• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey

Most of his goals have been simple, the two on Thursday were flukey. He is a very bad signing.

Technically not good enough to keep the ball, technically not good enough to do anything unexpected. The sort of predictable player defenders don't mind playing against.

Take away the 5 Pl goals which were not good ones and is not a great total and he has done very, very little. Against Everton, he id next to nothing.

He's a good squad player. People shouldn't be so eager to get rid of them and then complain we dont have any strength in depth.

Most of his goals have been simple, the two on Thursday were flukey. He is a very bad signing.

Technically not good enough to keep the ball, technically not good enough to do anything unexpected. The sort of predictable player defenders don't mind playing against.

Take away the 5 Pl goals which were not good ones and is not a great total and he has done very, very little. Against Everton, he id next to nothing.

Take away Bale's goals and he's just selfish, wasteful and contributes very little.

Dempsey's problem is he doesn't really excel in anything but grit and determination. He's not technically gifted, quick, very good in the air, or with a very good shot. He has the tendency to occationally be at the right place at the right time in front of goal, but not often enough to be a prolific goalscorer.

Basically he's a decent footballer whose determination has taken him probably as far as he can go.

I like Dempsey, and I think he's a very good squad player, but I also think we struggle to accommodate him into our current set up. The fact that most of our offensive play stops short at the 16 yard line is not an advantage for him either, because he's at his best inside the box. If we had better movement, better wing play, better passing and acrually managed to play our way into the 16 yard box more often, I think you'd find Dempsey being a far more efficient player for us.

You mean 'simple' as in 'the sort of chances we absolutely miss week after week when he isn't lurking somewhere in the matchday set-up to be on hand and poke the ball over the line'? I'm not saying he's a starter but mate, seriously...

He's a good squad player. People shouldn't be so eager to get rid of them and then complain we dont have any strength in depth.

=D>

Happened with Pienaar last season, people couldn't wait to gonad him but once he went, well, we saw how useful he could've been...

Dempsey's problem is he doesn't really excel in anything but grit and determination. He's not technically gifted, quick, very good in the air, or with a very good shot. He has the tendency to occationally be at the right place at the right time in front of goal, but not often enough to be a prolific goalscorer.

Basically he's a decent footballer whose determination has taken him probably as far as he can go.

I like Dempsey, and I think he's a very good squad player, but I also think we struggle to accommodate him into our current set up. The fact that most of our offensive play stops short at the 16 yard line is not an advantage for him either, because he's at his best inside the box. If we had better movement, better wing play, better passing and acrually managed to play our way into the 16 yard box more often, I think you'd find Dempsey being a far more efficient player for us.

He is 29/30 and is not going to get better, he is just very limited. it would be very easy to get a better player for the £6m he cost.

A big shame he did not go to Liverpool, very much in the Downing and Henderson mould. You can't have your number 10 as limited as Dempsey and expect anything.

You mean 'simple' as in 'the sort of chances we absolutely miss week after week when he isn't lurking somewhere in the matchday set-up to be on hand and poke the ball over the line'? I'm not saying he's a starter but mate, seriously...

He's probably the best midfielder/attacking midfielder we have when it comes to making good runs into the box looking for those scoring chances, at least I think so.

No coincidence that he scores some "simple" and scrappy goals. Manu score plenty of those goals because they make plenty of those runs into the box, some of our players are not eager enough to make those runs I think.

Dempsey actually has some skill, he's not some limitless try hard made out to be by many on here. Its a shame he got injured at a time when he was coming into his own for us....

He's probably the best midfielder/attacking midfielder we have when it comes to making good runs into the box looking for those scoring chances, at least I think so.

No coincidence that he scores some "simple" and scrappy goals. Manu score plenty of those goals because they make plenty of those runs into the box, some of our players are not eager enough to make those runs I think.

Any player from any division will score some goals if they play for a top 6 team. He is not really a midfielder either , more of a 2nd striker. A number 10.

He has 5 PL goals , so what, Fraser Campbell used to get 5. Chris Armstrong did as well. His game is not good enough.

Any player from any division will score some goals if they play for a top 6 team. He is not really a midfielder either , more of a 2nd striker. A number 10.

He has 5 PL goals , so what, Fraser Campbell used to get 5. Chris Armstrong did as well. His game is not good enough.

How many decent spells of regular football has he had in our team? His season has been hampered by injury. When he plays, he looks infinitely more of a goal threat than Defoe or Ade.

You talk about a midfielder who gets all around the pitch, then compare his achievements to two strikers. Good argument.

Dempsey actually has some skill, he's not some limitless try hard made out to be by many on here. Its a shame he got injured at a time when he was coming into his own for us....

This. He often pulls off cheeky flicks to keep the play ticking over/ unlock the defence (if there is anyone to actually release). And, despite what recent games have demonstrated, he is pretty good at shooting from range.

5 goals in 17 starts. He's been playing wide in some of those games where clearly he was not a 2nd striker or a number 10. The players you mentioned here thought were out and out strikers. How is this a fair comparison? Are you just trolling?

Those aren't terrible goalscoring stats, not far off VdV if my memory serves me somewhat right. Not quite good enough, and I think he would have hoped to do better and get into double figures in the league for us. But not bad either.

Not the quality of player we need if we're to be a consistent Top 4 team

But I can understand why we bought him from a purely 'Levy' point of view

Not the quality of player we need if we're to be a consistent Top 4 team

But I can understand why we bought him from a purely 'Levy' point of view

Seems to me that United have always had Dempsey type players in their squad. Hard working players that can cover multiple positions, can do well with a run in the side and make themselves a starter, but without ever being the star player.

Seems quite clear to me that AVB rates him and that he wasn't just a "Levy signing".

Back