• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dominic Solanke

Ake was a premium fee
Grealish was a premium fee
Van dijk was
Clubs don’t sell cheap and clubs do like to exploit a player after one season to maximise the value
I do agree that the price is high but that’s the prem premium
if that was a guy from Spain it would be the equivalent of the guy who has just gone to Roma Dyobrk for £35m iirc
I don't mind the premium if we are talking someone who is proven. Solanke isn't really that. Even then it well fair but at least you have some history to go off, not so much with Solanke.

Now let the fee be something reasonable like 20m-40m and I'd say it's worth the gamble. 65m and your paying premium for a non premium player.

Not a go at you, but we heard the same “if Ange wants him” stuff when we signed Werner, and he’s been completely underwhelming.

Is he better than Richy? Not so sure myself.
Surely how much we're willing to pay for someone indicates how much Ange and the transfer team likes that player. Difference between Ange liking a player enough for us to loan him and Ange liking a player enough for us to spend 50-60m on him.

And for a loan player Werner has been fine.

Not sure he's better than Richarlison in an absolute sense. But he may be a better fit to the system and that matters more. Yet to see anyone really present an argument on what Solanke's actual attributes and how that fits with our system leading to a conclusion that he wouldn't be a good signing for us.

I don't mind the premium if we are talking someone who is proven. Solanke isn't really that. Even then it well fair but at least you have some history to go off, not so much with Solanke.

Now let the fee be something reasonable like 20m-40m and I'd say it's worth the gamble. 65m and your paying premium for a non premium player.
A proven premium player would be 100m or thereabouts imo. Kane type money. And the Kane fee was lower than it would have been had he been some years younger.

Now let the fee be something reasonable like 20m-40m and I'd say it's worth the gamble. 65m and your paying premium for a non

It’s the joys of buying from this league
Chelsea paying £35 for a guy with no experience
They paid more for Caucido who is average
Mudryk…
What about the fees for Hiavertz after flopping at Chelsea… that was £65m

I have allready said that he would not be a player i would spend that type of money on and i have never really rated him, however if we do sign him i hope he scores a lot and changes my mind.

I'd suggested Solanke as a potential signing for us a few times over the past 6 months or so.... Looks to have all of things that Postecoglou would want from his centre forward.

I'm not sure I could think of another striker who would be more guaranteed to fit our way of playing and to get a decent amount of goals compared to Solanke.

It’s the joys of buying from this league
Chelsea paying £35 for a guy with no experience
They paid more for Caucido who is average
Mudryk…
What about the fees for Hiavertz after flopping at Chelsea… that was £65m
Those examples read like great reasons not to make those kinds of deals. You're not exactly selling the model to me. 🤣😅

Not a go at you, but we heard the same “if Ange wants him” stuff when we signed Werner, and he’s been completely underwhelming.

I wouldn't have signed werner either if I'm being honest.
Until we can say that ange has assembled a squad that has at least a few more in it that he has asked for i can't tell if they are a success or not.
It's not likely but it's also not inconceivable that we sign solanke and he clicks with werner and the two of them look great.
Who knows.

Werner has done anges plan to a tee
You can see it at the games
The issue is that there has been no one up top to play off him
That will change with solanke and richy will make a huge difference

Reactions: DTA
Perhaps our main target is some Japanese striker none of us have heard of… and meanwhile we know Richie has big injury issues and have been offered £60m for him… so we know we can flip Richie for Solanke for zero outlay and retain the ‘Prem Proven’ striker, whilst actually getting the Japanese (or wherever) import as our new new guy…

But you won’t know who is that clear step up until you try
Osihmen may struggle here because of many variables
Maybe Mbappe would too
We don’t know
I doubt because both are quality but there are so many things that can go wrong with signings

No but you limit the chances of them being a failure. Have they done it on a consistent basis at a high level? It's why the price is high to begin with.

transfer price aside, i believe Solanke will do better than what richy has ever given us in a season.
gets around the pitch a lot more without falling down much makes us a better presser up front.

not sure though how richy is going to take this - i mean he is a moody fella and who knows about the state of his mental health - so perhaps its better for him to go to where he can be the main man again.

transfer price aside, i believe Solanke will do better than what richy has ever given us in a season.
gets around the pitch a lot more without falling down much makes us a better presser up front.

not sure though how richy is going to take this - i mean he is a moody fella and who knows about the state of his mental health - so perhaps its better for him to go to where he can be the main man again.
Richi does not have a moody personality, you can see this with his training and off the field antics with the rest of the lads constantly....

He came into the club knowing he'd be competing with Kane. A journeyman from Bournemouth who is no where near the England squad shouldn't worry him. He also knows he can do a job (is arguably our best option) at LWF.

Hopefully it turns out to do what signing Bentley did to Lennon.

Werner has done anges plan to a tee
You can see it at the games
The issue is that there has been no one up top to play off him
That will change with solanke and richy will make a huge difference
The only reason Werner gets hate is because of his Chelsea days, if we had signed a relatively unknown player who put in the performances he did last season, everyone would be saying he was a good buy.

The only reason Werner gets hate is because of his Chelsea days, if we had signed a relatively unknown player who put in the performances he did last season, everyone would be saying he was a good buy.

Some truth in that for sure.

Reactions: DTA
He came into the club knowing he'd be competing with Kane. A journeyman from Bournemouth who is no where near the England squad shouldn't worry him. He also knows he can do a job (is arguably our best option) at LWF.

Hopefully it turns out to do what signing Bentley did to Lennon.

If Solanke signs for Spurs it will be his 5th club, including one loan club.

Tottenham are Richarlsons 5th club also.

Back