• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Our team play has looked better with Defoe than Ade. Ade doesn't seem to have gelled at all with the new boys, or AVB's system of play.

In your opinion.
Also note that Ade has been playing in a Sandro-less team. JD has yet to play regularly without The Beast behind him...

Im reckoning on him having a stormer on sunday, he defo has something to prove and owes the club a big performance

First, I appreciate reading your posts for one, you put a lot of time and effort in.

So to Ade, I think this has gotten a bit off course. I see your point that if he wasn't on the pitch and closing the defender down chances are the goal may not have came, however my point is MOST strikers would be doing the exact same thing. It isn't as if Ade did something extraordinary it was more of a case of West Ham defender (Collins I believe fudging up). More importantly the fact we are even having this conversation in itself shows what little Ade is actually giving us at the moment.

We shouldn't be talking about Ade making necesarry runs and closing down defenders to validate he is coming into decent form we should be talking about him finishing things off, or providing the vital flick on, through ball etc..

Ade was exceptional for us last year and I was ecstatic we made the deal permanent but I just don't have enough rose tint in my glasses to say he has had anything but a nightmare of a season. I am not just talking about his goal production either but personally think his overall play has been pretty poor. Some games he doesn't seem bothered at all and also has gotten into the habit (broken somewhat recently) of every time he got the ball he would take it on a walk about back wide to the half way line. It was/is frustratint to watch that imo is not good hold up play the defenders are glad to usher you there out of danger.

In closing, I am well aware if we want to finish in the top 4 we will need Ade and nobody is pulling for him more than me but some peoples views about his performances so far this season in this thread are madness

First off, totally agree re: Fuego's long and detailed posts. Great efforts and appreciated. Nicely acknowledged mate...I understand the frustration of what Ade is doing versus what he is capable of, but I genuinely believe that AVB is currently utilizing him in a the most effective way he can. Rather than continuing to pin a style and formation around a player who's goalscoring confidence is quite obviously shot, he is instead working the team to take advantage of the current scoring Spur in wonder-form. Good for him! That's smart! Finally, yes, I agree, we will need him and as long as the manager keeps on getting results with him in the side and working defenders via his 6ft 2" frame, if that's the most we can get for our 100k a week but the TEAM keeps winning, I'm cool with it personally!

First off, totally agree re: Fuego's long and detailed posts. Great efforts and appreciated. Nicely acknowledged mate...I understand the frustration of what Ade is doing versus what he is capable of, but I genuinely believe that AVB is currently utilizing him in a the most effective way he can. Rather than continuing to pin a style and formation around a player who's goalscoring confidence is quite obviously shot, he is instead working the team to take advantage of the current scoring Spur in wonder-form. Good for him! That's smart! Finally, yes, I agree, we will need him and as long as the manager keeps on getting results with him in the side and working defenders via his 6ft 2" frame, if that's the most we can get for our 100k a week but the TEAM keeps winning, I'm cool with it personally!

Well said mate, and honestly I think we get lost in these debates sometimes. At the end of the day we want all of our players to be playing on top form. If you are personally rooting for one of our players to perform poorly for whatever reason you seriously cannot be considered a THFC supporter. If Ade doesn't score the rest of the season and we finish 3rd I won't care in the slightest!

Well said mate, and honestly I think we get lost in these debates sometimes. At the end of the day we want all of our players to be playing on top form. If you are personally rooting for one of our players to perform poorly for whatever reason you seriously cannot be considered a THFC supporter. If Ade doesn't score the rest of the season and we finish 3rd I won't care in the slightest!

Have you considered the fact that maybe it is not a case of people rooting for our players to perform poorly but are simply frustrated when they feel a person is playing badly for what they feel is an extended period of time?

First, I appreciate reading your posts for one, you put a lot of time and effort in.

