• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Why? I genuinely foresee this happening. Rose is a feisty character and a northern lad. He will look at the Walker deal and fancy a bit of a Emirates Marketing Project and doubling his wages.

And he now knows how he can go about achieving that. Fall out with Poch and you get your wish.

This isn't a flippant reaction honesty, I just genuinely don't see Rose at the club when the summer window shuts in 2018.

It's good that we have your soothsaying and mind-reading abilities here to ease the shock of what is to come in future.

Would getting £40m for him and getting Luke Shaw in return be the worst deal?

Does it matter if he is sold? We'll get top dollar for him. He has been injured for a long time. We have no idea what he will be like when he gets back.

Also I now accept that we will be losing players ever season. Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Alderweireld will all probably go in the next few seasons. Once I accepted it, I can enjoy what we have now.

Lets not forget how things once were and how good things are now.

Broken record rime.
It's down to the player.

If Rose wanted to go to Manchester then £40m+ + Shaw would be a great idea (Davies might have something to say about this) and IF Shaw wanted to come here.

Shaw to Lpool ........just a feeling

Selling Rose would be a stupid mistake. We've already sold the best RB in England. Let's not compound the error by selling the best LB.

Who made Rose into the best full backs in England?

The same with Walker

And who turned Shaw into one of the most sought after lb in England whilst at Southampton

The same with Walker

And who turned Shaw into one of the most sought after lb in England whilst at Southampton

Agreed.

Lets not kid ourselves. When United come calling for Rose, he goes. We are a selling club when United, City, Barca, Madrid and probably PSG want our players.

And yes. There were plenty on here two years ago who were not that impressed with either Walker or Rose.

Agreed.

Lets not kid ourselves. When United come calling for Rose, he goes. We are a selling club when United, City, Barca, Madrid and probably PSG want our players.

And yes. There were plenty on here two years ago who were not that impressed with either Walker or Rose.

You think City wanting Walker was the only player we have that one of those clubs would have wanted this summer?

Agreed.

You're right. I hated seeing Modric in that Chelsea shirt or Dier holding the Man Utd scarf aloft after we'd spinelessly acquiesced to their desire for our players.

The same with Walker

I get your point but you can only work with the materials you have and Poch is not a magician who can churn out top class full backs on demand. While Rose and Walker benefited greatly from his coaching the raw materials were there beforehand and there is certainly no guarantee that any another fullback that takes their place will achieve the same standard.

The transfer might happen or more likely it may not, but once we start chipping away at our first 11 it is a slippery slope.

Incidentally I don't think much of Shaw myself, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Poch could improve him. In fact I'm sure he would, but I seriously doubt he could get him performing at the same level Rose currently is from what I have seen of Shaw so far.

Last edited:
Shaw was hyped up like every youngster at Southampton despite actually doing very little

They were great at getting top dollar for very raw players

Right now shaw and £40m for rose would feel like robbery

@JPBB Shaw is a crock and yet people think he could get near to filling Rose shoes.... he has been injured if virtually his whole united career

People think Poch has done wonders with Rose and Walker, but forge that under Poch we have also brought in better players than we had previously who are massively key to ten success such as Toby (best in country in his position) Victor (again best in country) an Kane has played 95% of his time under Poch, plus of course dier and alli.

So actually under Poch half the firs 11 has changed and although he hanscoached some improvement in them it helps that we have significantly better players than when this epkahers started here (Walker and rose I mean)

Agreed.

So at what point do we draw the line with the gradual dismantling of the team which finished 2nd? And after how many departures to others realise that we have no ambition and ask to leave themselves? Will selling Rose to Man U mean that Dier then asks to leave? What about Eriksen, Dele, Toby and Kane? No player of that calibre wants to scraper for a top 4 finish - they want to win things. Once it becomes apparent that that isn't what our priority then the floodgates open

So at what point do we draw the line with the gradual dismantling of the team which finished 2nd? And after how many departures to others realise that we have no ambition and ask to leave themselves? Will selling Rose to Man U mean that Dier then asks to leave? What about Eriksen, Dele, Toby and Kane? No player of that calibre wants to scraper for a top 4 finish - they want to win things. Once it becomes apparent that that isn't what our priority then the floodgates open

Well I wasn't listening to the Sun guy who lead with this last night and frankly they saw it as Conte just highlighting he needs more players

Darren Lewis was on after and he is clued up on us more than most bad he was adamant that rose will not be sold and we will not sell anyone we don't want too

He big topic was Countinho and for us was wages

Back