• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dominic Solanke

I think those stats are a little misleading though, as he played a lot of minutes. Here’s those same stats per 90 mins, vs other PL forwards last season:

View attachment 17484

Still decent, especially playing for Bournemouth. But not as outstanding as that tweet makes things seem.

(Of course it’s separately a good thing that he was fit enough to play so many minutes!)

Yes true, I didn't factor that in, puts a different slant on it

I imagine the add on’s will be doable but it will be something that makes the club money. Champions league qualification, score x amount of goals, make x amount of appearances, win the F.A cup etc. if we qualify for the Champions League and win a Cup, the rewards from that will pay off the rest of his add on’s.

I imagine the add on’s will be doable but it will be something that makes the club money. Champions league qualification, score x amount of goals, make x amount of appearances, win the F.A cup etc. if we qualify for the Champions League and win a Cup, the rewards from that will pay off the rest of his add on’s.

If you were a chairman of the club selling to Spurs, would you really entertain the idea of only receiving certain parts of the transfer fee based on the condition of Spurs winning a trophy? Not sure if in that situation you'd be up for that way of structuring the deal. No doubt there'll be clauses based on appearances and goals but think the cup thing is a bit farfetched unless it's for a fairly insignificant amount of money.

Either way though I am all behind this deal having had a bit of time to think about it . Richy just isn't available consistently (having missed the pre season despite not playing over the summer) and Son doesn't really strike fear in to CBs as a CF especially against low blocks so we have seemingly got ourselves a reliable option who fits our system. It's a bit of a shame we couldn't have got it done a little while back but Ange doesn't seem to mind players being integrated quickly..

FOOTBALL FANS IN DISCUSSION ON FORUM SHOCK!
That spurspinter is a wind up merchant attention seeker who has no interest in discussion just wants to moan and criticise others to make himself feel superior when it is very clear he has issues.

As you say, this is a discussion board and people have discussions, shock horror.

You know why I don't go in the itk thread, because its flimflam. If I went in there and started moaning about it I would be a bit weird.

And there were people on here telling me that Lankshear could be the backup CF. Yes we have some very talented youngsters with next to no competitive experience between them. Some getting carried away after a couple of pre season friendlies, Moore will be the only one who will be getting first team game time this season....

I doubt he would have been the back up. Looks like Kulusevski would have been that player, with Lankshear as the 3rd choice (or lower if you want to include Son and/or Werner)

That spurspinter is a wind up merchant attention seeker who has no interest in discussion just wants to moan and criticise others to make himself feel superior when it is very clear he has issues.

As you say, this is a discussion board and people have discussions, shock horror.

You know why I don't go in the itk thread, because its flimflam. If I went in there and started moaning about it I would be a bit weird.

Too many postings are statements and are repeated that's not a discussion. I think it's fair to say we would all like to see our transfer business completed before pre season training, there are many reason this doesn't happen, none of which we know yet everyday there are numerous postings saying it. I expect to see more today.

I reckon we'll see something like 'we got a huge bid and it's a move Dominic was desperate to make so we reluctantly agreed.' It'd be nice to wrap it up over the weekend and then move on to one last big deal (Eze or Doue)

Looks like its happening, said elswhere he would not be my first choice but if/when it happens i hope he goes on and does very well for us. Seems like we are going to keep Richie as well so that is good news.

It was always unlikely to happen but my first choice [ HOPE] would have been Isak. When Solanke was first linked to us it was rumored that Richie may/would be sold and that Solanke would be his replacement and imo Solanke would not be good enough [imo] but it seems now that we will have them both so it could work out well.
Isak is £120m plus
That was never happening but he would be outstanding for sure

Isak is £120m plus
That was never happening but he would be outstanding for sure

As i said it was unlikely, no one is worth that type of money however he imo is the best striker around at this time. As i said i was not impressed when i first heard about our interest in Solanke but if/when we sign him he will have my full support like all our players.

It’s not getting carried away with pre season
If we did that some senior players need to leave
It’s more that the guy has shown in his very small sample playing against men he has no worries delivering and doing the job
That’s rare for a young player
I would always tend to mostly ignore friendly games when assessing something like that. The 'men' he is playing against would typically be playing with very little physicality in friendly games.

It was always unlikely to happen but my first choice [ HOPE] would have been Isak. When Solanke was first linked to us it was rumored that Richie may/would be sold and that Solanke would be his replacement and imo Solanke would not be good enough [imo] but it seems now that we will have them both so it could work out well.

I think that's my "ok" with Solanke, it's him +Richi +Son, gives us options

Be interesting to see if chasing a game would we play all 3 at same time?

I think that's my "ok" with Solanke, it's him +Richi +Son, gives us options

Be interesting to see if chasing a game would we play all 3 at same time?

Would be interesting for sure :),as you say we have missed options really for the striker role and lets hope now we seem to have a choice that we can start winning more games.

I think the price is a bit high for him given his credentials but it's fine if he works out. I'm not sure what I really think of him in terms of current quality having not really paid too much attention to Bournemouth last season, but I did rate him as a youngster with really good potential. Here's hoping he's come of age and settle into that kind of player. At worst he gives us another option beyond Richy which was one I was never convinced of.

Back