• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

So at what point do we draw the line with the gradual dismantling of the team which finished 2nd? And after how many departures to others realise that we have no ambition and ask to leave themselves? Will selling Rose to Man U mean that Dier then asks to leave? What about Eriksen, Dele, Toby and Kane? No player of that calibre wants to scraper for a top 4 finish - they want to win things. Once it becomes apparent that that isn't what our priority then the floodgates open

Our best players will leave. You just have to get used to it and hope we find decent replacements and somehow remain competitive. Also its best to sell the least important and easier to replace first and try to hang on to the best ones as long as possible. One by one they will go

In an interview with Talksport on Wednesday, Mauricio Pochettino failed to rule out selling Danny Rose should an offer come in for the Tottenham Hotspur left-back.

However, the Spurs head coach stressed his club are not one that 'needs money', having already recouped around £50 million from Emirates Marketing Project for Kyle Walker.

Reports this week have linked Rose with moves to Manchester United (Daily Mirror) and Chelsea (Sun), but when asked if Tottenham would be able to hold on to him, Pochettino replied: "Like I said before... the decision is always up to us: sell (the) player or not.

"That is another rumour (like there) was before with Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Danny, Hugo (Lloris), Toby Alderweireld... many, many players.
ever, the Spurs head coach stressed his club are not one that 'needs money', having already recouped around £50 million from Emirates Marketing Project for Kyle Walker.

"Then we only decide to sell Kyle to Emirates Marketing Project, for different reasons, but I think that we are not a club that need(s) money... to sell. That is rumour and if an offer arrives we’ll see what happens."

Despite Walker's departure last month, Tottenham remain the only Premier League side not to add to their squad ahead of the new season, which begins for Spurs at Saudi Sportswashing Machine on Sunday.

And selling Rose would leave the Londoners with little time to find a replacement, with Pochettino already seeking additions elsewhere.

Nevertheless, the impressive form of 20-year-old left-back Anthony Georgiu this pre-season would perhaps give Tottenham some comfort were Rose to move on

Well, I'd be super-surprised if we sold Rose. I think we're just in that 'dark-arts' moment when other clubs are trying to unsettle players, especially the Prem teams. And if we did even think about Rose to Utd, I imagine Luke Shaw would be coming in the other direction. Much rather have Rose though. This is a strange window. I don't like it.

Our best players will leave. You just have to get used to it and hope we find decent replacements and somehow remain competitive. Also its best to sell the least important and easier to replace first and try to hang on to the best ones as long as possible. One by one they will go

Why will they leave us?

more money, trophies

not right now, but eventually they will be tempted away

I agree that may happen if we continue to fail to win anything. There is not much we can do about players wanting a bigger pay packet ( not at this time anyway) but winning something HAS to be a influence on players wanting to stay.

If we end up as runners up again ( top four) next summer with no trophys ( again) then i fear we will lose more players.

Some Spurs fans saying Spurs have no ambition... With fans like those, who needs enemies. I read the insults Spurs fans have been throwing at the club, Poch and Levy. Come on guys- get behind your team.

It does feel like some fans are almost waiting on any bad news to vindicate their warped view of the club. Looking for any rumour of either too-small/cheap a player about to come or a good player not coming.
Where is their joy?
Why can they not exult in us being in the strongest position for years, in the lifetimes of many Spurs fans?

Some Spurs fans saying Spurs have no ambition... With fans like those, who needs enemies. I read the insults Spurs fans have been throwing at the club, Poch and Levy. Come on guys- get behind your team.

Yep, it feels like there plenty with their knives out.

Doom and gloom, a 'disastrous' window (which isn't even shut) is the be all and end all.

No longer term view at all.

So at what point do we draw the line with the gradual dismantling of the team which finished 2nd? And after how many departures to others realise that we have no ambition and ask to leave themselves? Will selling Rose to Man U mean that Dier then asks to leave? What about Eriksen, Dele, Toby and Kane? No player of that calibre wants to scraper for a top 4 finish - they want to win things. Once it becomes apparent that that isn't what our priority then the floodgates open

There is no dismantling.

We've sold one player, that, by all accounts, the manager was happy to sanction.

No ambition? I take it you've not seen the massive fudging stadium emerging from the ground?

That interview is why Poch is great.
Perfect balance. Everyone has a price- everyone (see Neymar).
And noone is bigger than the team (see Neymar!).

We don't need to sell. We will choose to sell if the conditions are right - right fee and plan to mitigate the loss. But no player should get comfortable enough that he thinks he can demand anything or doesn't have to work for his place.
Decisions are made for Tottenham Hotspur, not a player. And Poch will know that applies to him too.

Rumours tonight that Rose has gone public on wanting out :(

Interview all over the papers tomorrow.

Complaining about our transfer strategy apparently.

Guess he is also the player referred to in this article:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...the-others-scrambling-for-their-cheque-books/

So, who are the weak links then? Which players does he think aren't good enough? The problem with footballers is that they're a bit simple. We have outperformed United for two seasons now despite spending a fraction of what they do.

Maybe ties in with Poch going public again, about players coming in.
Definitely do not want to see him go, and especially to another PL team. Him and KW, in one window, would be unforgivable, on everyone's part, imo.let's see

So, who are the weak links then? Which players does he think aren't good enough? The problem with footballers is that they're a bit simple. We have outperformed United for two seasons now despite spending a fraction of what they do.
It's all just nonsense rather than admitting the truth, which is more money.

I'm not going to click on the Sun link to check for myself, but I saw mentioned somewhere else that it could be Coutinho.

Not all our players will be as patient as some of the fans are with regards to relying on youth and making minimal moves in the market - especially older players with less time on their side, they want to see their ambitions met and don't want to wait two three years to maybe start seeing the fruits of the stadium coming through - just hope we get Alderweireld tied down otherwise we'll really be in trouble and firmly back to the bottom of the fudging chasing pack again

Back