• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I was at the game last night. I watched him a few times just before our players attempted to play a through ball to him, he stood in offside positions and didn't even look so many times! That is what people mean when they call him lazy!

And btw, I'm not letting Defoe off the hook, he was just as bad.

We need two new strikers in the summer. Will we get them? Doubt it.

Agreed

What about the guy in France - Pierre Aubuyemeng (not sure how you spell it). I read he has 32 league goals this season and we looked at him last year.

What about the guy in France - Pierre Aubuyemeng (not sure how you spell it). I read he has 32 league goals this season and we looked at him last year.

He has 16. He's one of the most talented players in France but he said in the summer that he doesn't want to join us because we weren't doing things "officially".

If we do anything, I reckon we would sell Adebayor over Defoe. Then bring in the big name signing.

I can't see Defoe ever leaving tbh unless 'Arry comes in with QPR with a high offer that Levy just won't refuse. But Adebayor won't sit second fiddle, he has his contract, he probably won't even care sitting on the bench and collect his wages but he'd probably calm it in training and not give a fudge. I'd rather we sold Adebayor than Defoe if we was to get a top top striker in. Defoe strikes me as someone who will try and better himself and loves competition.

I agree

I think we will simply buy another striker of high, high quality if we get in the CL...one...I don't see us buying any players that are considered back-ups...just my opinion.

Whilst our focus should be on, and rightly so, first team players, our squad is actually pretty brick. We dont have back ups for Lennon or Bale and none really for Lloris (as the high line is not really suited at all to Brad). I also think a midfielder we need first team and also a back up but certainly a back up.

You do wonder how many more phoned-in performances he can get away with. Unfortunately for him, this reputation he has for delivering only when he's looking for the next contract is starting to look as though it might have some justification. I was in favour of our signing him on the permanent deal, but there was a voice in the back of my head whispering, "Beware of second season syndrome" at the same time.

Last edited:
If we do anything, I reckon we would sell Adebayor over Defoe. Then bring in the big name signing.

I can't see Defoe ever leaving tbh unless 'Arry comes in with QPR with a high offer that Levy just won't refuse. But Adebayor won't sit second fiddle, he has his contract, he probably won't even care sitting on the bench and collect his wages but he'd probably calm it in training and not give a fudge. I'd rather we sold Adebayor than Defoe if we was to get a top top striker in. Defoe strikes me as someone who will try and better himself and loves competition.

Beware Torres was a big name signing for Chelsea :lol:

Beware Torres was a big name signing for Chelsea :lol:

I believe Torres could have done an excellent job at Spurs, without the insane pressure and their disjointed team organization. Won't happen on this side of Jesus' second coming unfortunately.

Back