• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

If we want to compete with the big boys we need to pay like the big boys. New stadium will take time to pay off but no point playing in a lovely stadium and watching average football if we sell our best player.

Walker and Rose are under contracts, lets make it clear that they will not be sold to any rival in the Premier League.

Davies and Trippier will never get close to the level Walker and Rose are at now.

That would be a monumental downgrade over anything but a few games injury cover.
You know GB, if there's one thing I have learned since Poch's arrival it is to think twice before jumping to conclusions and writing players off before they have had a decent chance to prove themselves.

Clearly both Trippier and Davies are currently inferior to Walker and Rose overall but both of those players have had the chance to grow into their present stature over a number of years.

Trippier has already shown us how brilliant he can be going forward, so if you have not noticed that then I question your judgment, but for sure I'd agree he still has some way to go to get up to the level of Walker in defence.

As for Davies I feel there is still a lot more to come, especially going forward. I'd agree he is still some way behind Rose in both attack and defence but he has already shown considerable improvement since getting the chance of a long run in Rose's absence, and strangely enough our defensive record over that time our record in both attack has not suffered in the least.

Hopefully both Walker and Rose will still be here come September 1st but should either or both not make it I am going to keep an open mind and place my trust in Poch 100%.

What i love about this debate is that for me its clear the system enhances players ability if they work hard.

Average players have some how become amazing and internationals.

No fudging way did any of us predict that rose and walker were going to be this awesome. Both players pre-poch looked like they would be good club players and not players linked to the biggest clubs.

I think pochs system is boss and players need to recognise this.

What i love about this debate is that for me its clear the system enhances players ability if they work hard.

No fudging way did any of us predict that rose and walker were going to be this awesome. Both players pre-poch looked like they would be good club players and not players linked to the biggest clubs.

Agree totally with what you say.

I have complete faith that defensively we will always be fine under Poch no matter who the personnel are

Agreed.

Poch has a system and puts players in who fit that system That is a sustainable model with longevity. When you start operating the other way around - amending the system to shoe horn players in, or start building a team around a player - that's when you're vulnerable and it crumbles.

I'd rather not lose either of our fullbacks, but if they go I trust Poch to be clear on exactly who he needs to replace them.

Davies and Trippier will never get close to the level Walker and Rose are at now.

That would be a monumental downgrade over anything but a few games injury cover.

A 'downgrade' which was at least semi responsible for our league season. Where we really missed them both was in the CL.
Trust the manager. If they are here in August it is for a reason.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Very true. The manager has always run a true meritocracy.

You know GB, if there's one thing I have learned since Poch's arrival it is to think twice before jumping to conclusions and writing players off before they have had a decent chance to prove themselves.

Clearly both Trippier and Davies are currently inferior to Walker and Rose overall but both of those players have had the chance to grow into their present stature over a number of years.

Trippier has already shown us how brilliant he can be going forward, so if you have not noticed that then I question your judgment, but for sure I'd agree he still has some way to go to get up to the level of Walker in defence.

As for Davies I feel there is still a lot more to come, especially going forward. I'd agree he is still some way behind Rose in both attack and defence but he has already shown considerable improvement since getting the chance of a long run in Rose's absence, and strangely enough our defensive record over that time our record in both attack has not suffered in the least.

Hopefully both Walker and Rose will still be here come September 1st but should either or both not make it I am going to keep an open mind and place my trust in Poch 100%.

Technically Davies is excellent already, but his problem is a lack of power and athleticism, something that cannot be trained. He just doesn't match up in terms of speed with the likes of Rose and Walker. Trippier more so.

A 'downgrade' which was at least semi responsible for our league season. Where we really missed them both was in the CL.
Trust the manager. If they are here in August it is for a reason.

Trips has the same assist record as Walker - I actually think he's a better defender as well.

Walkers pace gets him out of a lot of trouble -

Rose nearly always sprints forwards, always looking to attack, trained as a winger.

Davies nearly always lays it backwards and stays deep. Our left sided attacking is cut in half or worse when Davies plays; Rose is THAT good

Thing I have noticed about Davies is he hardly ever puts the ball in first time, he did it against united and we scored from it.

It's frustrating to watch us pass it back and lose the crossing chance when we have 3/4 players in the box

Thing I have noticed about Davies is he hardly ever puts the ball in first time, he did it against united and we scored from it.

It's frustrating to watch us pass it back and lose the crossing chance when we have 3/4 players in the box

Hopefully Poch can train him to deliver the ball earlier at times. As you say, he did it in one of the final games of the season so perhaps the process is underway.

Trips has the same assist record as Walker - I actually think he's a better defender as well.

Walkers pace gets him out of a lot of trouble -

Walker is a top defender and is still under rated by so many

He has been a core player in the best defence in the land for 2 seasons and his pace is a multi faceted tool.

no one in the league crosses as well as Trippier which is why we signed him IMO. He has been vastly under rated by will be getting that recognition with an international cap

Rose has full ability to become next Marcelo under Poch. Moreover, he was not far away from it before his injury.
With all respect to Davies and his progress this season, he's more limited player both defensively and offensively.

Trippier though will never have the pace and physical abilities that Walker has, but can easily become a better, Alves-type defender. His crossing, passing and pitch vision are very respectable already.

Rose has full ability to become next Marcelo under Poch. Moreover, he was not far away from it before his injury.
With all respect to Davies and his progress this season, he's more limited player both defensively and offensively.

Trippier though will never have the pace and physical abilities that Walker has, but can easily become a better, Alves-type defender. His crossing, passing and pitch vision are very respectable already.

Walker is a speed machine, he gets himself back to defend/clear-up when others others would flounder.
Trippier is the more productive footballer IMHO

Has anyone considered that the reason we might be looking to bring in another left back is because Davies is the one that wants to leave, you know it being a WC year and all

Rose & Walker are superior players, I think where you are going is what this board struggles with.

- because Walker is a better player does not equal Trippier being brick (same with Rose/Davies)

Either they stay, or they go, Poch/Levy have earned enough trust that if it happens, it was because the players forced it, we will monetize as best as we can and Poch will find an on-field answer.

Rose & Walker are superior players, I think where you are going is what this board struggles with.

- because Walker is a better player does not equal Trippier being brick (same with Rose/Davies)

Either they stay, or they go, Poch/Levy have earned enough trust that if it happens, it was because the players forced it, we will monetize as best as we can and Poch will find an on-field answer.

Quite so.
If Davies and Trippier were bad then I doubt we'd have gone on such a monster run of winning games while maintaining such a strong defensive record last season with those two players participating in a significant proportion of those games. Opposition managers would have targetted them if they really were a source of weakness. They aren't weak, just different and Poch seems to know how to adapt the team to use their differences.
I saw today that in the history of Spurs, we've never conceded as few goals at home as we did last season.

Back