• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

It's being one of the best in the world at what you do. How many "one of" equates to, is debatable.

Top 10-20 for your position seems very reasonable to me.
That’s again part of the debate
For me it would be who would make that all star game of 11 vs 11

Guarantee he's going to be labelled a spacegoat when the reality is that he isn't good enough and that is on show pretty much every time he plays.

Before anyone says it, yes Romero was brick today, and Porro was too. But Romero is often quality and Pedro is settling in and has at least recently shown form that convinced the club to enlist his services.

Booing him doesn't help and if he cries himself to sleep tonight that's sad, but he's still getting an incredible wedge whilst essentially being incompetent. Would you cheer a bus driver that repeatedly veered the bus off course in to a tree? If anyone cheered Sanchez when he made a pass or controlled the ball there'd be criticism of fans being mean / sarcastic.

The first goal wasn't his fault but his involvement sums up his time at the club. This guy used to play for Ajax for fudges sake. The lack of ability / confidence has a massive impact on the team in my opinion, the players have to have faith in each other and he plays like a fan who has won a competition to have a go on the pitch.

It's not fun actively disliking a Spurs player, I don't think anyone can criticize him for a lack of effort but he is not at the level required. The way we do business I see a loan for a season and then presumably paying him to leave. It's hurting his career by staying here and putting in performances like that and it hurts our ability to play football when he's on the pitch.

Last edited:
Feel for the guy, bang out of order booing your own players, shame on those in the ground doing it today.

i had a season ticket throughout the 90’s and had plenty of opportunities to boo players 10 times worse than Sanchez but never felt the need to. Embarrassing from our “support”
Heard the booing on the telly, that's pathetic from our fans. Doesn't do any good for either Sanchez or Spurs.

Deserved, needs to leave the club în the summer. He stole enough wages until now.

What an absolute dingdonghead comment. ‘Stole wages’ he fudging turns up for training, trains hard, and gives his best. He never hides, he just isn’t good enough for us. That’s not his fault. Blame the people who keep picking him. If I’d been there today and someone had been actively abusing him near me, I’d have had a fudging word.

As brick as he was and is it really can’t help

Someone somewhere is no doubt going to tell me I should ‘account for the fact people are upset at the result’ etc. etc…it’s gonadS! I despise these witch hunts. Boo at the end of the game, fine, we’re all disappointed and if that helps, whatever, fill your boots. But individual targetted agenda flimflam? Nah. People who believe in that can do one.

If we are on 60 grand a week, which is Conservative considering the fee we signed him for. He will have made 18m out of us.
And if you were offered 60 grand a week I'm sure you'd turn around and say "Sorry, but I'm not good enough, pay me 1k a week and play me with the U23s".
He gives 100% (many didn't today and all season) and that's all you can ask of any player, if they're not good enough then it's up to the club to ensure that he isn't needed to play.

Someone somewhere is no doubt going to tell me I should ‘account for the fact people are upset at the result’ etc. etc…it’s gonad*S! I despise these witch hunts. Boo at the end of the game, fine, we’re all disappointed and if that helps, whatever, fill your boots. But individual targetted agenda flimflam? Nah. People who believe in that can do one.
We tried to stop it in my section but it was to no avail

And if you were offered 60 grand a week I'm sure you'd turn around and say "Sorry, but I'm not good enough, pay me 1k a week and play me with the U23s".
He gives 100% (many didn't today and all season) and that's all you can ask of any player, if they're not good enough then it's up to the club to ensure that he isn't needed to play.
I agree with anyone trying hard deserves some slack but he is much better than what we have seen this season
Unfortunately he will Never be good enough but hey that’s on us for signing him

Back