• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

You may not get a trophy for it but to my mind qualifying for the CL by finising top four in the PL is frankly a much greater achievement than winning a domestic cup.
Are you an accountant by any chance? I don't suppose the word "glory" resonates with you. Does coming 4th and winning nothing make you proud? For me a cup win is special...or rather it would be if the club gave a flying fudge about it.

Apologies my good man, it was @Baleforce who said if you play international football you are World Class.

You names both begin with 'B' so you both look the same to me :D
Hey for what it’s worth …
IMO to be world class you have to be able to get in one side of an 11 vs 11 team
I know that’s debatable, but that the point

IMO to be world class you have to be able to get in one side of an 11 vs 11 team

One problem with that rationale is that most teams nowadays only play with one central striker. I am not sure all of Kane, Lewandowski, Haaland and Benzema would make either 11, even though all 4 are world class.

In the same vein there are more than 2 world class keepers which means at least one would not make the team. I am sure the same applies in other positions, particularly midfield.

But I agree, as to who is world class is definitely debatable.

So 2 world-class players per position, roughly?

For me, there are at least 5-6 world class players per position that I can easily name off the top of my head, so I think roughly 10 players can be world-class in any given position. Pretty much agree with @NaijaSpurs, but it's an interesting debate as you say.
For strikers (in no particular order):
Kane (duh)
Haaland
Lewandowski
Mbappe
Benzema

Not even counting Messi and Ronaldo. Osihmen might make the list, and players like Lukaku are a bit inconsistent despite generally being pretty good (which IMO makes him not world class).

For me, there are at least 5-6 world class players per position that I can easily name off the top of my head, so I think roughly 10 players can be world-class in any given position. Pretty much agree with @NaijaSpurs, but it's an interesting debate as you say.
For strikers (in no particular order):
Kane (duh)
Haaland
Lewandowski
Mbappe
Benzema

Not even counting Messi and Ronaldo. Osihmen might make the list, and players like Lukaku are a bit inconsistent despite generally being pretty good (which IMO makes him not world class).
But that’s the debate and discussion
Its why I think my logic is right
Doesn’t mean we have to agree on who is in that team
That’s the fun part

That’s the fun part
Right, I never implied that anyone here is right or wrong, hence why I said it's an interesting debate. Was just asking genuinely if it came down to exactly two players.

That’s the fun part

It's being one of the best in the world at what you do. How many "one of" equates to, is debatable.

Top 10-20 for your position seems very reasonable to me.

For me, there are at least 5-6 world class players per position that I can easily name lo⁰⁰⁰0off the top of my head, so I think roughly 10 players can be world-class in any given position. Pretty much agree with @NaijaSpurs, but it's an interesting debate as you say.
For strikers (in no particular or⁰ppder):
Kane (duh)
Haaland
Lewandowski
Mbappe
Benzema

I definitely agree with you re Osimhen, although I did not mention Mbappe because more often than not he does not play through the centre, but rather prefers the left of a front 3, just like Mane and Vincious Junior all of whom I would suggest are world class.

Back