• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Dele Alli was at Hemel Town vs Eastbourne last night. His best friend Harry Hickman is on loan at Hemel from MK Dons. A few pictures of him on the clubs Twitter (@hemelfc)

Stuart Pearce was also at the game too.

Like Kane this kid is definitely gonna be another one season wonder :D
Let's hope that's what everyone else thinks!

I wish ( for our sake) that he wasn't yet on the England radar but if we have CL For he next couple of years then I can't see why he would have to go elsewhere.

Phenomenal player - perhaps once in a generation? We have two of them!!!! All and Kane. Harry worked his proverbial gonads off for his success, and I know Dele has to have worked damn hard BUT he also appears to have been born with prodigious talent a la Gazza. So lucky. I mean, look at this list of geniuses in my Spurs-supporting life thus far

Hoddle
Ardiles
Waddle
Gazza
Ginola
Bale
Modric
Alli
Kane

It's a list well-worth debate, as you could certainly add Teddy, VdV, Ledley, etc, but these are simply the world class, generation-game head-turners, you know, the ones that get people like me frothing 'mercurial' and all that...

But yeah...I absolutely love Dele Alli, what a phenomenal player!

Phenomenal player - perhaps once in a generation? We have two of them!!!! All and Kane. Harry worked his proverbial cobblers off for his success, and I know Dele has to have worked damn hard BUT he also appears to have been born with prodigious talent a la Gazza. So lucky. I mean, look at this list of geniuses in my Spurs-supporting life thus far

Hoddle
Ardiles
Waddle
Gazza
Ginola
Bale
Modric
Alli
Kane

It's a list well-worth debate, as you could certainly add Teddy, VdV, Ledley, etc, but these are simply the world class, generation-game head-turners, you know, the ones that get people like me frothing 'mercurial' and all that...

I like that list Steff I really do but the one exception is Ginola, he was a good player in a crap side but world class? never.

Phenomenal player - perhaps once in a generation? We have two of them!!!! All and Kane. Harry worked his proverbial cobblers off for his success, and I know Dele has to have worked damn hard BUT he also appears to have been born with prodigious talent a la Gazza. So lucky. I mean, look at this list of geniuses in my Spurs-supporting life thus far

Hoddle
Ardiles
Waddle
Gazza
Ginola
Bale
Modric
Alli
Kane

I'd add Rafa to that list. Obviously, his post-Spurs career (and life decisions) have left a bitter taste in the mouth, but for those two seasons, he was brilliant. Always seemed to pop up in big games with a goal, had incredible skill, and made sublime passes. He was slow as brick and didn't have the longevity of the others, but I'll always have a ton of fond memories of him. He was probably just a bracket below the rest you mentioned, but he was a proper Spurs player for sure.

And Eriksen too. For someone so young, he's almost played 100 league games for us and has popped up with so many moments of magic.

Yep, swap him for Berbatov.
Berba is a great shout. I would have him there for sure.
I'd add Rafa to that list. Obviously, his post-Spurs career (and life decisions) have left a bitter taste in the mouth, but for those two seasons, he was brilliant. Always seemed to pop up in big games with a goal, had incredible skill, and made sublime passes. He was slow as brick and didn't have the longevity of the others, but I'll always have a ton of fond memories of him. He was probably just a bracket below the rest you mentioned, but he was a proper Spurs player for sure.

And Eriksen too. For someone so young, he's almost played 100 league games for us and has popped up with so many moments of magic.

Didn't we already do these debates to death in the Spurs all time XI threads :p

Ginola was amazing! It's not his fault he was head, shoulders and everything else above his team mates. He even won pfa player of the year and football writers (I think?) player of the year in the season utd done the treble he was that good! He was literally unplayable for a 4 or 5 mo th period that season, I've never seen anything like it going back to the very late 80's and to present day.

Gazza was better overall, modric fantastic, bale awesome, etc. etc. but ginola deserves to be mentioned in that company, absolutely he does.

Ginola was amazing! It's not his fault he was head, shoulders and everything else above his team mates. He even won pfa player of the year and football writers (I think?) player of the year in the season utd done the treble he was that good! He was literally unplayable for a 4 or 5 mo th period that season, I've never seen anything like it going back to the very late 80's and to present day.

Gazza was better overall, modric fantastic, bale awesome, etc. etc. but ginola deserves to be mentioned in that company, absolutely he does.

According to the people I've spoken to about that - he won it all because of a split vote for the United players such as Giggs, Scholes, Keane etc... As in theh all were voted for but it means gInola won with something like 20% of the vote

You could be right, I suppose he provided many moments of brilliance at a time when (frankly) it was dark.

As you say he was a good player in a team full of mostly over the hill, never climbed the hill players and because of that he stood out. He had some great games but he also was poor in plenty and his list of teams he played for never really included the best ones around the world. If he was as good as some ( and he) thought he was he would have been snapped up by one of them.

I was disappointed in his book when I read it, full of excuses and blaming others for his never playing for the best teams around.

According to the people I've spoken to about that - he won it all because of a split vote for the United players such as Giggs, Scholes, Keane etc... As in theh all were voted for but it means gInola won with something like 20% of the vote

Yea I heard that as well, but it doesn't fly for me. What's the thinking behind that sort of voting? "Well the three best players in the league this year are Giggs, scholes and Keane, so I'm going to vote for ginola instead"? Why would you vote ginola in that circumstance, doesn't matter if the utd players votes got split, ginola shouldn't have come in to the reckoning if everyone's voting for utd players.

As you say he was a good player in a team full of mostly over the hill, never climbed the hill players and because of that he stood out. He had some great games but he also was poor in plenty and his list of teams he played for never really included the best ones around the world. If he was as good as some ( and he) thought he was he would have been snapped up by one of them.

I was disappointed in his book when I read it, full of excuses and blaming others for his never playing for the best teams around.

You could say exactly the same about Gazza re the teams he's played for and waddle and hoddle and ardiles!

Back