• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dominic Solanke

If we were trying to sign a Defoe today I would definitely say he wasn't good enough, I mean I pretty much said that at the time tbh. Defoe has cult status amongst the Dan's and he was a decent striker but not a great one. His actual scoring records for us are nothing special in a person season basis. More than 13 once, years he favourite but he's nowhere near as good as many reminisce about him being.

Sorry for digressing but I thought it relevant.

If we were trying to sign a Defoe today I would definitely say he wasn't good enough, I mean I pretty much said that at the time tbh. Defoe has cult status amongst the Dan's and he was a decent striker but not a great one. His actual scoring records for us are nothing special in a person season basis. More than 13 once, years he favourite but he's nowhere near as good as many reminisce about him being.

Sorry for digressing but I thought it relevant.
I disagree that his record isn't that impressive - it's about where most good strikers are.

There a very very few forwards that score 1:2.
1:3 is a good return, especially in the PL.

Re; Solanke in general and part replying to @Lilbaz - the potential upgrade isn't about the player, it's about the system and the return that the system creates.

Is Solanke that player? No idea. If Solanke is the answer, I'm not even sure I know the question.
But Ange should. And that's why, if it happens, I think it's a big test of Ange's decision making.

The only reason Werner gets hate is because of his Chelsea days, if we had signed a relatively unknown player who put in the performances he did last season, everyone would be saying he was a good buy.
If Werner 22 sure, at 28 hell no. I'd say he needs to be improved upon and he does.

Also some of us actually watched Werner before he signed for Chelsea. My views on him are not limited to his Chelsea period thank you.

But a country mile better than the alternative
It’s a huge part of how we play and the counter attacks come from not holding the ball up
Ricky is not good at holding the ball up. 🤣

He's better than Son at it, but that's because Son is terrible in that regard, but Richy is NOT good at keeping the ball.

Ricky is not good at holding the ball up. 🤣

He's better than Son at it, but that's because Son is terrible in that regard, but Richy is NOT good at keeping the ball.
Didn’t say he was
But did say he is miles better than the alternative today
We saw last year when Richy wasn’t play the way we were countered from our own possesion

"Oh look we're rumoured to be signing a new striker and there's a thread about it, perhaps I should repeat my set in stone views about Richarlison not being good enough for the 75th time summer - This is must be what the people want to hear and definitely adds to the discourse. Maybe I'll spice it up by taking a potshot at his mental health as well"

Sometimes this place, fudge me, I guess I am here by choice so it's on me - Please just end the transfer window and start the actual football because this is tedious as fudge.

I mean it's pretty natural for discussion to go that way when a signing looks to be on the cards.

If we were looking to sign a big money GK I'd expect chat around Vicarios positives & negatives to be had

"Oh look we're rumoured to be signing a new striker and there's a thread about it, perhaps I should repeat my set in stone views about Richarlison not being good enough for the 75th time summer - This is must be what the people want to hear and definitely adds to the discourse. Maybe I'll spice it up by taking a potshot at his mental health as well"

Sometimes this place, fudge me, I guess I am here by choice so it's on me - Please just end the transfer window and start the actual football because this is tedious as fudge.

Wash rinse repeat

I mean it's pretty natural for discussion to go that way when a signing looks to be on the cards.

If we were looking to sign a big money GK I'd expect chat around Vicarios positives & negatives to be had
FOOTBALL FANS IN DISCUSSION ON FORUM SHOCK!

Back