• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dominic Solanke

He scored 11 in 12 didnt he before getting injured?
And your judging Ange on the basis of a pusher we might sign? That’s odd
I’d say his ability to judge a player is far greater than the average fan on a forum. It’s his living and he has managed to get to the very top at it despite starting in a country where the game is so far behind many other sports

Yes he went on a hot steak for a number of games. You’re making it sound like he scored a goal a game for the entire season. I’m saying the jury is out on Ange’s ability to judge a player and I don’t think that’s an unfair assessment given where he has managed in his career so far.

Yes he went on a hot steak for a number of games. You’re making it sound like he scored a goal a game for the entire season. I’m saying the jury is out on Ange’s ability to judge a player and I don’t think that’s an unfair assessment given where he has managed in his career so far.
No
I’m saying that when he was fit he was scoring on average a gaol a game
That’s literally what I said either side of that period he was injured …. Again. That’s the recurring theme. We have seen him play as striker once in his whole time here where he has been fit. Once. That has to change

I genuinely don’t see how you can even discuss how a manager can judge a player . I think that’s daft
Because they haven’t managed Barcelona they can’t know that Messi is a tidy player

No
I’m saying that when he was fit he was scoring on average a gaol a game
That’s literally what I said either side of that period he was injured …. Again. That’s the recurring theme. We have seen him play as striker once in his whole time here where he has been fit. Once. That has to change

I genuinely don’t see how you can even discuss how a manager can judge a player . I think that’s daft
Because they haven’t managed Barcelona they can’t know that Messi is a tidy player

A goal a game for 10 games or so is not the same as doing it over the course of a season. I’m sure Defoe, Son etc have been on similar runs during their time here. I don’t think you’re understanding what I’m saying, Ange hasn’t managed top players before. I’m not saying he can’t spot talent but it’s very much still a jump ball at this stage.

A goal a game for 10 games or so is not the same as doing it over the course of a season. I’m sure Defoe, Son etc have been on similar runs during their time here. I don’t think you’re understanding what I’m saying, Ange hasn’t managed top players before. I’m not saying he can’t spot talent but it’s very much still a jump ball at this stage.
You can’t manager top players until or unless you get them
But you can judge a player and make him work for you and improve him ..l that’s his job. That’s not a jump. He has spotted players in a lower league and brought them into his club, likely with a scout and other people involved. And made them better, that’s how his career has progressed

And Ive never said richy would do it over a season ..I’ve literally said that when he has been fit he as scored a goal a game almost, that’s a fact. Would he do it over a season… possibly if he could stay fit. We create so many chances for a Cf who stays in the box. Whoever starts for us as CF next season will end up with a lot more goals if they do the simple stuff

It's not anges job to scout talent. He's said how it works.

He'll identify areas of the team he needs improving and what type of player he wants.

The scouting department find ones that meet the requirements.

He'll go through and pick which ones he thinks will be good.

We try and sign them.

You can’t manager top players until or unless you get them
But you can judge a player and make him work for you and improve him ..l that’s his job. That’s not a jump. He has spotted players in a lower league and brought them into his club, likely with a scout and other people involved. And made them better, that’s how his career has progressed

And Ive never said richy would do it over a season ..I’ve literally said that when he has been fit he as scored a goal a game almost, that’s a fact. Would he do it over a season… possibly if he could stay fit. We create so many chances for a Cf who stays in the box. Whoever starts for us as CF next season will end up with a lot more goals if they do the simple stuff

I think if we were as good as you rated us we would be champions of England most seasons. We’ll see how he gets on next season if he can stay fit.

Definitely an "in Ange we trust" one for me this. Solanke is far from proven in the prem, he's had one good season and now is worth 65m - that's just 20m less than we got for the greatest striker the club has ever had and the record England goal scorer. While that should not be the benchmark it absolutely will be to the generalist fan.

I wish him well, we are light there and if it was a choice between Solanke and one of Scarlett/lankshear/etc then there's no contest. He needs to improve on his overall contribution across all 130 odd games in the flop flight to be a success.

I think if we were as good as you rated us we would be champions of England most seasons. We’ll see how he gets on next season if he can stay fit.
I have no idea where your getting that from
But we create loads of chances
That’s the system and the way we play
A decent Cf who stays fit and plays central will bag a huge amount of goals
It won’t make us champions because other teams have better squads having spent more money over time. That’s the game now… you need money and time and the fans need to help with the latter

Think championship would do him more good, less pressure more likelihood of him getting games.

Bournemouth have a lot of money to much, to go out and buy a striker.

Obviously if they buy a striker it would be a bad move. But if they wanted him on loan his competition would be unal and jebbison.

He's going to have to deal with pressure wherever he goes. That's what he needs to learn to deal with.

I think “every game is a stretch”. He was on a hot streak but you’re acting like he was scoring every game like Messi. As @Bishop alluded to, Ange hasn’t ever managed world class players so whilst I’m still all in on Ange, his ability to discern a top player from an average-ok player is still very much open to debate. Hence being interested in players like Connor Gallagher.

This is a such an odd post. Ange has to prove “his ability to discern a top player from an average-ok player?”

Are you just negative on everything single possible thing? Here you are throwing in a dig at the manager, whilst also reminding us that you don't rate Richarlison or Solanke. Literally not sure if I’ve ever seen you praise or be positive about the club or it’s players.

Last edited:
I'll be honest with you all .. I think our naive defence play will be our downfall this season ... post man pat needs to address this ASAP.

Not really, just like the striker situation, you actually have to judge the team on results when players were fit

- Spurs conceded 61 goals in 38 games for full season ~1.6/game
- Spurs with Porro/Romero/VDV/Udogie on the pitch ~1.1/game .. it's a significant difference

Hence the buys like Dragusin/Solanke matter, just having depth will make a difference

not sure if solanke will be our best striker in history, but I believe he will be better than Richy immediately.
Better hold up play, stays on his feet longer and more mobile...I think it translates into better possession in the final third, less turnovers for the team and more goals and assists for him.

This is a such an odd post. Ange has to prove “his ability to discern a top player from an average-ok player?”

Sorry I need to add to this. The idea of a bloke on a football forum saying a Premier League manager's ability to identify talent is up for debate, and then giving their own opinion on a player is truly hilarious. What credentials do you have to make you able to identify a player better than Ange, @Jurgen the German?

Solanke is the kind of player that does nothing when he's in my fantasy team, but when I take him out he's on fire.

I guess I'll just leave him out of my team selection this season and hope for the latter.

Back