• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

I agree that Stellini isn't a good coach. But we are where we are mate.... having sacked two of the most highly reputable Managers in world football and sitting with an interim coach with some 10 games left to save our season.

Target booing a player doesn't happen every week or even every season... it's a cheap way of expressing frustration for something that has failed over a long time. That's when you need to look at the wider issue rather than a tactical failure during a match.

Why didn't the crowd boo Stellini, why target Sanchez? (I think there are other wider issues there too, but we won't go into that).

Was it right to target boo Sanchez today?
It’s never right to boo a player
It’s counter productive and daft IMO
Telling someone their brick doesn’t make them better
Demanding someone to get out of my club… when they own it won’t make them go
Jeering a manager as stubborn as conte or even Mounrinho will only make them double down on their way or no way
We as fans are actually guests of the club when we attend. We are paying customers who they invite in for exchange of a chunk of cash
But it’s not theatre or a concert where it’s predictable… although spurs are bloody predictable I think our fans would agree
But you can’t fix a negative thing by being more negative.
Levy as part owner and CEO has a huge amount of things to fix now. It’s on him
But… he isn’t responsible for the brick show on the pitch. That’s the players and coach in charge today

Jeering a manager as stubborn as conte or even Mounrinho will only make them double down on their way or no way
We as fans are actually guests of the club when we attend. We are paying customers who they invite in for exchange of a chunk of cash
But it’s not theatre or a concert where it’s predictable… although spurs are bloody predictable I think our fans would agree
But… he isn’t responsible for the brick show on the pitch. That’s the players and coach in charge today
It's mostly on the coach. When you have that many players performing badly it's a systemic issue. But Levy has appointed the coach so the buck must stop with him, even if he is not directly responsible for the poor performance.

It's mostly on the coach. When you have that many players performing badly it's a systemic issue. But Levy has appointed the coach so the buck must stop with him, even if he is not directly responsible for the poor performance.
I agree
But he isn’t the one who can change
The guy he appoints to set the team up is
If all went wrong today with losing Lenglet… a player a lot think it’s crap (he isn’t as shown with his pass for the goal)
We are screwed now unless we change the system
I’m not convinced we can play Porro and Perisic in a back 4 but we don’t have an alternative
I’d play with with a 3 in midfield though

I agree with everything you just said... Apart from the fact that IMO Levy has had enough time to fix things. I wouldn't underestimate the power of the fans to demand change at the very top.

Levy and his family personally own about 25% share in Spurs, so he can be replaced. He has been solely in charge of running the club as CEO. He has ultimately been a failure as CEO of the football club. As achieving ONE trophy (the lowest ranked trophy) in 20 years of leadership is, in my book, a failure. He needs to be held accountable for that.

The only time we have been truely competitive in those 20 years are the 5 years under Poch. That's really bad leadership.

It doesn't really matter who the next managerial appointment is under Levy as nothing will change. We have reached a juncture where replacing Levy is the only way forward.

Some right sanctimonious people in this thread. We should only cheer players, how's that worked last 5 years with Sanchez.

The guy is worse then useless, I appreciate a lot of you have built up an image in your heads of how you want the world to see you. I'm sure it gives your lives an extra sense of meaning.

I'm only sad we get searched going into games. As I would take rotten vegetables to my next home match and throw it in the general direction of Sanchez and Dier. Disgusting footballers.

Believe me I feel even worse towards the board. Let's go back to punts from the championship and academy players and attacking football.

I agree with everything you just said... Apart from the fact that IMO Levy has had enough time to fix things. I wouldn't underestimate the power of the fans to demand change at the very top.

Levy and his family personally own about 25% share in Spurs, so he can be replaced. He has been solely in charge of running the club as CEO. He has ultimately been a failure as CEO of the football club. As achieving ONE trophy (the lowest ranked trophy) in 20 years of leadership is, in my book, a failure. He needs to be held accountable for that.

The only time we have been truely competitive in those 20 years are the 5 years under Poch. That's really bad leadership.

