• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

What I was getting at is do you overlook the mistakes a player makes and a bad performance as long as we win?

Anyway, no more posts from me in this thread until 6pm Sunday, win, lose or draw. I hope he scores the winning goal and gets his confidence back. A lot of people in this thread have proclaimed that he will score on Sunday, don't see it happening, but I also believe that law of averages says he's got to score eventually.

No, you don't overlook the failure of defensive players if we win. You do overlook the failure of attacking players if we win though.

Last edited:
People sat around me actually cheered when the stretcher came on for him. The way he just stops caring in the second season for every club he has played for is baffling. I had hoped it would be different with us but obviously not. We looked so much more of a threat going forward when Defoe came on.

I really really want to be able to support him but he's making it difficult.

The horrific touch that led to him making a horrific tackle for his booking sums it up really. Reckless and offers no attacking threat whatsoever.

I have to point out (flame suit on) that his off-ball running for both goals contributed massively to the extra hesitation/space available to thread the pass...I do wish he'd put the sitters away.
Depressing that in the middle of a MASSIVE game, some people would fudging CHEER an injury to one of our players. I hope those heroes are happy with their '****ribution' to the proceedings...

I have to point out (flame suit on) that his off-ball running for both goals contributed massively to the extra hesitation/space available to thread the pass...I do wish he'd put the sitters away.
Depressing that in the middle of a MASSIVE game, some people would fudging CHEER an injury to one of our players. I hope those heroes are happy with their '****ribution' to the proceedings...

I was not at the game. BUT i thought the cheer was for Defoe warming up to come on not for Ade's Injury. Surely knowone cheers any players injury on their own side.

I was not at the game. BUT i thought the cheer was for Defoe warming up to come on not for Ade's Injury. Surely knowone cheers any players injury on their own side.

I absolutely hope you're right (I was also not there) and would be delighted to be wrong mate...thinking about it, you have to be right and I really have to be wrong. So apologies to all for the rant.

I certainly don't agree with cheering an injury for a Spurs player, no matter how much I mate not rate or even like a player.

You're right about his running for the goals, credit where it's due. See I can be balanced :)

However, Defoe looked sharp when he came on and Ade is running out of chances, he really needs to start producing better all round performances and more importantly, start scoring goals. It's funny how people say Adebayor isn't getting a lot of chances, it hasn't stopped Defoe getting double figures.

We would also be naive not to mention he was lucky not to get sent off in the first half AGAIN. That was a terrible challenge and if he had caught more of the player he would surely have been off.

I absolutely hope you're right (I was also not there) and would be delighted to be wrong mate...thinking about it, you have to be right and I really have to be wrong. So apologies to all for the rant.

It was cheering for Defoe but to be honest most of it was out of relief that we had a striker who would come on and do a lot more - and he did in terms of defending from the front, adding more danger and actually linked up play with Bale, Sig etc.

Yeah Ade's run for Bales goal was good and credit to him but thats the point - he can do it he has the ability - he just isnt putting in effort for even half the game. No one is doubting his ability.

I was at the game and you are right, the cheer was for Defoe coming on. Even the macaron who sits a few rows and never stops slagging off Ade was cheering Defoe.

Yeah Ade's run for Bales goal was good and credit to him but thats the point - he can do it he has the ability - he just isnt putting in effort for even half the game. No one is doubting his ability.

And therein lies the rub. He simply is not applying himself the way he can if he could only be bothered. Defoe is not even fully fit, well at the very least not match fit but there was a gulf between the performances of the two strikers

I don't think his crapness is anything to do with his attitude, I think he has just Torresized - I.E. Suddenly deteriorated into being a pub league player for reasons not known or fully understood.

It's gonna be very difficult to get shot of him in the Summer, might have to loan him out for the rest of his contract.

There's no way he'll be playing at Spurs next season.

I don't think his crapness is anything to do with his attitude, I think he has just Torresized - I.E. Suddenly deteriorated into being a pub league player for reasons not known or fully understood.

It's gonna be very difficult to get shot of him in the Summer, might have to loan him out for the rest of his contract.

There's no way he'll be playing at Spurs next season.

I kind of hope that QPR stay up.

They just might go for it.

Or he is a mediocre player who becomes a good player when super-confident, but doesnt have the ability to fall back on when he's not.

Is it just me that thinks he looks alot better when we've scored? As if he feels that he's missing out on something, or he's taken it as a sign that the opposition might let him score as well :-k

Back