• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Barn door is deffo a touchy feely kinda lad. I think if his mental make up was stronger, he could be another drogba, tall, strong, quick, great eye for goal.

But he isn't, tho i do think avb is using him for his physical attributes and occupy the oppo's defence, which, with all due respect neither scara nor dhsf could do :p

How many golden chances has he had recently to score, in front of goal ? We don't have a lot of choice, so we make do with him what we can. Please GHod, make him score crucial goal(s) this run in.

Barn door is deffo a touchy feely kinda lad. I think if his mental make up was stronger, he could be another drogba, tall, strong, quick, great eye for goal.

But he isn't, tho i do think avb is using him for his physical attributes and occupy the oppo's defence, which, with all due respect neither scara nor dhsf could do :p

How many golden chances has he had recently to score, in front of goal ? We don't have a lot of choice, so we make do with him what we can. Please GHod, make him score crucial goal(s) this run in.

I'm quite serious that I could do the same good he's doing us.

These physical attributes you talk of are handy for winning the ball in the air and holding off defenders - he's not doing that anyway. I could fail at that just as well as him.

What he is doing well is pulling the defence around by making the correct runs at the correct time. Most fit people could do that with a little training.

I'm quite serious that I could do the same good he's doing us.

These physical attributes you talk of are handy for winning the ball in the air and holding off defenders - he's not doing that anyway. I could fail at that just as well as him.

What he is doing well is pulling the defence around by making the correct runs at the correct time. Most fit people could do that with a little training.

So your as a good as a premier league footballer, when is currently playing like brick?

The issue is he has other things he could do, that it is likely you cannot. If you could then you'd be playing for a top division club at the very least.

So your as a good as a premier league footballer, when is currently playing like brick?

The issue is he has other things he could do, that it is likely you cannot. If you could then you'd be playing for a top division club at the very least.

I agree completely. My point was that all the time he's failing to do those things, we shouldn't be giving him credit for the bits that anyone with half a brain can do (an admittedly rare quality in footballers).

Whilst I agree that Ade's role will naturally lead to fewer shots and less scoring/assisting, that's not what concerns me.

Does anyone on this forum (except you fatties) think that Ade's movement off the ball is something you couldn't do if required? I mean, how hard is it to see the space Bale wants and runs the other way?

If Spurs want someone to occupy a defender without touching the ball, get outmuscled by smaller players and trap a ball 15 yards then I'll do it. I'll charge a lot less than Ade too. And I won't fudge off mid-season to play properly for someone else either.

Whoa up, I'll swallow the fatty jibe but I don't believe for one second you earn less than Adebeyor, that's asking me to suspend disbelief one time to many.

Last edited:
I agree completely. My point was that all the time he's failing to do those things, we shouldn't be giving him credit for the bits that anyone with half a brain can do (an admittedly rare quality in footballers).

Sure, but then we shouldn't give credit to Parker for 'trying hard'..

I'd be perfectly fine with this if it was applied to everyone. Which it wouldn't be.

personally i think an adebayor-bale front two works, a defoe-bale front two won't... id be tempted to move bale back out left if defoe is first choice from here on out..

I've a gut feeling you are bang on here but its too early to judge tbh.

I don't see why a Bale-Defoe partnership couldn't work, it's not like Defoe is incapable of making runs and occupying defenders. He did it to perfection at Old Trafford for Bale's goal. Bale is basically given licence to go where he pleases, I don't see them getting in each other's way.

I don't think we can persist with Adebayor until the end of the season if he continues in this vein of form. Sooner or later, Bale will have a bad game and we will need the striker whoever it is to score.

Whilst I agree that Ade's role will naturally lead to fewer shots and less scoring/assisting, that's not what concerns me.

Does anyone on this forum (except you fatties) think that Ade's movement off the ball is something you couldn't do if required? I mean, how hard is it to see the space Bale wants and runs the other way?

If Spurs want someone to occupy a defender without touching the ball, get outmuscled by smaller players and trap a ball 15 yards then I'll do it. I'll charge a lot less than Ade too. And I won't fudge off mid-season to play properly for someone else either.

This fatty is about to school more whippersnappers in the art of deft movement and clinical finishing (well, one out of every five finishing!!!)... Pav couldn't do it. Kane obviously couldn't do it. Obika seems unable. Right now we're stuck with him on big money (it's why he wasn't the summers first choice and why rather than buy some glittery ragamuffin in Jan he decided to sav that money an add it to more this summer for quality - AVB does Prada not Primark at Harrods prices). So we're stuck with him. And as such, if AVB can get even this from him, keep Ade's mouth shut and potential negative influence running th dressing room AND we keep winning, then I will be delighted. This is proper management. Rather than banish him or marginalized a classy player, he is squeezing what he can from him. I don't disagree that 100-whatever K a week for a thinner Geoff Horsefield is a lot of money, but if we can at least get that until May, I'll take it!

