• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Yea I heard that as well, but it doesn't fly for me. What's the thinking behind that sort of voting? "Well the three best players in the league this year are Giggs, scholes and Keane, so I'm going to vote for ginola instead"? Why would you vote ginola in that circumstance, doesn't matter if the utd players votes got split, ginola shouldn't have come in to the reckoning if everyone's voting for utd players.

The logic is that there were 5/6 United players sharing 15% of the vote and Ginola picked up the rest

It's not that different to this year where you could argue for Mahrez, Vardy, PAyet, Kane and Toby and all pick up the same number due to it being so hard to split them

So ginola would still be a rightful winner if he got the similar votes as utd players. For example, if you get 3 votes then all 3 votes go to utd players if they were the best individually in that season, no need to vote for ginola if he wasn't as good as those guys.

IMO Ginola could've been as a good as Diego Maradona, but for one thing.... Having that real will to win. Unfortunately I think that is something that you are born with and either have or do not.

Ginola had the physique, skill, vision, awareness and execution to be a true great. However he was content to stand on the wing and wait for somebody to pass him the ball. He didn't care if his fullback was being doubled up on and he certainly wasn't going to bust a gut to get to the back post if we were attacking with the ball over on the right wing. Supremely talented and amazing to watch, but not a World class player due to his deficiencies IMO. In a way he is a bit like a better version of Chadli in that they could be up there with the best in the game but for a bit of fire in their belly.

Yea I heard that as well, but it doesn't fly for me. What's the thinking behind that sort of voting? "Well the three best players in the league this year are Giggs, scholes and Keane, so I'm going to vote for ginola instead"? Why would you vote ginola in that circumstance, doesn't matter if the utd players votes got split, ginola shouldn't have come in to the reckoning if everyone's voting for utd players.

And equally if no one Man United player could be voted for head and shoulders above then were they player of the year?

Ginola was unreal for a few season I saw him, I include the year he was at the Toon.

Barcelona wanted him in their peak...you don't play for them if you are guff..

And equally if no one Man United player could be voted for head and shoulders above then were they player of the year?

Ginola was unreal for a few season I saw him, I include the year he was at the Toon.

Barcelona wanted him in their peak...you don't play for them if you are guff..
Usually if Barcelona want a player then they tend to get him.... The fact that they didn't get Ginola perhaps shows that they didn't REALLY want him.

So, that dele alli kid is pretty good...

also, this was from an article on espnfc
Leicester are five points clear at the Premier League summit with just seven matches remaining and closest challengers Tottenham have five players in the England squad.

"We have had a chat but not about anything football-wise,'' Vardy said. "We have been talking about England and Call of Duty.

"We have not all played on it together yet, but I got informed earlier that one of the lads just camps in a corner and waits for someone to run past him so he can get him.''

I'm willing to bet that's alli.

According to the people I've spoken to about that - he won it all because of a split vote for the United players such as Giggs, Scholes, Keane etc... As in theh all were voted for but it means gInola won with something like 20% of the vote

Isn't the logic that everyone in the United dressing room voted for Ginola as they cant vote for their own players, whereas in the Tottenham dressing room the votes went to giggs/scholes/keane.
And any player out there who didn't like United would have voted for Ginola where any player who was fond of United's votes would have been split.
This was from an era when United players kept together in a clique at England squads and refused to talk about Ferguson and what he did.

Isn't the logic that everyone in the United dressing room voted for Ginola as they cant vote for their own players, whereas in the Tottenham dressing room the votes went to giggs/scholes/keane.
And any player out there who didn't like United would have voted for Ginola where any player who was fond of United's votes would have been split.
This was from an era when United players kept together in a clique at England squads and refused to talk about Ferguson and what he did.

No idea

So, that dele alli kid is pretty good...

also, this was from an article on espnfc

I'm willing to bet that's alli.

Anyone who plays COD can tell you that is a very pricky way to play. Rather than going out and having fun you sit down in a corner and wait for a few miniutes till someone comes along. Have never understoof how people can do that and not get bored :p

Anyone who plays COD can tell you that is a very pricky way to play. Rather than going out and having fun you sit down in a corner and wait for a few miniutes till someone comes along. Have never understoof how people can do that and not get bored :p
It's about winning. :)

It's about winning. :)

Never thought of it that way... It's been suggested that Alli has the ruthless streak we've all been looking for. Is it possible that we might not only overtake Leicester City thanks to that ruthlessness but do the unthinkable and complete a PL and COD Championships double??

I joke of course.. And for what its worth I actually imagine it would be Walker who camps. :p Fast paced and attacking on the pitch, sat back waiting for ya on the PlayStation.

So, Alli is a human afterall ! He was the best player for England against Germany and could have scored atleast 1 goal ! But never thought he will miss the open goal like that ! I guess his lack of experience in international matches maybe played a part in that miss.

Last edited:
As you say he was a good player in a team full of mostly over the hill, never climbed the hill players and because of that he stood out. He had some great games but he also was poor in plenty and his list of teams he played for never really included the best ones around the world. If he was as good as some ( and he) thought he was he would have been snapped up by one of them.

I was disappointed in his book when I read it, full of excuses and blaming others for his never playing for the best teams around.

I could never buy into all the love for Ginola, he had a lot of talent and flair and was at his best for Saudi Sportswashing Machine. To me he never seemed to grasp the idea that centreforwards want the ball early, I loss count of the number of times one of our players would gain a yard on a defender only for "Davide" to want to beat the fullback again and the chance go begging.

Ginola was incredible, the deficiencies in his performances with us were mostly down to the ineptitude of his teammates.

He obviously has a pretty decent goals reel but the highlights don't show the amount of great crosses he put in for Ferdinand/Armstrong/Iversen et al to not bother attacking or the amount of triangles he manufactured only to not receive the return.

He wouldn't have looked out of place in any team as he was technically so good, maybe you can question his desire to play for bigger more successful clubs but maybe he was just happy with what he had.

Ginola was incredible, the deficiencies in his performances with us were mostly down to the ineptitude of his teammates.

He obviously has a pretty decent goals reel but the highlights don't show the amount of great crosses he put in for Ferdinand/Armstrong/Iversen et al to not bother attacking or the amount of triangles he manufactured only to not receive the return.

He wouldn't have looked out of place in any team as he was technically so good, maybe you can question his desire to play for bigger more successful clubs but maybe he was just happy with what he had.

Some truly shocking players have played for the likes of real madrid and barca over the years, I remember the Danish guy Poulsen playing for Madrid a few years ago, so it is not only good player that get into these teams.

I could never buy into all the love for Ginola, he had a lot of talent and flair and was at his best for Saudi Sportswashing Machine. To me he never seemed to grasp the idea that centreforwards want the ball early, I loss count of the number of times one of our players would gain a yard on a defender only for "Davide" to want to beat the fullback again and the chance go begging.

Yep, he was loved by some fans but never as much as he loved himself and if you read his book you will see what I mean.

Back