It doesn't really matter who the next managerial appointment is under Levy as nothing will change. We have reached a juncture where replacing Levy is the only way forward.
No we need new owners in their entirety
That’s gonna take someone with huge pockets
And those guys don’t grow on trees

and you, yourself have highlighted how it was positive under Poch . It can change even under Levy

but for us to be the next tier we need deeper pockets from our owners

Some right sanctimonious people in this thread. We should only cheer players, how's that worked last 5 years with Sanchez.

The guy is worse then useless, I appreciate a lot of you have built up an image in your heads of how you want the world to see you. I'm sure it gives your lives an extra sense of meaning.

I'm only sad we get searched going into games. As I would take rotten vegetables to my next home match and throw it in the general direction of Sanchez and Dier. Disgusting footballers.

Believe me I feel even worse towards the board. Let's go back to punts from the championship and academy players and attacking football.
When did you last go, out of curiosity?

Agreed, although I don’t blame Sanchez. In fact, I feel sorry for him. He’s been out of his depth since day one here and should have been sold seasons ago.

The thing is when Poch became Manager, we had older players on big contracts who stuck out the place, just like we do now.

But we managed to get rid of them by making it clear they weren't good enough and weren't going to play.

But we've stopped being honestly ruthless. Spurs has become a lovely place to work and stay. You'll get a game if you're patient and train had. Crap players do still train hard.

We (the club) care more about our image than what's needed to succeed on the pitch.

I thought Mourinho and Conte would have been ruthless, but they both are egotistical and cared more about their own image, they didn't take the job seriously. Only Poch took it seriously but Levy screwed him, as Levy has become just as egotistical as the last two Managers. It's the company you keep I suppose...

It's the fans who ultimately suffered.

The thing is when Poch became Manager, we had older players on big contracts who stuck out the place, just like we do now.

But we managed to get rid of them by making it clear they weren't good enough and weren't going to play.

But we've stopped being honestly ruthless. Spurs has become a lovely place to work and stay. You'll get a game if you're patient and train had. Crap players do still train hard.

We (the club) care more about our image than what's needed to succeed on the pitch.

I thought Mourinho and Conte would have been ruthless, but they both are egotistical and cared more about their own image, they didn't take the job seriously. Only Poch took it seriously but Levy screwed him, as Levy has become just as egotistical as the last two Managers. It's the company you keep I suppose...

It's the fans who ultimately suffered.
Isn’t that exactly what’s happened with the likes of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Reguilon, Winks, Rodon, Doherty, etc etc all being effectively booted out on loan or contracts cancelled?

the trouble is recruitment and after a good year or so I fear we have another one in Porro.

Isn’t that exactly what’s happened with the likes of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Reguilon, Winks, Rodon, Doherty, etc etc all being effectively booted out on loan or contracts cancelled?

the trouble is recruitment and after a good year or so I fear we have another one in Porro.

+Aurier to that list

- The issue is no one outside the PL has any money, so unless we expect the club to cancel 12 contracts it's a bitch

Re Porro, where are all the "just pay the release clause" "back the manager" people now?

Very early to judge porro
But our best recruitment has been younger, hungrier players
Our high cost ones have generally been a flop proportionate to the investment

+Aurier to that list

- The issue is no one outside the PL has any money, so unless we expect the club to cancel 12 contracts it's a bitch

Re Porro, where are all the "just pay the release clause" "back the manager" people now?
Yeah it's not the fans who are doing the recruitment though and I doubt the club take much stock in what the fans say. By the time we are at the "pay the release fee" you would have thought the scouting ihas been done, then the criticism is often rightly switched to how long it has taken to get transfers over the line. Something that has hamstrung managers in the past. We have been in a mess with recruitment, especially young emerging talent, for some time now, that is from the top all the way to the manager and scouting team. It looked to be improving under Paratici but it was still early days.

Last edited:
Th
+Aurier to that list

That's the problem. The European market has collapsed and either our deadwood arent good enough for ANY PL team or their wages are just too high for the clubs that might take them.
Ndombelly would be an example of that.

Back