• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I have read quite a few pieces about Liverpool not signing Alli.... There seems to be an assumption that he would've chosen them over us, when the opposite is actually true. Liverpool wanted to sign Alli when we got him but the player chose to come to Spurs instead of Liverpool. Admittedly Liverpool had talks about signing Alli about a year or so before we got him, but had they agreed a fee with MK Dons then I think we would've just matched that fee.

I don't think that's true Finney. Liverpool simply wouldn't pay the fee so there was never a choice to be made between them and us, we'd been monitoring the situation but it wasn't until January when Saudi Sportswashing Machine offered the asking price that we made our move.

I don't think that's true Finney. Liverpool simply wouldn't pay the fee so there was never a choice to be made between them and us, we'd been monitoring the situation but it wasn't until January when Saudi Sportswashing Machine offered the asking price that we made our move.
What I was told is that Liverpool had the chance to sign Alli about a year before we signed him, but wouldn't pay the fee. At the point when we signed him, Liverpool indicated that they would match our fee but the player wanted to come to Spurs.... This was from agent chatter however, so not necessarily the entire truth.

Wonder if the lad is reading this thread. If he is, if you are, watch this (even if you already have) :

But Dele is different, he has a hard edge to him as well as the silky skillz
Hodd could mix it up as well - he was not as fierce and feisty as Alli - and never shrinker from the regular cloggings he got. I cannot imagine what he would be capable of in this day and age of exquisite pitches and new rules making the game less physical.

What I was told is that Liverpool had the chance to sign Alli about a year before we signed him, but wouldn't pay the fee. At the point when we signed him, Liverpool indicated that they would match our fee but the player wanted to come to Spurs.... This was from agent chatter however, so not necessarily the entire truth.

I'm not one for ITK but in this instance I know this to be true. Karl Robinson at MK Dons was a youth coach at Liverpool, and also a lifelong fan. He wanted Alli to go there, but they ummed and ahhed for too long then offered half of the asking price, and Alli felt undervalued and as such believed his future lay elsewhere.

Their loss, our gain.

So far he must be thinking that he couldn't have made a better choice.
Certainly doing a great job of realising his true value and potential right now.
He really is living the dream of thousands of kids.

I'm not one for ITK but in this instance I know this to be true. Karl Robinson at MK Dons was a youth coach at Liverpool, and also a lifelong fan. He wanted Alli to go there, but they ummed and ahhed for too long then offered half of the asking price, and Alli felt undervalued and as such believed his future lay elsewhere.

Their loss, our gain.

The difference I was told was that they wanted to pay him "development wages", where as we would pay him professional wages

The impact he has had on the team in the way he plays reminds me of Gazza. Different player but for me pleas it the same way

He can do all the attacking stuff, but can also tackle and fight... And he has given the team a lift

I'm sure I heard they offered him something like £500 and we offered £4,000 a week
And worth every penny.

So £4k to £10k then to £25K at the moment according to this. Even £25K seems kinda low considering his impact on the team this season. I can see his agent knocking on Levy's door again in the not too distant future.

And worth every penny.

So £4k to £10k then to £25K at the moment according to this. Even £25K seems kinda low considering his impact on the team this season. I can see his agent knocking on Levy's door again in the not too distant future.

Why not... I would if I was him

Was debating with a West Ham friend (good guy) about Payet leaving in the summer. He said he is on £120k a week now so that's big money and then it dawned on me that that is less than Alli, Dier and Harry earn combined!!!

Scary numbers that comes from investing in youth and developing your own talent

I also heard he was very, very excited by what Poch told him. Think about what he would've seen Poch doing, heard Poch wanted to do, and then seen what was going on with Brenton. And he was right! I believe his career might've gone the Shelvey route had he gone there...

I think the truth lies somewhere between them all. It is inevitable that this story would rear up again now.

I also heard he was very, very excited by what Poch told him. Think about what he would've seen Poch doing, heard Poch wanted to do, and then seen what was going on with Brenton. And he was right! I believe his career might've gone the Shelvey route had he gone there...
Hairless?

Who do you think was worth more out of Scholes and Giggs?

It doesnt really matter. You are not gonna be able to replace them regardless of fee.

To answer your question with an actual answer Scholes.

Of course they can be replaced, not easily but they aren't irreplaceable, no player is maybe with the exception of Messi.

I think they're both likely to attract similar fees and believe me, bids will be coming, especially if they have good tournaments in France.

To answer your question with an actual answer Scholes.

Of course they can be replaced, not easily but they aren't irreplaceable, no player is maybe with the exception of Messi.

I think they're both likely to attract similar fees and believe me, bids will be coming, especially if they have good tournaments in France.

Surely, but a bid will be limited to the maximum numbers in our numbering system, and that will not be enough for Mr Levy.

We could buy Bale and Modric back for the money we'd get for Kane.
I have no doubt at all that Kane will be around for a few more years at least.

Post from a forum that I belong to - CyberEagles (http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=270371&start=23)

Information is not privileged. If not for how well I know the family I would not feel the need to respond on CE. First off, Kenny is not the type of person that will not take care of his son. He has four other children from his wife and they all go to private school in the USA. That's the kind of person we are talking about. Finances are not an issue. His wife is pleasant and would never prevent him from taking care of his son. The way he talked about Dele before Dele even played for MK Dons you would know he was a father proud of his son.

We've all known Dele was going to be a football protege barring injury so it's not like anyone was surprised by him making the premier league. We knew he was going to be good but personally I didn't know he was going to be this good maybe others did. He grew up in England with total time spent in Nigeria less than 2 years combined. His mother is British, he has British siblings. I asked him before he went to Nigeria if he would play for Nigeria, he was no more than 11, 12 then but he flat out told me his dream was to play for England. Cant fault that.

He went to Nigeria for about a year afterwards and I learnt he cried and didn't want to leave Nigeria so who knows what would have happened if he had stayed longer. All I know is he has a good if not great relationship with his father. He has been playing academy football since 8 and uprooting him from the UK was like kissing his football dream goodbye especially if it was to a country like the USA. Anyway till the day Dele says with his own mouth that his father treated him like Balotelli - Don't believe the tabloids.

Interesting - the poster is a family friend of the Allis. One has to be careful what one reads in tabloids.

Back