• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dominic Solanke

I mean it's pretty natural for discussion to go that way when a signing looks to be on the cards.

If we were looking to sign a big money GK I'd expect chat around Vicarios positives & negatives to be had
I do find it funny when the viewpoints don't match their own rather than discussing with counter points they would rather just shut down the discussion and complain about football fans on a football forum discussing football and players. It's almost as if they shouldn't be on a football discussion board. 😅

FOOTBALL FANS IN DISCUSSION ON FORUM SHOCK!

But it's the same discussion on repeat, if that's what people want to do all power to them I guess.

"Hey everyone, remember that I don't rate Richarlison? I just thought I'd update you all letting you know I still don't rate Richarlison, here's my stock sentences to qualify that lack of rating -"

If it was a film it'd no doubt be Oscar winning dialogue, if placed in some kind of nightmare-esque groundhog day remake aimed at raising awareness of people just saying the same brick repeatedly.

Next up, trophies or CL, what's more important? I can't wait to hear what fresh and interesting views we'll dig up on the 459th time of rehashing that one.

"Oh look we're rumoured to be signing a new striker and there's a thread about it, perhaps I should repeat my set in stone views about Richarlison not being good enough for the 75th time summer - This is must be what the people want to hear and definitely adds to the discourse. Maybe I'll spice it up by taking a potshot at his mental health as well"

Sometimes this place, fudge me, I guess I am here by choice so it's on me - Please just end the transfer window and start the actual football because this is tedious as fudge.

Who has taken a potshot at his mental health? I actually think what he did by coming out and speaking about his mental health was very admirable, but to me that is separate from his ability as a footballer. I think he did ok last season but it’s my opinion that we need a little better than ok if we’re going to compete for trophies again.

But it's the same discussion on repeat, if that's what people want to do all power to them I guess.

"Hey everyone, remember that I don't rate Richarlison? I just thought I'd update you all letting you know I still don't rate Richarlison, here's my stock sentences to qualify that lack of rating -"

If it was a film it'd no doubt be Oscar winning dialogue, if placed in some kind of nightmare-esque groundhog day remake aimed at raising awareness of people just saying the same brick repeatedly.

Next up, trophies or CL, what's more important? I can't wait to hear what fresh and interesting views we'll dig up on the 459th time of rehashing that one.

If you think this is repetitive just wait till the window closes and season starts, it will be cut and paste from last year.
Opinions are like arseholes we've all got one and are all welcome to share them (opinions) but as you write repeating the same thing over and over backed up by "stats" from the font of all wisdom the internet is not that enlightening and I've never believed if you say or write something repeatedly it becomes true.

Who has taken a potshot at his mental health? I actually think what he did by coming out and speaking about his mental health was very admirable, but to me that is separate from his ability as a footballer. I think he did ok last season but it’s my opinion that we need a little better than ok if we’re going to compete for trophies again.

I'm not trying to be hostile or take the tinkle but what value do you think repeating your opinion on this offers? You've pretty much said the same in the last couple of pages, everyone knows. It's been the same all summer. It probably was the same last summer. It will continue to be the same whatever happens evidently.

If you're are actually on the wind up then fair enough, that is actually quite funny and I am here for it, but I get the feeling it's just pure obliviousness.

As for the first question, you can read the thread. It's not the first time either but who cares.

Edit - I'm not against debate / discussion, but having the same conversation again and again isn't something I see the value of (and yes I am viewing / engaging with it by choice as I have already established before anyone gets at me for my lack of logic)

You know I find his supporters reach for the mental health argument as a shield to deflect from a discussion about his ability or suitability. I really don't care about his mental health statement in relation to him as a footballer, it doesn't make me think any more or less of him as a player and adds to his character if anything, but his character isn't the determiner of whether he's ultimately the right player for us.

I'm not trying to be hostile or take the tinkle but what value do you think repeating your opinion on this offers? You've pretty much said the same in the last couple of pages, everyone knows. It's been the same all summer. It probably was the same last summer. It will continue to be the same whatever happens evidently.

Is this any different to someone saying how wonderful and great VDV or Romero are? It's the same repetitive discussion, it's just one in favour of the player. Do you also find that tiresome or is it acceptable because it's ultimately a positive take?

You know I find his supporters reach for the mental health argument as a shield to deflect from a discussion about his ability or suitability. I really don't care about his mental health statement in relation to him as a footballer, it doesn't make me think any more or less of him as a player and adds to his character if anything, but his character isn't the determiner of whether he's ultimately the right player for us.

Is this any different to someone saying how wonderful and great VDV or Romero are? It's the same repetitive discussion, it's just one in favour of the player. Do you also find that tiresome or is it acceptable because it's ultimately a positive take?

