• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dominic Solanke

Because what we spend on him is what we aren't spending on someone else. Their isn't an unlimited pot of money so how we spend is just as important as who we spend it on.

65m on Solanke means we don't have 65m to spend on someone else.

Yep. But also could we add to that £65m (through sales or whatever) and get someone a lot better? I really don't know. It's not really a signing that excites me or one i think is or could be world class. But if the club sign him i'll back him.

Levy, Ange and the whole setup are aware of what budget we have and how will impact over signings. We have no idea.

Most people on here have big ideas about the exact positions we need to spend on and how much we should spend on a player, but the reality of the football world can be a little different and I guarantee the club see and do things differently to us armchair experts. And call me crazy but I trust Levy, our scouting team and Ange are all pulling together in the right direction to do the right thing in regards to player spend. Much more so than us anyway....
For me I'm not saying or even thinking that Solanke is a bad signing. I just think he's a bit of gamble (which I don't dislike) and at some of the touted prices probably not what I consider a smart gamble but a gamble nonetheless but I'm not quite understanding the "trust the club" angle. They've been wrong loads of times. :tearsofjoy:

Has to be one of the first signings in a long time where most of the fan base are against him before he had even kicked a ball. I know Richie wasn’t ideal for some people but i’d say 70% of the fan base were happy enough with him, Solanke on the other hand probably has about 10% of the fan base backing him and the rest hoping he flops so they can have a winge at Levy again. Really weird transfer, he can’t help the price but i feel we have needed a player like him for a while. Llorente was a similar type of player and he was useful plus Solanke is abit more mobile. I think he scores 15 prem goals this season.

For me I'm not saying or even thinking that Solanke is a bad signing. I just think he's a bit of gamble (which I don't dislike) and at some of the touted prices probably not what I consider a smart gamble but a gamble nonetheless but I'm not quite understanding the "trust the club" angle. They've been wrong loads of times. :tearsofjoy:
But they have also been right loads of times
Every transfer is a gamble.. every single one
Your trading human beings
There are so many variables at play
I think it’s why the club now look in the prem for the bigger money pens as the due diligence is more solid

Has to be one of the first signings in a long time where most of the fan base are against him before he had even kicked a ball. I know Richie wasn’t ideal for some people but i’d say 70% of the fan base were happy enough with him, Solanke on the other hand probably has about 10% of the fan base backing him and the rest hoping he flops so they can have a winge at Levy again. Really weird transfer, he can’t help the price but i feel we have needed a player like him for a while. Llorente was a similar type of player and he was useful plus Solanke is abit more mobile. I think he scores 15 prem goals this season.
If he starts for us he will be getting double what you say
The chances are there for simple goals if the striker moves well and stays in role
Richy showed that last year

Richie was back up for kane. Llorente was back up. For a player that you want starting you want world class or the potential to be. Otherwise we'll never win anything.

Since the Paratici era, and now the more data led scouting I would say we have got as many good signings as you could reasonably expect at the very least? Especially when considering the type of club we are vs the demands of a Conte type signing. I very much trust our scouting these days, certainly wouldn't have said that in the Hitchen days....

Richie was back up for kane. Llorente was back up. For a player that you want starting you want world class or the potential to be. Otherwise we'll never win anything.
Lots of teams have won things with bang average strikers.

10% Spurs fans happy wow I can't remember a time recently when things were that good. I think David Renwick got it wrong making Victor Meldrew a gooner, much better fit as a Spurs fan.

Selling Richi to fund Solanke seems fair enough

as someone that doesn't really rate Solanke,the positive is at least he's fit most of the time and can build a front line around him

Quite happy with just one striker if we give the youth players a proper go as back up

Selling Richi to fund Solanke seems fair enough

as someone that doesn't really rate Solanke,the positive is at least he's fit most of the time and can build a front line around him

Quite happy with just one striker if we give the youth players a proper go as back up
Richi isn’t going anywhere is he?

But they have also been right loads of times
Every transfer is a gamble.. every single one
Your trading human beings
There are so many variables at play
I think it’s why the club now look in the prem for the bigger money pens as the due diligence is more solid
Spending more money on PL signings isn't the wisest course of action imo as a plan. The majority of top PL players are typically already playing for our "rivals" so we aren't going to be able to sign them. That leaves just those that haven't already made a move to a "big club" which might be for a variety of reasons. It sounds like a plan that has us spending bigger amounts on more middling players who haven't quite got the quality to reach the top level rather than actual top players.

Same flimflam though. 2+2 with the Solanke rumours and getting 58.

He's explicitly said he wont go there and said he wont leave england this year.

You put too much faith in quotes (and have a habit of twisting what was actually said anyway) - put enough money in front of someone and they have decision to make

You put too much faith in quotes (and have a habit of twisting what was actually said anyway) - put enough money in front of someone and they have decision to make

The stuff Richarlison did re Bolsonaro was incredible. No way he'll ever do a Henderson and have his morals paid off.

The Saudi league is a busted flush now too. Everyone can see now that it is a graveyard for has-beens. Players at their peak will be much more cautious to write off their career for a cheque.

Last edited:
Back