• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dominic Solanke

Surprised people are so down on him, seems like whenever we get linked with an English player 70% of people are calling him trash. He has an all round game from what I've seen which Richarlison lacks. Would prefer Toney but much better Solanke than nothing.
Its the fee. If it was £20m, everyone would be happy. But for someone who isnt as good as our first choice, and who will soon be being run down by our academy prospects. It just feels very Darren Bent.

It’s the fee. If it was £20m, everyone would be happy. But for someone who isnt as good as our first choice, and who will soon be being run down by our academy prospects. It just feels very Darren Bent.
It’s the fee and his name
The fee is high but then I’ve just seen the Alvarez fee
His name isn’t sexy though
But the club can’t win if it happens. Spend the money and back the manager…. Just not with that player

He's got way more to his game than Darren Bent from what I've seen.

I didn't mean in the skillset sense. Just that we bought Bent in as our record signing, but he was never more than our 4th best striker (obviously that was in the days of playing with two strikers).

But having an expensive peak age CF backup, rather than a Fullkrug or a young prospect, seems a recipe for discontent and someone we'll soon be struggling to get rid of.

Surprised people are so down on him, seems like whenever we get linked with an English player 70% of people are calling him trash. He has an all round game from what I've seen which Richarlison lacks. Would prefer Toney but much better Solanke than nothing.
I can't speak for anyone else but honestly a lot of English players are overrated and quite lacking technically and given that are rather expensive for what they do offer. I'm biased against players lacking precise touch, control, passing etc so players like Richarlison or Gallagher don't impress or interest me. The type of attributes I do rate tend to be those that English players don't possess as much and those that don't usually are out of our reach.

I can't speak for anyone else but honestly a lot of English players are overrated and quite lacking technically and given that are rather expensive for what they do offer. I'm biased against players lacking precise touch, control, passing etc so players like Richarlison or Gallagher don't impress or interest me. The type of attributes I do rate tend to be those that English players don't possess as much and those that don't usually are out of our reach.

Ditto. Technical English players are amazing - it's a joy watching Devine, Donley, Moore and co. But there's a lot of cloggers around too - Gallagher being a prime example.

Sounds like we are only interested if we can be creative and include a couple players etc. Not sure who would fancy going in that direction though? Maybe Skipp if he was guaranteed game time in CM, maybe Veliz or Solomon on loan?

Sounds like we are only interested if we can be creative and include a couple players etc. Not sure who would fancy going in that direction though? Maybe Skipp if he was guaranteed game time in CM, maybe Veliz or Solomon on loan?

That could make things more paletable. Say any two from Regulion, Skipp, Solomon, plus Veliz on loan, plus £30m?

I didn't mean in the skillset sense. Just that we bought Bent in as our record signing, but he was never more than our 4th best striker (obviously that was in the days of playing with two strikers).

But having an expensive peak age CF backup, rather than a Fullkrug or a young prospect, seems a recipe for discontent and someone we'll soon be struggling to get rid of.
Think it's quite likely that Richarlison would be on his way out if we sign Solanke. Agree that if we have both there may be some discontent. But having genuine options would be a really good thing.

Think it's quite likely that Richarlison would be on his way out if we sign Solanke. Agree that if we have both there may be some discontent. But having genuine options would be a really good thing.

I don't think there'd be a buyer for Richarlison. He's said he won't leave England, so his value probably limits him to Man U. He's better than Hojlund, so that might be an option?

You could possibly play both. Richarlison's potentially our best LWF option next season (depending on the permanence of Son's decline) as well as our best CF.

That could make things more paletable. Say any two from Regulion, Skipp, Solomon, plus Veliz on loan, plus £30m?
These suggestions always sound great, until the stark reality sets in that 1) the other club actually want those players 2) Our players actually want to go there....

I don't think there'd be a buyer for Richarlison. He's said he won't leave England, so his value probably limits him to Man U. He's better than Hojlund, so that might be an option?

You could possibly play both. Richarlison's potentially our best LWF option next season (depending on the permanence of Son's decline) as well as our best CF.
Time will tell with Richarlison imo.

Don't think LWF is a great solution for him. But having two good/very good strikers would be a good thing for us.

We really missed a second out and out striker last season when Richarlison got injured. Would be quite a lot of game time to go around for both of them if that ends up being the situation. Both would probably prefer to be a clear first choice, but so far none of them have proved enough to necessarily be that at a club our size.

These suggestions always sound great, until the stark reality sets in that 1) the other club actually want those players 2) Our players actually want to go there....

We've seen it before with mass exoduses to Sunderland and Portsmouth.

All 3 (Skipp, Regulion and Solomon) have played mid-table EPL recently (Norwich, United and Fulham), and for Veliz any EPL loan would be a good move.

Bournemouth has nice beaches too, and Gazza will always take you drinking, so it's not like we are trying to sell them relocating to Burnley.

I think Gyokeres is partly potential, what can be of he steps up and develops further.

Agree with you that for now there's no real reason to think that Gyokeres would be significantly better than Solanke. Solanke doesn't have that "what may be" excitement as much.

Home grown, PL proven. Getting to his prime, good profile fit. A lot to like.
He's had one season of scoring goals in the PL, I'm not sure if that really qualifies someone as PL proven. If we sign him hopefully it's not a blip and a hot season and he's now grown into the player he was predicted to be.

Back