• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey

Thanks Doc. It says "After scoring twice in his first 20 games for his new team, he has six goals in his last eight games" (before the WBA game). Impressive. Worth remembering that.

Note that his goal against Honduras came when he ran from deep, past the static defence. That is his forte.

Has he scored most of his goals for us from the left side? That goal from the right.

Hero.
Without complaint he flies back from Honduras on Thursday, trains on Friday, plays Saturday lunchtime, and not just 45-55 mins, but 99 fudging minutes!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry, the man is a fudging stud! Not the most gifted but he fudging gets in there and grits it out. Clint Dempsey, take your place alongside the following...

john_wayne29.jpg

EASTWOOD.jpeg

steve mcqueen.jpeg

KENIEVAL.jpeg

:)

Well put Steff. Good performance from him today I though as well and he just kept running and working for 90 minutes, loads of respect. AVB took the time to praise him specifically again. Thought he was looking towards the bench somewhat nervously as Ade was getting ready, I thought he would be the one to come off myself to be honest, but solid decision from AVB as Dempsey had it in him to keep goin.

:)

Well put Steff. Good performance from him today I though as well and he just kept running and working for 90 minutes, loads of respect. AVB took the time to praise him specifically again. Thought he was looking towards the bench somewhat nervously as Ade was getting ready, I thought he would be the one to come off myself to be honest, but solid decision from AVB as Dempsey had it in him to keep goin.

This season, Dempsey is absolutely one of those players who I believe is only truly appreciated by team mates and his manager...

Great player, hard to get off the ball, makes good decisions, wins free kicks in great positions, works hard for the side, and scores match winning goals. What's not to like?
I can't wait for him and Ade to get 90 minutes together..

I like Dempsey; yes, he's not had the quickest start, some mistakes, bad touches, but, I think he always gives 110%. That to me, buys a little time, a little good will factor. I think he's going to click, and be effective, netting a brick load of goals.
Gareth Bale, brick player, we couldn't win a game..

See Clint in MOTD highlights..his passes to Gareth, his pass to Ade for his assist to Bale for the second. They are our top three players.

This season, Dempsey is absolutely one of those players who I believe is only truly appreciated by team mates and his manager...

I was thinking this myself after today. Clint gets on with it, gives his all for the full duration of the game, has scored some VERY important goals for us and doesn't hide when things don't go right for him (Manure at home). I don' have the stats to hand but his game allows other players to play their game.

No but he can stop opposition attacks, and stop us dropping from 3 points to one, as he did against Saudi Sportswashing Machine yesterday when he saved from Ameobi. Surely that's just as important?

Not true, I for one appreciate him. Also, he has skill and quality in his locker - he's more than just your hard worker.....

Should back on the pitch today. Not our best player, not our first choice striker, not even a striker?
But I've been impressed with how he seemed to be settling in more and more since he arrived.

I think this lad will play a big part in our successful push for a top four finish :)

Should back on the pitch today. Not our best player, not our first choice striker, not even a striker?
But I've been impressed with how he seemed to be settling in more and more since he arrived.

I think this lad will play a big part in our successful push for a top four finish :)

He is a work horse like a less talented Kuyt, do not really think he is what we should have signed in the summer but will stick by him, he does work hard and runs all day and has popped up with a few goals but feel the is just something lacking there. Hope he can do something for us today as ade is a complete and utter waste of space, which is something i would not say about ade. Just not sure he was what we really needed.

He is a work horse like a less talented Kuyt, do not really think he is what we should have signed in the summer but will stick by him, he does work hard and runs all day and has popped up with a few goals but feel the is just something lacking there. Hope he can do something for us today as ade is a complete and utter waste of space, which is something i would not say about ade. Just not sure he was what we really needed.

:-"

Back