• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Regardless of whether he is not good enough, fans should never boo their own players. He may be on big money but the guy still has feelings and that today was disgusting, that is not how you treat people. I have never been so embarrassed to be a Spurs fan as i am today. No excuse what so ever. The fans that booed do not deserve to support this club.
Great Post...

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I'll admit I've been saying ardently on this forum that Sanchez and Dier are the the first two players who need to be sold ASAP, inorder for this club to move forward.

HOWEVER, those who target boo one of OUR players, and also those who jump on that bandwagon and copy booing, are scummy paying visitors to our stadium (I can't even call them Fans).

By all means boo a performance, or grown and moan. But target booing a player is shameful and crass. It only embarrasses the reputation of the club and the fans.

All the failings demonstrated by Sanchez and Dier lay solely at the feet of Levy. But by booing the player that inept Chairman of THFC gets away with it again.

Truely embarrassing and shameful today...

I'll admit I've been saying ardently on this forum that Sanchez and Dier are the the first two players who need to be sold ASAP, inorder for this club to move forward.

HOWEVER, those who target boo one of OUR players, and also those who jump on that bandwagon and copy booing, are scummy paying visitors to our stadium (I can't even call them Fans).

By all means boo a performance, or grown and moan. But target booing a player is shameful and crass. It only embarrasses the reputation of the club and the fans.

All the failings demonstrated by Sanchez and Dier lay solely at the feet of Levy. But by booing the player that inept Chairman of THFC gets away with it again.

Truely embarrassing and shameful today...
No blame on the managers that play them when others are available or coming up with another system so they are not needed?

You can bet your bottom dollar those type of fans are in the pub patting themselves on the back for a job well done.

Some of our fans need to look in the mirror TBH

Totally mate. It’s not normal behaviour. I get being frustrated and I even get it when fans berate players for bad play even if it’s a bit OTT at times. But to wilfully engage in an action that would harm our chances of winning a game….

No blame on the managers that play them when others are available or coming up with another system so they are not needed?

Look at our bench today, when Lenget got injured it was a choice between Sanchez and Tanganga.... Seriously.

Failings of Management and Recruitment, ultimately lay with Levy (especially if it's a longevity issue rather than a one off issue).

Look at our bench today, when Lenget got injured it was a choice between Sanchez and Tanganga.... Seriously.

Failings of Management and Recruitment, ultimately lay with Levy (especially if it's a longevity issue rather than a one off issue).
And I have defended the board to an extent but our fan's, bizarrely, despite being all over the net calling out the board shownup as 25 strong to call for their head....Next week in the ground a ton of them booing Sanchez. I mean you couldn't make it up. If people really want change, do something about it to where the problems lie, don't be cnuts and target players who didn't purchase themselves or award themselves contracts.

So change the system
Or don’t move players out of position
It’s being tactically weak that hurts us so many times

Again your targeting the interim management, and implying condemnation of the Player targeting is ok...rather than blaming the senior leadership....LEVY.
Levy isn’t picking these players to play in a system that doesn’t work
Levy so far from perfect but the coaches pick the team and the formation

What happened on the pitch today is nothing new.... It's the legacy of Levy.

What happened in the stands is down to a bunch of idiots who don't understand the bigger picture.

Levy isn’t picking these players to play in a system that doesn’t work
Levy so far from perfect but the coaches pick the team and the formation
And what with everyone claiming Levy is tight and that he doesn’t spend enough money, i doubt Sanchez was a club signing aswell as Ndombele. I would imagine if he was tight he would steer clear of signing these big money players.

Sanchez was bought for when we pressed high up the pitch and consequently played a high line. The thought being that his pace would mean he could make a recovery tackle if the high line was breached. he's not really a sit back and soak up pressure type defender. He has had good games and bad ones. Some very good and some very bad. For a while he played well alongside Vertonghen and under Late Poch and Mourinho, with Dier

We need an upgrade but imho while he is no Ledley or Vertonghen he is better than most of the 90s and early noughties CBs like Ramon Vega, Anthony Gardner or Gary Doherty. He needs a good partner beside him and an effective screening DM in front of him.

Last edited:
And who picks the Coaches?
The chairman and the DOF i hope
We have sacked the coach who was in place because he was a taco
The guy who is temporary cover so failing
But if you think levy is choosing Sanchez of come on your off your head
A good coach (stellini isn’t one) would have multiple ways of playing for a start

And what with everyone claiming Levy is tight and that he doesn’t spend enough money, i doubt Sanchez was a club signing aswell as Ndombele. I would imagine if he was tight he would steer clear of signing these big money players.
You would hope so

The chairman and the DOF i hope
We have sacked the coach who was in place because he was a taco
The guy who is temporary cover so failing
But if you think levy is choosing Sanchez of come on your off your head
A good coach (stellini isn’t one) would have multiple ways of playing for a start

I agree that Stellini isn't a good coach. But we are where we are mate.... having sacked two of the most highly reputable Managers in world football and sitting with an interim coach with some 10 games left to save our season.

Target booing a player doesn't happen every week or even every season... it's a cheap way of expressing frustration for something that has failed over a long time. That's when you need to look at the wider issue rather than a tactical failure during a match.

Why didn't the crowd boo Stellini, why target Sanchez? (I think there are other wider issues there too, but we won't go into that).

Was it right to target boo Sanchez today?

Back