So to Ade, I think this has gotten a bit off course. I see your point that if he wasn't on the pitch and closing the defender down chances are the goal may not have came, however my point is MOST strikers would be doing the exact same thing. It isn't as if Ade did something extraordinary it was more of a case of West Ham defender (Collins I believe fudging up). More importantly the fact we are even having this conversation in itself shows what little Ade is actually giving us at the moment.

We shouldn't be talking about Ade making necesarry runs and closing down defenders to validate he is coming into decent form we should be talking about him finishing things off, or providing the vital flick on, through ball etc..

Ade was exceptional for us last year and I was ecstatic we made the deal permanent but I just don't have enough rose tint in my glasses to say he has had anything but a nightmare of a season. I am not just talking about his goal production either but personally think his overall play has been pretty poor. Some games he doesn't seem bothered at all and also has gotten into the habit (broken somewhat recently) of every time he got the ball he would take it on a walk about back wide to the half way line. It was/is frustratint to watch that imo is not good hold up play the defenders are glad to usher you there out of danger.

In closing, I am well aware if we want to finish in the top 4 we will need Ade and nobody is pulling for him more than me but some peoples views about his performances so far this season in this thread are madness

Well said.

I liken this situation to that of Eboue when he became a target for the boo boys at Arsenal. He then became a cult hero to their fans. I get that some fans want to come on here and defend him, especially when people like me are slating him. Some people think he has a terrible season, not saying everyone has to agree, but I really can't understand why some people won't even admit that he's playing badly. Trying to rationalise his performances, crediting him with assists that they wouldn't need to credit him for if he was actually playing well, scoring goals and providing real assists, not made up ones.

^ who, specifically, is saying he isn't playing badly?

note there's a difference between playing badly and not putting in any effort, which is as far as i can tell is the whole sticking point of this argument - some saying he isn't putting any effort in and he is lazy and without goals and assists he offers nothing to the team, whilst others defending the accusation that he offers nothing and is lazy - don't think that particularly means anyone thinks he is playing well

Now the haters say we should replace 1 goal this year Ade (also scored for Togo) with no goals this year Defoe.
Simple questions-would Caulker have had those 3 great attempts at goal if JD had played and would he have headed clearances from corners like Ade?
Fact is we create more chances with Ade than without him and we score more goals with him than without him.
Fact is in our last 2 games he has helped our defence in the last minutes by his great ability to retain possession unlike JD.

Now the haters say we should replace 1 goal this year Ade (also scored for Togo) with no goals this year Defoe. Simple questions-would Caulker have had those 3 great attempts at goal if JD had played and would he have headed clearances from corners like Ade?Fact is we create more chances with Ade than without him and we score more goals with him than without him.
Fact is in our last 2 games he has helped our defence in the last minutes by his great ability to retain possession unlike JD.

:eek::-k
1) How long has JD been injured for? get a grip.
2) JD would have scored.
3) Fact, fact, fact. I have another word - gonad*s.

^ who, specifically, is saying he isn't playing badly?

note there's a difference between playing badly and not putting in any effort, which is as far as i can tell is the whole sticking point of this argument - some saying he isn't putting any effort in and he is lazy and without goals and assists he offers nothing to the team, whilst others defending the accusation that he offers nothing and is lazy - don't think that particularly means anyone thinks he is playing well

Didn't want to name names, but only me for one seems to deny Adebayor has played badly this season.

I don't agree his work rate is the whole sticking point. I believe he has worked hard in the last few games, bar not running in to follow up Bale's free kick against Lyon which at least 4 Spurs players did. He isn't offering goals or assists as you mentioned, but he isn't creating chances for others except for the Lyon 2nd leg.

Until Defoe comes back, we have no choice but to persist with him. Not in favour of playing Dempsey up top as he's not a striker. But if Defoe comes back and Ade is still mired in this kind of form, then Defoe should be given the opportunity to start when he regains his match fitness.

People said Defoe wouldn't be able to play up front on his own this season, but I think he's proved some of his doubters wrong, me included.

