its style of play

so bent would score goal...lots of them, but i dont want him to be our main striker. cause we dont play to his strengths....i see benteke as a bruiser version of bent

i would think dzekos all round team contribution is significantly more than benteke , not to mention his skills sets.
Plus dzeko does come off the bench alot.

i would prefer dzeko easily

i made that word up....LOL. I just needed a word to show that key stats might be good but not necessarily good for the team and its style of play

so bent would score goal...lots of them, but i dont want him to be our main striker. cause we dont play to his strengths....i see benteke as a bruiser version of bent

i would think dzekos all round team contribution is significantly more than benteke , not to mention his skills sets.
Plus dzeko does come off the bench alot.

i would prefer dzeko easily

Then you do not watch much football, dzeko though a good player and one i like does not have more skill or hold up play then benteke, dzeko is like a klinsman pure scorer, benteke is much better at running the channels.

Then you do not watch much football, dzeko though a good player and one i like does not have more skill or hold up play then benteke, dzeko is like a klinsman pure scorer, benteke is much better at running the channels.

true i dont watch alot of football these days but i know a goal scoring bruiser when i see one, and benteke is that.

cant really say about the hold up play for sure but all i do know is that benteke plays with his back to goal more than dzeko but that doesnt mean that benteke's hold up play is better than dzeko's. besides the hold up play is just one aspect, and one that i know dzeko can and does do for city when he plays

am gonna put that back on you and say that if you think dzeko is just a pure scorer and if you think that benteke has better footballing skills like technique , touch, awareness , give and go, etc than Dzeko then i dont think you watch that much football either.

and benteke HAS to run the channels...he's the only guy up there up front in a team that plays a direct style of football over the course of the season.

Unless there's another Malaga out there looking to buy their way to the top I don't see Ade leaving this summer. We'll hopefully sign one more striker capable of the lone role and then we'll see if anyone bids for Defoe.

Unless there's another Malaga out there looking to buy their way to the top I don't see Ade leaving this summer. We'll hopefully sign one more striker capable of the lone role and then we'll see if anyone bids for Defoe.

Agree.

Although I think we might also sign a third (19-21 YO) relatively unknown lone striker for £2-3m from Portugual or Brazil.

His best game this season by far. Scored a goal and worked hard for most of the game. Hopefully this will be the Ade we will see for the rest of the season.

Ade has worked hard in previous games, but this was his most productive. I bet Avb put an arm round his shoulder today prior to the game ;)

Ade has worked hard in previous games, but this was his most productive. I bet Avb put an arm round his shoulder today prior to the game ;)

More like BAE had put an arm around him and told him he would score. Evident in his goal celebration when he ran to the Subs bench and shook benni's hand :lol:

Back