I once spent an afternoon with SAF. He was excellent company BTW and bought all the drinks for a few hours. This was in 94. Paul Ince came up. I said I'd give him all my money for Mark Hughes to Spurs but that he could keep Ince. Having given me the hairy eye, he said "I'll take Incy all day for what he can do not what he can't." He then went on to say that sometimes with players in slumps, you have to squeeze what you can and not worry too much about what's not happening so long as the team I winning. Sage words...

I will say, however, that when he missed that sitter against Spam, I did scream very loud swear words...:-"

Its probably been said before so apologies for saying it again, but one of the main reasons Ade is not the goal and assist machine he was last year is that in his absence at the start of the season the team style has evolved from last year.

Last year at his best he was the focaal point of our attacking play with Bale and Lennie working the wings and Rafa floating about dropping lovely little balls into the big man.

Right now we have an 'on fire' Bale playing centrally, but more often than not he's looking to make that surging central run or shoot from another ridiculous distance. Lennie is cutting in more often this season rather than always trying to get to the byline as well. He just isn't getting the same service.

He's having to drop deep very deep to get involved at times. His hold up play has not been that great but he's spent so much time with his back to goal when he's played this year.

He just doesn't fit AVB's current style, whereas defoe who has that xtra pace and is more direct in style (and more selfish in shooting for goal) is better suited to the teams style at the moment. Unless he turns it around I can see a change in the summer unfortunately.

Sure, but then we shouldn't give credit to Parker for 'trying hard'..

I'd be perfectly fine with this if it was applied to everyone. Which it wouldn't be.

Agree again. There's no points for trying hard in my book - not without ability.

I'm happy to give Parker a lot of credit for his through ball at the weekend - I'd probably screw that up at least 9 times out of 10 if I tried it. Taking markers away from other players though? That's something we all learn at 15 years old.

This fatty is about to school more whippersnappers in the art of deft movement and clinical finishing (well, one out of every five finishing!!!)... Pav couldn't do it. Kane obviously couldn't do it. Obika seems unable. Right now we're stuck with him on big money (it's why he wasn't the summers first choice and why rather than buy some glittery ragamuffin in Jan he decided to sav that money an add it to more this summer for quality - AVB does Prada not Primark at Harrods prices). So we're stuck with him. And as such, if AVB can get even this from him, keep Ade's mouth shut and potential negative influence running th dressing room AND we keep winning, then I will be delighted. This is proper management. Rather than banish him or marginalized a classy player, he is squeezing what he can from him. I don't disagree that 100-whatever K a week for a thinner Geoff Horsefield is a lot of money, but if we can at least get that until May, I'll take it!

Agree with all of that.

If all we can get out of Ade at the moment is running then well done AVB for making do. My issue is that we're paying a lot of money for what is essentially a distraction tactic and not much else.

I should point out that I was in favour if signing Ade in the summer - I thought he'd turned a corner with us.

Are we all absolutely sure and 100% certain that it is Adebayor playing for us and not Shola Ameobi or Nile Ranger or someone?

Would Shola have done more for us this season than Ade?!

Are we all absolutely sure and 100% certain that it is Adebayor playing for us and not Shola Ameobi or Nile Ranger or someone?

Would Shola have done more for us this season than Ade?!

I'd take Shola Ama at the moment as an upgrade on Ade.

Presumably Freund knows this fella well

Jeffrey Schlupp: Man Utd to discuss deal for Leicester striker

Leicester City could be on the verge of agreeing to sell Jeffrey Schlupp to Manchester United, reports BBC Radio Leicester.
Schlupp, 20, has been on trial with the Old Trafford club for more a month and featured in two under-21 games against Liverpool and West Ham last week.
Jeffrey Schlupp
Schlupp scored a hat-trick on his Leicester debut when the Foxes beat Rotherham 4-1 in the League Cup in August 2011.

He represented Germany at Under-19 level but is a full Ghana international.

The 20-year-old came through the youth ranks with the Foxes but made his debut while on loan with Brentford in the 2010/11 season, where he scored six goals in ten games.

Schlupp signed a new contract with Leicester in February last year.

Schlupp thrilled with hat-trick
The Ghana international is mainly known as a striker, but has also played as a left-back for the Foxes this season.
"We'll be discussing this week what the next step is," boss Nigel Pearson said.
"As soon as we find that out we will let you know. He has done well."
German-born Schlupp has only started 12 games for the Foxes, having come through the club's youth set-up, but has made a further 23 substitute appearances and also had a loan spell with Brentford in 2011.
Former Leicester manager Sven-Goran Eriksson, who gave Schlupp his debut, told BBC Radio Leicester: "He's a very, very good football player with very good talent. I wanted to keep him.
"If he is ready for Manchester United, I do not know. It is a big thing for him but would be a big loss for Leicester if it happens."

gotta give it to the big guy. probably averted a meltdown on this forum.
right place, right time, and HUGE goal.

iAjbr7o2DxlWN.gif

Back