• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

](*,) Yeah just ignore all the sitters he missed.

Haters? Nah, we're just not deluding ourselves.

If a goalie makes 4 howlers and concedes 4 goals but we win 5-4, does that mean he's had a good game?

To compare strikers and defenders/keepers like that is silly.

Strikers do fudge up regularly. Defenders/Keepers can't afford to do that.

Attacking players can, because what happens when they fudge up? They miss a chance. That's all.

Defenders/Keepers can't, because when they fudge up the opposition team tends to score.

If Bale has six clear chances to score, and he scores two of them leading to a 2-0 win, then has he had a good game?

The goalkeeper in your analogy and Bale in mine both have fudged up four times, they would be rated completely differently though.

Bale would get high ratings. The goalkeeper would not.

Last edited:
I love all our players. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than if Ade did not play against Arsenal and Defoe scored a hat trick and we won.
But in my genuine opinion Ade is a cracking player who I enjoy watching more than I enjoy watching Defoe and I genuinely believe helps the team.
No muggy bumps off the arse assists like Crouch but good play, good football.
Our last games have been against PTB teams. When we play the top teams we will see the real Ade, starting on Sunday. That is all.

David Cameron quote....Hug a Hoody

Spurs fan quote ........Hug a devoid of confidence togolese striker.....

if someone could abbreviate that it might sound better.

I don't think he is out of confidence. I think he had a straining tournament where he was more than just a footballer..he was the representative of a nation. Maybe that tournament and what it meant to Togo meant more to him than playing for us.
I don't know. The past is over..and the past was pretty good as far as Spurs and Ade are concerned.
The future will be better.

I don't think he is out of confidence. I think he had a straining tournament where he was more than just a footballer..he was the representative of a nation. Maybe that tournament and what it meant to Togo meant more to him than playing for us.
I don't know. The past is over..and the past was pretty good as far as Spurs and Ade are concerned.
The future will be better.

Thats a really good point - and I hope your right.

when I watched him sunday he just looked like a rabbit caught in headlights - mind you if he had started smiling after that miss then we would be in uproar...... he is an upgrade on Peter .... Crouch a much better footballer I agree. what do you think to what Bale had to say after the game saying ade missed an easy one....that must rankle with him - why has Avb been quoted as saying there trying to unlock Adebayor's talents.....if it isnt confidence in his own ability is it just down to his attitude????????

Heres hoping the future will be better.....starting sunday please.......

](*,) Yeah just ignore all the sitters he missed.

Haters? Nah, we're just not deluding ourselves.

If a goalie makes 4 howlers and concedes 4 goals but we win 5-4, does that mean he's had a good game?

I think you should be keenly aware that whilst you bang your head against a wall at people who don't slate the guy for the chances he's missed/goals he's not scoring, the same ](*,) could easily apply to your good self for not even remotely acknowledging the fact that he is playing a different role right now. Again mate, there are no rights and wrongs with regards to his overall contribution, only opinions. And everyone has made good points. From all perspectives. You make great point with regards to how we should be expecting him to convert a higher % of chances, others make great points when they speak of his hard work.

@Naija...AVB does not leave him on the bench very often when he's fit. When Defoe was fit, he tried to find a way to play the pair of them, with Ade again being the 'supporting cast' to JD. This particular matter isn't really about opinion, it's currently fact. When we have a fully-fit, match-fit JD, then we'll see what AVB decides to do...I suspect he will still try and squeeze some wine out of Ade's water!

Ade comes across as someone who will do something good and then be like i've done my job, that's it.

for example, his pass against West Ham with the outside of his boot, CLASS, but after that I feel he may be a bit "What a pass, they'll remember that, dont try as hard" same with the Lyon game after that immense pass for Bale etc.

Like last season, at times he wouldn't do much, then he'd score and burst into life and do more.

Ade comes across as someone who will do something good and then be like i've done my job, that's it.

for example, his pass against West Ham with the outside of his boot, CLASS, but after that I feel he may be a bit "What a pass, they'll remember that, dont try as hard" same with the Lyon game after that immense pass for Bale etc.

Like last season, at times he wouldn't do much, then he'd score and burst into life and do more.

=D>

Dreamt last night that Adebayor was sent off against Arsenal after receiving 2 yellow cards. His second booking was for a slide tackle challenge, really hope that doesn't happen or that could spell the end for him at this club.

He will torment Arsenal with a performance that will evoke memories of Pele and Maradona at their lacerating best.

He will give the red scum a beating that will haunt them forever.

HE IS BAD ADE.

TAKE IT ON.

[video=youtube;_-G7ztyfKbQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-G7ztyfKbQ[/video]

He will torment Arsenal with a performance that will evoke memories of Pele and Maradona at their lacerating best.

He will give the red scum a beating that will haunt them forever.

HE IS BAD ADE.

TAKE IT ON.

[video=youtube;_-G7ztyfKbQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-G7ztyfKbQ[/video]

Clearly CGI - he trapped a ball ;)

To compare strikers and defenders/keepers like that is silly.

Strikers do fudge up regularly. Defenders/Keepers can't afford to do that.

Attacking players can, because what happens when they fudge up? They miss a chance. That's all.

Defenders/Keepers can't, because when they fudge up the opposition team tends to score.

If Bale has six clear chances to score, and he scores two of them leading to a 2-0 win, then has he had a good game?

The goalkeeper in your analogy and Bale in mine both have fudged up four times, they would be rated completely differently though.

Bale would get high ratings. The goalkeeper would not.

What I was getting at is do you overlook the mistakes a player makes and a bad performance as long as we win?

Anyway, no more posts from me in this thread until 6pm Sunday, win, lose or draw. I hope he scores the winning goal and gets his confidence back. A lot of people in this thread have proclaimed that he will score on Sunday, don't see it happening, but I also believe that law of averages says he's got to score eventually.

This.

If he cant put in a peformance against Arsenal, he never will

I have a terrible feeling about Sunday, but the only thing that I'm sure of is that he'll be up for it. At his best Adebayor is absolutely unplayable, one of the best strikers in the world. It's a rare sight but if he is at even 90% against the scum we will take them apart.

I think all the players have contributed something under AVB, except Adebayor. I think he is the only player AVB will consider selling at the end of the season.
Adebayor only performs when he has something to prove or is under pressure. He did well last season as he was still on loan and wanted to fight for a permanent deal. Once he signed permanently, he has nothing to fight for. With Defoe probably back against Arsenal, wonder if Adebayor will try to fight for his place again.

Back