• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dominic Solanke

Apparently he missed their last friendly with an injury, so if we even got this over the line in the next few days, will he be fit for opening day...
It was a stamp on his toe apparently so they didn't bother risking him for a friendly. Would probably have played if it was a compettitive game accordin to their manager.

Lankshear definitely needs to go on loan now.
And there were people on here telling me that Lankshear could be the backup CF. Yes we have some very talented youngsters with next to no competitive experience between them. Some getting carried away after a couple of pre season friendlies, Moore will be the only one who will be getting first team game time this season....

And there were people on here telling me that Lankshear could be the backup CF. Yes we have some very talented youngsters with next to no competitive experience between them. Some getting carried away after a couple of pre season friendlies, Moore will be the only one who will be getting first team game time this season....

Not just a couple of preseason friendlies. He was pl2 player of the season and got 32 goals. He needs game time at senior level now. Won't really get it with us this season if richarlison stays. So needs a loan.

Was thinking that about the injury but it's us so I just assumed we wouldn't have Richy and a potential 50m+ new striker available come opening day ha.

And that's probably the right approach.
If we have Solanke and Richy who can both be available to be heavy pressers high up the pitch throughout the game then that'll serve us well with European games to contend with this season.

Donley (at LB), Gray and Bergvall will too.

The one who is a bit borderline is Devine, as he's probably 4th choice for that ACM spot after Maddison, Kulu and Bergvall.

It’s not getting carried away with pre season
If we did that some senior players need to leave
It’s more that the guy has shown in his very small sample playing against men he has no worries delivering and doing the job
That’s rare for a young player

Oh. I posted the video in direct response to you saying that his character was NOT the determiner of whether he's the right player for us.
You can say what you want but currently it appears the manager of our club holds a very different view to you. This season could be pretty key to seeing just how accurate he is on this, as it'll be after two pre-seasons at the club working with some players now for over a year and having had the chance to bring in others of both the ability and character he wants.
Of course, events may overtake all that.
I think we are talking about two different things tbh. Your view is based on the player already being of the technical quality necessary and therefore their temperament and mentality is important in terms of how they fit the system, model etc. That's fine and I don't disagree with you.

However what I'm talking about is first the players ability and technical qualities need to match you're requirements otherwise all the right temperament and mentality in the world isn't going to make Gary O'Neil as effective a player as Messi. I'm sure you don't disagree with that premise so you see we are talking about slightly different things.

30m up front, rest spread over the period with add ons, not sure how we sit with player fee debt currently but seems we now have wiggle room for a winger, especially given the wages we have freed up

Remaining income from Skipp (£15m), Lo Celso (£10m), Regulion (£7m) and Solomon (£7m) perhaps pays for Neto or equivalent?.

I think those stats are a little misleading though, as he played a lot of minutes. Here’s those same stats per 90 mins, vs other PL forwards last season:

1723200224700.png

Still decent, especially playing for Bournemouth. But not as outstanding as that tweet makes things seem.

(Of course it’s separately a good thing that he was fit enough to play so many minutes!)

I think those stats are a little misleading though, as he played a lot of minutes. Here’s those same stats per 90 mins, vs other PL forwards last season:

View attachment 17484

Still decent, especially playing for Bournemouth. But not as outstanding as that tweet makes things seem.

(Of course it’s separately a good thing that he was fit enough to play so many minutes!)
Yes, I think the fact that he’s basically been an ever present for however long is a big plus in the scouting team’s eyes.

Watch that record disintegrate soon after signing though…

Why are people so hung up on the price ?
It's not our money, if the club wants to spend it, let them
He is better than Richy so improves us

Richy has 83 goal involvements in 288 games - so one every 3.4 games..
Solanke has 42 in 134 - one every 3.2 games.

That's not massively significant. Question is can Solanke do it at a club chasing top 4, because Richy has bar one spell been found wanting on that front.

Well we are all going to find out if its the right move now it seems, go well lad and welcome............almost

Back