• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Some truly shocking players have played for the likes of real madrid and barca over the years, I remember the Danish guy Poulsen playing for Madrid a few years ago, so it is not only good player that get into these teams.

true, as is the reverse, not all great players move to storied clubs

Some truly shocking players have played for the likes of real madrid and barca over the years, I remember the Danish guy Poulsen playing for Madrid a few years ago, so it is not only good player that get into these teams.
Do you think of Gravesen? Poulsen played for Sevilla?

Words can't do justice to how good Alli has been in his first Premiership season - never mind as a teenager.

Simply mindboggingly stupendous.

It annoys me to see him compared to Bryan (Captain Fantastic)..................sorry couldn't stop laughing Robson. He's already got a better touch and passing ability and more importantly he doesn't tackle recklessly, so should avoid all those self-inflicted injuries Robson picked up. If he can just get a transfer to United he could be the greatest player from these islands since, Charlton, Law, Best, Crerand, Ince, Beackham, Scholes, Butt, Giggs...... be a journalist and fill in your own United player.

It annoys me to see him compared to Bryan (Captain Fantastic)..................sorry couldn't stop laughing Robson. He's already got a better touch and passing ability and more importantly he doesn't tackle recklessly, so should avoid all those self-inflicted injuries Robson picked up. If he can just get a transfer to United he could be the greatest player from these islands since, Charlton, Law, Best, Crerand, Ince, Beackham, Scholes, Butt, Giggs...... be a journalist and fill in your own United player.

“If I was playing against Alli I’d want to smash him,” Robson told the Daily Mail.

Yeah, the quote they use to title the piece is a little bit deceiving.

Robson effectively says that Alli is a bit of a wind up merchant, because of all the little tinkley things he does like kicking the ball away etc. Robson says that he'd have ended up smashing Alli because of it, but also reckons that Alli will have to watch his temper in the next few seasons as opponents look to wind him up.

Sacrilege to say that about Capt Marvel, ;) as you say he was another Utd player who was vastly overrated by the English press alongside the likes of Rooney etc.

Yeah, the quote they use to title the piece is a little bit deceiving.

Robson effectively says that Alli is a bit of a wind up merchant, because of all the little tinkley things he does like kicking the ball away etc. Robson says that he'd have ended up smashing Alli because of it, but also reckons that Alli will have to watch his temper in the next few seasons as opponents look to wind him up.

Wonderful observation Bryan, thanks for that, would never have noticed...

Bryan Robson was massively overrated. Sorry. A slightly better David Platt, and that is no compliment. That England consistently found ways to try and build a team around him, yet could not accommodate Glenn Hoddle, might explain why we were absolutely fudging pony until Bobby Robson gave Gazza a punt.

Dele Alli, if he continues, will be twice the player Robson ever was. I wouldn't even mind if they said he had a touch of the Gerrards about him (although again, Alli possesses more natural skill) but Bryan Robson? Sorry. No.

Sacrilege to say that about Capt Marvel, ;) as you say he was another Utd player who was vastly overrated by the English press alongside the likes of Rooney etc.
Ha! JUST seen this AFTER I wrote my own long-form version of your thoughts! Needless to say, agreed!

Back