• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey

He's a decent player. Good buy. Not a first team player, but he's an amazing squad option to have around.

To be fair he was brick but scored two so couldnt have been that brick - ok I contradicted myself in one sentence but hey ho

he is a slogger not brick not great an odd buy just like piennar was and i hope fulham do what everton do and buy him back, cant comment on tonight because i only got in 10 minutes ago.

very very limited player. Don't mind him staying as long as he's not in our first choice 18 (starting 11 plus subs)

I thought he worked extremely hard today.

Brilliant first goal, good awareness, great touch and calm finish. His second goal was just being in the right place, taking a touch from a superb Hudd pass and just shooting on target and luckily enough it went in. You saw how much he was dead on his feet at the end of the game, it was taking him a good 5 seconds to get up every time he was down. I have no doubt he'd have taken a penalty otherwise.

Anyone else notice his ability to flick the ball onto an actual team mate, I've not seen that since Gilzean

You need players who are going to give 100% every single game. He is one, Parker is another. I'm not a huge fan of either, but i'd take a Dempsey over an Adebayor any day of the week. Works his gonads off and backs it up with a decent amount of ability.

He pops up with the goals, he isn't the most exciting player to watch. A bit Michael Atherton about him, I want a Trescothick.

Good to see him get a couple of goals today, hopefully he'll be back to the level he showed before his injury soon. Not his best game other than the goals today, but he kept fighting and working and he was playing out of position. Both for him and Sig (like Kranjcar and Modric before them) playing wide right seems like a real chore so I can excuse him not creating all that much as long as he works hard for the team and keeps making runs into the box.

Good to see him get a couple of goals today, hopefully he'll be back to the level he showed before his injury soon. Not his best game other than the goals today, but he kept fighting and working and he was playing out of position. Both for him and Sig (like Kranjcar and Modric before them) playing wide right seems like a real chore so I can excuse him not creating all that much as long as he works hard for the team and keeps making runs into the box.

This is what frustrates me about Levy more than anything, why we cannot go out and get pace to replace pace I don't know. It really restricts us not having a like for like replacement and has been this way for a long time.. even before Levy really.

This is what frustrates me about Levy more than anything, why we cannot go out and get pace to replace pace I don't know. It really restricts us not having a like for like replacement and has been this way for a long time.. even before Levy really.

I hope and think Townsend can be that player.

I won't get drawn into another Levy discussion right now (already staying away from one in the Sugar thread). But I will just mention that when the annual results have been published year in and year out we're spending the money that's available too us, not always straight away, but we're not putting money in the bank and we're not paying out dividends to Levy and Lewis.

Good wingers are hard to find and often expensive. I think it's harsh to put the blame on Levy for the specific purchases made. Maybe AVB thought that players like Vertonghen, Dembele, Dempsey etc were more important to us than a (backup) winger? Look at other teams in the league, how many teams have not only good starting wingers, but also good backup wingers to boast about in their squads?

Are people actually still complaining about Dempsey?

Guy worked his ass off, scored twice, obviously gives a brick, what more do you want?

ohhh .. sorry, yes, nobody understands why we didn't buy Messi in January ....

Dempsey is 'just a player.' However, despite often going missing, he does work hard and does look like he gives a fudge. I would play him ahead of Adebayor from now on.

We obviously ignored all the pacy, top class players that were desperate to sign for us and went for Dempsey instead. And just to torment the fans Levy deliberately spent the entire transfer window playing Angry Birds before swooping in on the last day.

Works his socks off every match and scores vital goals this is the type of player who would have been known as a club legend 5-10 years ago but now he is brick. It saddens me how jaded some of our fans have become since we have had some success

Back