• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dominic Solanke

How I wish you are right, but isn't it more 'something to keep an eye on'?

I thought Bournemouth got absolutely rinsed by Liverpool when they paid 19 million for him. Now we're talking 60+.
Maybe.
F.R. usually dishes out more information if there's something happening. Think Solanke is ok, if Ange wants him then fine. It's over what he's worth though, probably double.

Maybe.
F.R. usually dishes out more information if there's something happening. Think Solanke is ok, if Ange wants him then fine. It's over what he's worth though, probably double.
It is another Sissoko type signing, not a bad player but by well over paying for him it stops us buying someone useful.

I know he wasn't 'homegrown' in the strictest sense, but we did sell Harry Kane for 100 mill -this after YEARS of amazing world class service. I think we can count him personally...

I'm actually intrigued by this one.

A lot of people would have us sign Gyokeres this summer but Solanke outscored him in the Championship and has performed very well in the PL, which obviously a fair bit of higher a standard than the Portuguese league - looking at his play/goals for Bournemouth I can see how he'd potentially suit an Ange team

I remember Liverpool fans being delirious when they mugged Bournemouth for £19m for, as they called him, 'So tossy'.

A lot of people would have us sign Gyokeres this summer but Solanke outscored him in the Championship and has performed very well in the PL, which obviously a fair bit of higher a standard than the Portuguese league - looking at his play/goals for Bournemouth I can see how he'd potentially suit an Ange team
I’d take Gyokeres over him as he is physical specimen that bosses CBS
But solanke presses better than any striker so that’s a huge strength in Ange ball

You know when we put the ball in the box and constantly moan that there is no one there and no one is gambling? Well Solanke gets into those positions and takes those gambles. I’m not worried about how much someone costs, it isn’t my money, if he is the guy our coach and our scouts are saying will do the job, then i have faith in them.

Last edited:
You know when we put the ball in the box and constantly moan that there is no one there and no one is gambling? Well Solanke gets into those positions and takes those gambles. I’m not worried about how much someone costs, it isn’t my money, if he is the guy our coach and out scouts are saying will do the job, then i have faith in them.
That’s exactly it
He will work the box better than what we saw anyone do last season

Surprised people are so down on him, seems like whenever we get linked with an English player 70% of people are calling him trash. He has an all round game from what I've seen which Richarlison lacks. Would prefer Toney but much better Solanke than nothing.

I think Gyokeres is partly potential, what can be of he steps up and develops further.

Agree with you that for now there's no real reason to think that Gyokeres would be significantly better than Solanke. Solanke doesn't have that "what may be" excitement as much.

Home grown, PL proven. Getting to his prime, good profile fit. A lot to like.

I think Gyokeres is partly potential, what can be of he steps up and develops further.

Agree with you that for now there's no real reason to think that Gyokeres would be significantly better than Solanke. Solanke doesn't have that "what may be" excitement as much.

Home grown, PL proven. Getting to his prime, good profile fit. A lot to like.
Gyokeres is the same age as Solanke?

Back