Even if something is positive, hearing it again and again has the same effect. You can talk about how wonderful those players are and apparently world class they are but then the interesting discussion is how they formed a good partnership but were still the mainstays in a very leaky defence, so to investigate the causes of that is interesting. Just saying "I like Romero, he is good" 20 times in a season is fine in a dementia ward but in a discussion forum, some interesting discussion wouldn't be an outrageous ask. This isn't exactly philosopher's corner but maybe having some kind of expectation/ hope for thought provoking content wouldn't hurt.

Like the GG podcast, it's usually of a positive nature, generally things are framed more upbeat than I would but I enjoy listening to it nonetheless, it's not entirely about agreeing or disagreeing. The key is it not being a monty python "I scratched the record" exercise in endurance.

To be clear I appreciate that this is an open forum, people can post what they want, in the same way that people can go and yell at traffic / pigeons. And yes it's arguably moaning about moaning, what an original and astute observation, let's have nobody ever moan again lest they turn in to a snake eating it's own tail.

If you're are actually on the wind up then fair enough, that is actually quite funny and I am here for it, but I get the feeling it's just pure obliviousness.

As for the first question, you can read the thread. It's not the first time either but who cares.

Edit - I'm not against debate / discussion, but having the same conversation again and again isn't something I see the value of (and yes I am viewing / engaging with it by choice as I have already established before anyone gets at me for my lack of logic)

I’m not on a windup but you’re going to keep seeing my opinion (and others) on players like Richarlison, Werner and to a lesser extent Johnson until we upgrade on those players. In most aspects of life I’m usually a sentimental person, I look back far more than I should rather than looking forward. But when it comes to football we just can’t be sentimental. If a player needs to be benched/moved on or a manager needs to be let go or we need new owners then I don’t really care about anything else other than improving the team, whether the players came through our academy or from another country it makes no difference to me. I haven’t seen anyone have a pop at Richarlison’s mental health of late, I certainly wouldn’t ever talk him down or think less of him for it.

No because eventually their performance will drop and we will have a raft of negative posts. The only thing that is certain players can turn from heros to villians.

"Oh look we're rumoured to be signing a new striker and there's a thread about it, perhaps I should repeat my set in stone views about Richarlison not being good enough for the 75th time summer - This is must be what the people want to hear and definitely adds to the discourse. Maybe I'll spice it up by taking a potshot at his mental health as well"

Sometimes this place, fudge me, I guess I am here by choice so it's on me - Please just end the transfer window and start the actual football because this is tedious as fudge.
It's a fair point. But only applies if Bassong isn't suspended.

I’m not on a windup but you’re going to keep seeing my opinion (and others) on players like Richarlison, Werner and to a lesser extent Johnson until we upgrade on those players. In most aspects of life I’m usually a sentimental person, I look back far more than I should rather than looking forward. But when it comes to football we just can’t be sentimental. If a player needs to be benched/moved on or a manager needs to be let go or we need new owners then I don’t really care about anything else other than improving the team, whether the players came through our academy or from another country it makes no difference to me. I haven’t seen anyone have a pop at Richarlison’s mental health of late, I certainly wouldn’t ever talk him down or think less of him for it.

That's fair enough mate, I'm in no position to declare someone isn't able to share their opinion. It just gives off a vibe of waiting for a reason to share that opinion to me regardless of how many times the opinion has already been shared.

It's only my opinion but showing a bit of awareness that you may be indeed repeating yourself goes a long way - I'm not going to invest time in working it out but it's a fair few times of you unironically stating you don't rate Richy, including twice in the last two pages, we get it. Again, imo it's not necessary to repost that opinion when we're linked to any stiker that could potentially be replacing him.

So anyways, is Sokanke world class then folks? And what does world class actually mean?*

*Please don't actually discuss this for the love of GHod it was a joke

If you think this is repetitive just wait till the window closes and season starts, it will be cut and paste from last year.
Opinions are like arseholes we've all got one and are all welcome to share them (opinions) but as you write repeating the same thing over and over backed up by "stats" from the font of all wisdom the internet is not that enlightening and I've never believed if you say or write something repeatedly it becomes true.

Are we not allowed to share our arse holes as well?

I can't listen to this at the moment but it doesn't matter what their attitude is if they fundamentally lack the qualities and attributes necessary at the top level. Ange isn't going to be able to take a Unibond Premier tier player and make him a world class practitioner, let's not be deluded.

Any positive mental attributes are going to be inaddition to the basic football questions of what physical and technical qualities do they possess.

I can't listen to this at the moment but it doesn't matter what their attitude is if they fundamentally lack the qualities and attributes necessary at the top level. Ange isn't going to be able to take a Unibond Premier tier player and make him a world class practitioner, let's not be deluded.

Any positive mental attributes are going to be inaddition to the basic football questions of what physical and technical qualities do they possess.

He's saying that there's not all that much difference in quality/attributes between different players at the top level but what there IS a huge difference in, is character. And that he finds the most important thing.
You would have more of a point if Richarlison were indeed a Unibond Premier tier player. But he's not. He plays successfully in the Premier League and on the international stage.

Back