• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dominic Solanke

He's had one season of scoring goals in the PL, I'm not sure if that really qualifies someone as PL proven. If we sign him hopefully it's not a blip and a hot season and he's now grown into the player he was predicted to be.
More PL proven than Gyokoeres at least.

In terms of signing someone that we can be confident about at the very least working out fairly well I think he's up there among realistic targets at least.

Interestingly, he has a better goals ratio than Richarlison (appx 1:2.5 Vs 1:3).
Gyorekes is just under 1:2 - but that's a couple of championship seasons and one in Portugal.

Looking around, Solanke is probably one of the better options out there for us.
Not exactly exciting. But that's the current options.

Interestingly, he has a better goals ratio than Richarlison (appx 1:2.5 Vs 1:3).
Gyorekes is just under 1:2 - but that's a couple of championship seasons and one in Portugal.

Richarlison played a lot of games on the left.

It looks like it is happening, a few thoughts

- Think it's not exciting but the combination of fit to system (press from front), HG and perhaps with keeping Richi it gives us a bit more depth on injuries/form
- Probably fits the personality profile that Ange wants .. think Tony would have been an easy buy for us if it wasn't for his personality issues
- Could you play Richi, Solanke and Son up front chasing a game?

Is the ability to play together in game chasing circumstances going to high on the priority list Raz?

I would say Solanke would have a hard time getting away from the "cheap alternative" reputation were he to join, even if he ended up being a record signing. He was very highly rated as a youngster but honesty hasn't exactly pulled up trees the last 4 years, with 28 goals in 113 games in the top flight.

I am all for signing players with prem experience, but I doubt his stats justify the fees Bournemouth are touting that they want for him. 30m would be more accurately reflective of his value, certainly not 65m, and we know the good ship Levy rarely knowingly overpays for players.

I'd say this one is unlilely to happen..

Is the ability to play together in game chasing circumstances going to high on the priority list Raz?

I would say Solanke would have a hard time getting away from the "cheap alternative" reputation were he to join, even if he ended up being a record signing. He was very highly rated as a youngster but honesty hasn't exactly pulled up trees the last 4 years, with 28 goals in 113 games in the top flight.

I am all for signing players with prem experience, but I doubt his stats justify the fees Bournemouth are touting that they want for him. 30m would be more accurately reflective of his value, certainly not 65m, and we know the good ship Levy rarely knowingly overpays for players.

I'd say this one is unlilely to happen..
A players fee is what the market club and situation dictate ... we can all set imaginary fees in our heads about value and price ...if the price is £65m then we don't have to entertain it ...

He could well be a late bloomer, it's not out of the ordinary for players to come into their own after certain things click in their own game

He's had one season of scoring goals in the PL, I'm not sure if that really qualifies someone as PL proven. If we sign him hopefully it's not a blip and a hot season and he's now grown into the player he was predicted to be.

This is the risk, has he just had a great season or is he now coming into his prime and likely to continue getting 20+ a season. Doesn't look like he gets injured very often.

Fee feels a little high to me, 60m for someone with 1 good season.

This is probably his last shot at a "big club", he has attributes Ange likes, could be a good combination.
He wouldn't be high up my list of signings but if ange wants him and agrees to come I'd support it.
And I'm sure that's a relief to all concerned.
But this is the problem, keep seeing the ' Not who I would go for' comment but then no realistic better alternatives provided. If we spend the money being talked about then our very capable scouting team has come to the conclusion that there is no more appropriate and gettable striker for a considerable amount of money. Solanke can score goals and fits Anges system as being one of the best pressers from the front.

Saw Alvarez being talked about but he doesn't fit Anges criteria as much, would cost a hell of a lot more going to a PL rival and why would he prefer Spurs to Atletico Madrid anyway?

I'm all ears for these far better suggestions but just don't see it, and it seems neither does our so it ing team who are far better placed than any of us to know. This one might not appear spectacular but makes a lot of sense to me.....

But this is the problem, keep seeing the ' Not who I would go for' comment but then no realistic better alternatives provided. If we spend the money being talked about then our very capable scouting team has come to the conclusion that there is no more appropriate and gettable striker for a considerable amount of money. Solanke can score goals and fits Anges system as being one of the best pressers from the front.

Saw Alvarez being talked about but he doesn't fit Anges criteria as much, would cost a hell of a lot more going to a PL rival and why would he prefer Spurs to Atletico Madrid anyway?

I'm all ears for these far better suggestions but just don't see it, and it seems neither does our so it ing team who are far better placed than any of us to know. This one might not appear spectacular but makes a lot of sense to me.....
Alavarez isn't high on my list either, but then tbh I don't have a list because I don't watch that much footy outside of Spurs, and can't influence who we are going to sign (which is probably just as well) so why stress about it.
I don't know what we want, how much we have to spend or how a player will fit in so I'm generally pretty ambivalent about our signings until I see them in our shirt.

Why are people so hung up on the price ?
It's not our money, if the club wants to spend it, let them
He is better than Richy so improves us

It is our money. Tickets, merchandise, TV subscriptions. All massively overpriced.

Reactions: DTA
It limits what else we can do this summer (the calibre of RWF) and also binds us in future windows, esp if he becomes deadwood we struggle to get rid of through successive windows.
Levy, Ange and the whole setup are aware of what budget we have and how will impact other signings. We have no idea.

Most people on here have big ideas about the exact positions we need to spend on and how much we should spend on a player, but the reality of the football world can be a little different and I guarantee the club see and do things differently to us armchair experts. And call me crazy but I trust Levy, our scouting team and Ange are all pulling together in the right direction to do the right thing in regards to player spend. Much more so than us anyway....

Last edited:
It is our money. Tickets, merchandise, TV subscriptions. All massively overpriced.

I would assume if tickets and merchandise were less expensive the club would spend less. I think everything in the entertainment sector is over priced, it's all about availability and demand.

Why are people so hung up on the price ?
It's not our money, if the club wants to spend it, let them
He is better than Richy so improves us
Because what we spend on him is what we aren't spending on someone else. Their isn't an unlimited pot of money so how we spend is just as important as who we spend it on.

65m on Solanke means we don't have 65m to spend on someone else.

Back