Last edited:
Now the haters say we should replace 1 goal this year Ade (also scored for Togo) with no goals this year Defoe.
Simple questions-would Caulker have had those 3 great attempts at goal if JD had played and would he have headed clearances from corners like Ade?
Fact is we create more chances with Ade than without him and we score more goals with him than without him.

No, were saying we should replace 3 goal Ade with 14 goal Defoe when he returns to full fitness. You do realise Defoe has been injured since the beginning of the month? Kind of explains his lack of goals and appearances. Ade has had no competition for his place for the last 4 games and he still hasn't managed to produce.

I don't get why Caulker wouldn't have got those chances if Defoe had played. The chances were from set pieces.

I don't see why his goals for Togo matter for Spurs.

:eek::-k
1) How long has JD been injured for? get a grip.
2) JD would have scored.
3) Fact, fact, fact. I have another word - gonad*s.

You fell in the trap. Ade has been at the ACN and you haters always quote Ade's season stats when he has been injured for most of it.
Defoe would have headed 3 goals? I think not.
And the gonad*s was not needed.

You fell in the trap. Ade has been at the ACN and you haters always quote Ade's season stats when he has been injured for most of it.
Defoe would have headed 3 goals? I think not.
And the gonad*s was not needed.

He's still managed 24 appearances. Do you not agree 3 goals in 24 is extremely poor for a striker playing for a team that's 3rd?

He's still managed 24 appearances. Do you not agree 3 goals in 24 is extremely poor for a striker playing for a team that's 3rd?

Let's examine his contribution to team success in the last 8 weeks or so:

Swansea (h) WON 1-0
Stoke (h) DREW
Villa (a) WON 4-0
Sunderland (a) WON 2-1
Reading (h) Scored a goal, good overall play WON 3-1
Coventry (h) WON 3-0
QPR (a) DREW
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h) WON 2-1
Lyon (h) WON 2-1
Lyon (a) DREW
West Ham (a) WON 3-2

We score 3 AGAIN while Ade plays.

Let's examine the results while Ade was in Africa

DREW 1-1 UNITED
LOST 1-2 LEEDS
DREW 1-1 NORWICH
WON 1-0 WBA

One day the penny will drop with you haters.

Are we really doing this argument again?
Please stop =;

Its a pretty stupid argument. Its already been said that the players are winning in spite of Ade.

Let's examine his contribution to team success in the last 8 weeks or so:

Swansea (h) WON 1-0
Stoke (h) DREW
Villa (a) WON 4-0
Sunderland (a) WON 2-1
Reading (h) Scored a goal, good overall play WON 3-1
Coventry (h) WON 3-0
QPR (a) DREW
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h) WON 2-1
Lyon (h) WON 2-1
Lyon (a) DREW
West Ham (a) WON 3-2

We score 3 AGAIN while Ade plays.

Let's examine the results while Ade was in Africa

DREW 1-1 UNITED
LOST 1-2 LEEDS
DREW 1-1 NORWICH
WON 1-0 WBA

One day the penny will drop with you haters.

](*,) Yeah just ignore all the sitters he missed.

Haters? Nah, we're just not deluding ourselves.

If a goalie makes 4 howlers and concedes 4 goals but we win 5-4, does that mean he's had a good game?

Last edited:
How to solve a problem like adebayor....... I watched him very closely against west ham - I see a player unsure of himself and devoid of confidence - what worried me is how collins dominated him and beat him for headers all the time - we know about that miss. I think the only time he did something great in that game was in the second half when he played a lovely pass to the left flank with the outside of his foot. his fire has gone at the moment I would rather have benteke who bullies defenders and lets them know there in a game.......that does not mean I think benteke is a better player than ade..

football as in life is all about attitude and desire - I dont hate the guy and believe me nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing him on his game on sunday..... he will play on sunday as defoe aint ready I dont think. so if your going to whl then show him some love on sunday.

Back