• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

I actually feel sorry for him here, barely had a sniff in ages then gets drafted in to play in a game where quite clearly there was a lot wrong with team selection - he didn’t play well by any stretch but management needs to be the focus of our ire not the individuals that made up the team imo

Someone pointed out that every single season since 16/17, all our FA Cup exits have come with a defense of Eric Dier, Davinson Sanchez, and sometimes Ben Davies.

Every single one. Every single year.

And let me remind you, in that time, our other center backs were - Jan Vertonghen, Toby Alderweireld, Kevin Wimmer, Juan Foyth, Joe Rodon, Japhet Tanganga, Cristian Romero and Clement Lenglet.

Eric Dier. Davinson Sanchez. Ben Davies.

Start these useless bombscares, win nothing - these men will always let you down, and always, always will.

Nothing new under the sun - I saw that defense and knew we would struggle.
But it was yet again a spineless attack that did nothing
It’s a other away game in the cup with no shots of note

If it's as difficult for him to play at this level he should not be a professional footballer.

To be fair to the lad, when he came in for a run of games last season and this season, he did well. You even had the statisticians quoting the amount of games we went without conceding with him playing because, like Stellini and Conte, correlation must equal causation to those people. But to be fair to Sanchez, he did pretty well.

But when you’re playing one game every few months, no matter who you are, that’s not easy. And Sanchez looks awkward at the best of times so when he’s having a mare, he looks like a pub player.

He was awful tonight but I would cut him some slack.

To be fair to the lad, when he came in for a run of games last season and this season, he did well. You even had the statisticians quoting the amount of games we went without conceding with him playing because, like Stellini and Conte, correlation must equal causation to those people. But to be fair to Sanchez, he did pretty well.

But when you’re playing one game every few months, no matter who you are, that’s not easy. And Sanchez looks awkward at the best of times so when he’s having a mare, he looks like a pub player.

He was awful tonight but I would cut him some slack.

he misjudged a lot tonight, but was also on the wrong end of a couple of terrible refereeing decisions late on

He probably earns more than that entire SU side put together and can't mange one game in three months? I think you're being far too fair to this waste of air.
He's been thrown in with a left side that has never played together, Porro that has looked dodgy and is settling into the league and an erratic Moura coming back from injury.
He needed Royal beside him for some stability and defensive cover. We all know what Sanchez is, but the blame lays with Conte and Stellini for selecting that left hand side.

Not his fault he doesn’t have match practice but he needs to go. Has always been too shaky on the ball and just looks even more nervous with each passing season. Pay up his contract like we did with Doherty and get someone who can kick a ball. Hasn’t done anything positive for years bar a brief purple patch last season.

He's been thrown in with a left side that has never played together, Porro that has looked dodgy and is settling into the league and an erratic Moura coming back from injury.
He needed Royal beside him for some stability and defensive cover. We all know what Sanchez is, but the blame lays with Conte and Stellini for selecting that left hand side.
The more you think about it, you have to question going Moura, Porro and Sanchez down one side, that's the trifector there. Moura who is being released at the end of the season hardly playing, Porro who had the biggest debut to forget in the history of the game and Sanchez who is notorious to need games and confidence like the end of last season.

Conte and Stel soiled the bed there

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

We have averaged 3 shots a game in these cup defeats
THREE
It’s not just the defence that’s the issue
This is arrogant. If you are playing away in the cup to any team that have raised their game, then 3 shots might be all you get, and if you don't score then you better make sure you battle out a clean sheet and take it back to your ground/pens. The team we put out was arrogant, and the reason so many teams hate us is because we're arrogant - we give it the big 'un but we don't back it up.

The more you think about it, you have to question going Moura, Porro and Sanchez down one side, that's the trifector there. Moura who is being released at the end of the season hardly playing, Porro who had the biggest debut to forget in the history of the game and Sanchez who is notorious to need games and confidence like the end of last season.

Conte and Stel soiled the bed there

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk
Woodgate Real Madrid!

Sanchez was not the reason we lost YET another cup game, the reason we lost is that ONCE again we fudged up by making too many changes in the hope that it would have been good enough to beat a team who could be back in the Prem next season.

It happens because we seem to think that because we are playing a team in a lower Div we do not have to play our better players and instead throw out a team we far too many changes. To be honest its about time we take these games more seriously.

Sanchez was not the reason we lost YET another cup game, the reason we lost is that ONCE again we fudged up by making too many changes in the hope that it would have been good enough to beat a team who could be back in the Prem next season.

It happens because we seem to think that because we are playing a team in a lower Div we do not have to play our better players and instead throw out a team we far too many changes. To be honest its about time we take these games more seriously.

Why do you think we make these changes, without fail, every season?

Every manager we have had for about two decades has treated the cups as a distraction while focusing on the Top 4, mate - why do you think that is, and who do you think is incentivizing them to throw these cup ties away like this?

Why do you think we make these changes, without fail, every season?

Every manager we have had for about two decades has treated the cups as a distraction while focusing on the Top 4, mate - why do you think that is, and who do you think is incentivizing them to throw these cup ties away like this?

Well unlike you i do not have a crystal ball or a hate for Levy that you immerse yourself in so i can not be as sure as you try to be.:D

The players we had starting should've been good enough though. Yes, we have been playing better in the league recently but overall, we've had a lot of poor performances even with our starters throughout this season. The fixture list is getting congested too so I actually think it was fine for the management to rest a few key players.

Maybe the question is that of mentality of all our players. Perhaps they decided collectively and individually, subconsciously, not to work hard enough against lesser opposition. Across the board, the entire team more or less was poor yesterday. I don't think it's fair to spacegoat Sanchez either, but he was definitely not great. I don't think it's unfair to say he was one of the worst performers but I think we all should know/accept that he can be hot or cold depending on the situation.

If I had to pick a team to lose last night it would have been that, could only have made it more certain by including Tanganga. I don't believe we only had 3 shots in the game Son and Moura crashed the balls into their plays many times or was that 3 on target? I cant think of a game when I have been so angry, even before a ball was kicked and I'm laid back about losing games, I feel really sorry for the little 8 year old who was taken to his first away game last night.

Well unlike you i do not have a crystal ball or a hate for Levy that you immerse yourself in so i can not be as sure as you try to be.:D

Well, go ahead, give me your guess mate. What is it that causes us to deprioritize cup games? I have my view which you know, but curious what your explanation is.

The players we had starting should've been good enough though. Yes, we have been playing better in the league recently but overall, we've had a lot of poor performances even with our starters throughout this season. The fixture list is getting congested too so I actually think it was fine for the management to rest a few key players.

Maybe the question is that of mentality of all our players. Perhaps they decided collectively and individually, subconsciously, not to work hard enough against lesser opposition. Across the board, the entire team more or less was poor yesterday. I don't think it's fair to spacegoat Sanchez either, but he was definitely not great. I don't think it's unfair to say he was one of the worst performers but I think we all should know/accept that he can be hot or cold depending on the situation.

I can not really disagree with you on that, however its the number of changes we made and the disruption it caused to our recent performances and IF it was a one off i could accept it more. However our cup failures over the years have usually been after we have made that number of changes to the team.

As for Sanchez we did not lose because of him as all the team have to take responibilty ( along with the management) for such a poor performance. Make changes when needed for sure but that many and it usually when we play a lesser ( so called) team is a habit we have been doing for years.

Back