• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

gotta give it to the big guy. probably averted a meltdown on this forum.
right place, right time, and HUGE goal.

iAjbr7o2DxlWN.gif

It was indeed. Actually wish him or Defoe would gamble more often on the keeper parrying the ball.

I thought that Ade had a good game last night and apart from scoring the winning goal the stats show that he played 62 passes (3rd behind only Demebele and Parker) and completed 3 successful dribbles (only Dembele did more). Hopefully ending his barren run might see him return to the form of last season [-o<

Something changed in him after he scored and he started playing the way he did last season. First touch stuck, won a couple in the air, chased down with real pace, etc. I don't know how we keep him in this form but we need to do it somehow.

Something changed in him after he scored and he started playing the way he did last season. First touch stuck, won a couple in the air, chased down with real pace, etc. I don't know how we keep him in this form but we need to do it somehow.

he has always done that for us. Even last year.

Once he scores, he livens up.

It really does appear all psychological with Ade. Even after Bale scored at West Ham he suddenly started buzzing (probably huge relief after missing that sitter). I'm beginning to think that he doubts himself and is easily knocked into a negative thought pattern.
It's annoying for us because to look at his attributes, you know he has got it and you can see the monster player when he applies it, but there is a barrier there that is hard to pinpoint. I don't imo think he is lazy but we have to rely on AVB (as Steff said) to manage Ade in the best way possible as one thing Ade will do if marginalised , criticised , or wronged (in his eyes) is contribute nothing or worst still disrupt a happy squad.

It really does appear all psychological with Ade. Even after Bale scored at West Ham he suddenly started buzzing (probably huge relief after missing that sitter). I'm beginning to think that he doubts himself and is easily knocked into a negative thought pattern.
It's annoying for us because to look at his attributes, you know he has got it and you can see the monster player when he applies it, but there is a barrier there that is hard to pinpoint. I don't imo think he is lazy but we have to rely on AVB (as Steff said) to manage Ade in the best way possible as one thing Ade will do if marginalised , criticised , or wronged (in his eyes) is contribute nothing or worst still disrupt a happy squad.

Yes it must be a confidence thing. He used to play with a smile on his face and that is gone too. I guess he realises that he's having a poor season and that is adversely affecting his performances. The goal will do his confidence some good. Another one on Fulham and he'll be a changed man.

Yes it must be a confidence thing. He used to play with a smile on his face and that is gone too. I guess he realises that he's having a poor season and that is adversely affecting his performances. The goal will do his confidence some good. Another one on Fulham and he'll be a changed man.

Hopefully he'll start and be up for it against Fulham, and go on a run from there. The fans best be behind him, without him we wouldn't still be in Europe. And as said, it wasn't a horrendous performance last night, he did show glimpses of ability and a surprising change of pace a few times.

It is a shame that Adebayor doesn't seem to have more confidence in his abilities as he has all the physical attributes to be a world class striker but lacks that arrogant streak which the top goal scorers have. Hopefully AVB and his team can solve this psychological conundrum and get the best out of Ade like Redknapp did last season.

I was at the game last night. I watched him a few times just before our players attempted to play a through ball to him, he stood in offside positions and didn't even look so many times! That is what people mean when they call him lazy!

And btw, I'm not letting Defoe off the hook, he was just as bad.

We need two new strikers in the summer. Will we get them? Doubt it.

Unless it's an experienced striker or a younger whos on the fringes, I don't see how we could sign 2 strikers and keep both happy. Sure competition is good but we're not going to spend £20m on one and £10m on the other in my opinion. This is where Levy comes in to play too, I doubt he'd allow it.

Say someone like Jackson Martinez from Porto, he will cost around £20m.

Then who would the second be? a youngster with the potential, someone like Yaya Sanogo? or do we go for an old experienced head who can come in and do a job and has that experience in Champions League etc.

Unless it's an experienced striker or a younger whos on the fringes, I don't see how we could sign 2 strikers and keep both happy. Sure competition is good but we're not going to spend £20m on one and £10m on the other in my opinion. This is where Levy comes in to play too, I doubt he'd allow it.

Then who would the second be? a youngster with the potential, someone like Yaya Sanogo? or do we go for an old experienced head who can come in and do a job and has that experience in Champions League etc.

I would settle for buying 1 tbh. Don't even think that will happen. I bet we still go into next season with the same two.

I was at the game last night. I watched him a few times just before our players attempted to play a through ball to him, he stood in offside positions and didn't even look so many times! That is what people mean when they call him lazy!

And btw, I'm not letting Defoe off the hook, he was just as bad.

We need two new strikers in the summer. Will we get them? Doubt it.

Let's be fair...yes, we need him in better form obviously, but the speed of delivery from the pirouette-meister and Jake wasn't exactly blinding was it...I think he could certainly do with being a bit more aware of his on/offside, but we didn't exactly play early balls or move the ball quickly last night.

I think we will simply buy another striker of high, high quality if we get in the CL...one...I don't see us buying any players that are considered back-ups...just my opinion.

Let's be fair...yes, we need him in better form obviously, but the speed of delivery from the pirouette-meister and Jake wasn't exactly blinding was it...I think he could certainly do with being a bit more aware of his on/offside, but we didn't exactly play early balls or move the ball quickly last night.

I take your point about Parker. Last season, I believe he was one of our best players. But the game has moved on the last few years, and Parker hasn't sadly. You need to be good on the ball, especially in Europe.

Again, I know the service isn't great, but at least stand in an onside position. Not asking that much really is it? It's one thing timing the run poorly, it's another thing entirely just standing there, being given offside and shrugging your shoulders. He still doesn't look like scoring for the most part, and his impression of a brick wall is remarkable, the ball just bounces off him.

If we do anything, I reckon we would sell Adebayor over Defoe. Then bring in the big name signing.

I can't see Defoe ever leaving tbh unless 'Arry comes in with QPR with a high offer that Levy just won't refuse. But Adebayor won't sit second fiddle, he has his contract, he probably won't even care sitting on the bench and collect his wages but he'd probably calm it in training and not give a fudge. I'd rather we sold Adebayor than Defoe if we was to get a top top striker in. Defoe strikes me as someone who will try and better himself and loves competition.

I've said it before, Oscar Cardozo. Apparently we came close at some point, but he decided to stay for family reasons. With him we'd be 2nd, IMO.

Back