• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey

Was Dempsey injured against Swansea or was dropped by AVB ? After his goal scoring run earlier in the season, thot he would score atleast 10 league goals this season. Now it doesn't look like he will even score one in the remaining matches. In fact, not sure if all our 3 strikers, Adebayor, Defoe and Dempsey will score any goals between them in the remaining league matches. It will be a great achievement if we can finish in top 4 despite not having a top striker.

Was Dempsey injured against Swansea or was dropped by AVB ? After his goal scoring run earlier in the season, thot he would score atleast 10 league goals this season. Now it doesn't look like he will even score one in the remaining matches. In fact, not sure if all our 3 strikers, Adebayor, Defoe and Dempsey will score any goals between them in the remaining league matches. It will be a great achievement if we can finish in top 4 despite not having a top striker.

I agree. Or even a striker like Zamora who at least occupies defences. Our striker don't make there presence felt. I think it has been the same since Ferdinand was our striking coach, which I find Ironic as he was very good at being a thorn in the side of defenders.

I know he's been injured, but he was very poor today. He's had more bad games than good for us and I'm just not convinced by him. At the level we want to be at, players in the starting line-up need to have at least one outstanding quality, whether its the ability to play a devastating through ball in the final third, a top class first touch, dribbling ability, pace, power, whatever it may be. I don't see what Dempsey's outstanding quality is.

He's a competent player, far from the worst I've seen in his position at Spurs, but I just don't think he's good enough. I don't expect every Spurs player to do as well as Van Der Vaart or Modric did, and that's who he's inevitably going to get compared to, but I'd even have him behind Kranjcar. I don't see a need for him, Sigurdsson AND Holtby in the squad, and whilst Gylfi has really hit form recently and Holtby is still adjusting to English football, Dempsey to me appears way down the pecking order.

As I said, far from the worst player I've seen in his position at Spurs, but if we can find an interested buyer I think we should look to sell him this summer.

Dempsey was a panic buy on the evening of the transfer deadline, this is what comes of gambling like this with your squad.

Very poor player - doesn't do anything particularly well, a fact highlighted if you actually try to name his strengths!!

Even by his standards he was dire today though. Shows how short we are up front

Before his injury Dempsey was playing well and scoring goals.

This. I suspect between now and the end of the season Dempsey will be the one that gets a few crucial goals/assists (along with Ade and Siggy). I think AVB will find a system to get the best out of the 3, with Bale, Lemnon and Defoe unavailable.

He was poor today but I can't help but feel that with him on the pitch, we are bound to score. I just think there is something about him, right place, right time etc. I do like him, but he was playing wide right at times today and that just isn't his position.

I'm baffled by the three comments made directly above this post - Dempsey is mediocre at best, he offers very little, is slow and isn't exactly getting onto the end of anything that warrants that we look like we are going to score with him on the pitch.
Out of position or not, he is way out of his league at Spurs which I suspect is why he looked good at Fulham. Cannot believe we let VdV leave to get this guy, makes no sense at all.

I'm baffled by the three comments made directly above this post - Dempsey is mediocre at best, he offers very little, is slow and isn't exactly getting onto the end of anything that warrants that we look like we are going to score with him on the pitch.
Out of position or not, he is way out of his league at Spurs which I suspect is why he looked good at Fulham. Cannot believe we let VdV leave to get this guy, makes no sense at all.

VDV was very talented no doubt, but his stamina and fitness record made it understandable that we wnated to replace him before he became lame (in the semi-lieral sense).

Dempsey isn't quite on VDV's level, but you don't score the goals he did in a team like Fulham (who let's face it are mid-table-ish) without being a good player. It's sort of like Manure fans saying Van Persie looked good at Arsenal but that he's be way out of his league at Manure...

Dempsey needs space in front of him to get into and AVB's set up doesn't afford him that. Like how Keane flourished under Jol too - we need to capitalize on his opportunistic runs, not speed nor close control.

Dempsey needs space in front of him to get into and AVB's set up doesn't afford him that. Like how Keane flourished under Jol too - we need to capitalize on his opportunistic runs, not speed nor close control.

Nice comment. It seems that for us he is always dropping into 'the hole' to get on the ball, and given that he's not particularly skillful or creative he's not very effective. At Fulham his strength was making clever runs inside from the byline to get into goalscoring positions... in fairness he hasn't played out left much for us, so perhaps that's playing a part in his poor performances. Though I'm sure it's mostly a psychological / confidence issue (as well as the fact that he's just not particularly great technically-speaking).

I was hoping he'd start on the left today - with Ade drifting wide and dropping deep, and Siggy and Holtby looking for space in the hole, I think Dempsey would be able to take advantage of some spaces opening up in the opposition's defence.

I'll always love him for the Utd goals but today he was pants. He didn't even work hard which is the absolute minimum you would expect. He does however have a knack of scoring important goals mind so maybe one or two against Chelsea or City and all will be forgiving.

Back