• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

I'll ask again. Which players who changed clubs this summer should we have signed?

oZ_uBX.gif

How many really bad business decisions has Levy made during his time at the club? I'm prepared to trust him on this one based on his track record.

Stratford - not only the cost of the futile attempt - but the cost of the delay. Remember the stadium was supposed to cost £400m , it is now £850m and rising.
Levy is not some self-made business guru , he is only in the position as Chairman because of who he is related to . Yes he has had some success at wheeling and dealing with players, but he has also made some booboos with players.

Stratford - not only the cost of the futile attempt - but the cost of the delay. Remember the stadium was supposed to cost £400m , it is now £850m and rising.
Levy is not some self-made business guru , he is only in the position as Chairman because of who he is related to . Yes he has had some success at wheeling and dealing with players, but he has also made some booboos with players.

Related too???
Care to elaborate?

I don't think that I have ever claimed that Levy is some self-made business guru. That's a bit of a straw man.

Stratford? Firstly, we were asked to bid for it and submitted the only viable plan for the site. I am pleased that we didn't get it, because I would've hated seeing us move outside of the area but that is a different argument.

How viable were the current plans before we got full support from Harringay Council, GLA, mayor, TFL and government? Would we have got that support without first going for Stratford?

How much has it actually cost us? Where does the £400m figure come from and you are suggesting that the current build costs are spiralling, I'd be interested in a source for that. How should we factor in naming rights? The value has increased since we were interested in Stratford, we need to allow for that. Having a multi-purpose venue which will get exposure in the States will increase this value, can we offset this again your NFL white elephant claim?

I'll ask again. Which players who changed clubs this summer should we have signed?

Possibly Balde - but I am not a scout and have not spent the time viewing all on offer. I would have attempted to sign Draxler and possibly bought Barkley . Mane last year instead of Sissoko .

As I understand it Mane and Barkley have both been Poch' s first choice, both have been realistic targets. It is not about one window . Because I appreciate it is not easy. If we were keeping our powder dry to sign a special player, Fair enough. But that does not happen. We hijack a deal on the last day for a player we were not that interested in.

I want us to sign the managers choice - not Levy's last minute drama

Possibly Balde - but I am not a scout and have not spent the time viewing all on offer. I would have attempted to sign Draxler and possibly bought Barkley . Mane last year instead of Sissoko .

As I understand it Mane and Barkley have both been Poch' s first choice, both have been realistic targets. It is not about one window . Because I appreciate it is not easy. If we were keeping our powder dry to sign a special player, Fair enough. But that does not happen. We hijack a deal on the last day for a player we were not that interested in.

I want us to sign the managers choice - not Levy's last minute drama

So of the players that you mention, only one changed clubs this summer and so, know could have been signed. Who would Balde have replaced in the squad?

So of the players that you mention, only one changed clubs this summer and so, know could have been signed. Who would Balde have replaced in the squad?

Preferably Sissoko

. Do you think we have been short of the bench? Or have we had plenty of good attacking options ?

Preferably Sissoko

. Do you think we have been short of the bench? Or have we had plenty of good attacking options ?

So a squad player. We're talking marginals really.

I think that we've really missed Lamela. He's a fighter and has something a little different to our other attacking players.

I think that a bench with Llorente, Son, Lamela, Janssen and GKN/Edwards has plenty of options and is up there with our immediate rivals.

I don't think that I have ever claimed that Levy is some self-made business guru. That's a bit of a straw man.

Stratford? Firstly, we were asked to bid for it and submitted the only viable plan for the site. I am pleased that we didn't get it, because I would've hated seeing us move outside of the area but that is a different argument.

How viable were the current plans before we got full support from Harringay Council, GLA, mayor, TFL and government? Would we have got that support without first going for Stratford?

How much has it actually cost us? Where does the £400m figure come from and you are suggesting that the current build costs are spiralling, I'd be interested in a source for that. How should we factor in naming rights? The value has increased since we were interested in Stratford, we need to allow for that. Having a multi-purpose venue which will get exposure in the States will increase this value, can we offset this again your NFL white elephant claim?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...adium-as-Harry-Redknapp-praised-Football.html

There are lots of articles out there quoting the £400m figure - that was the quoted price for years . I do not know the full facts , but it is not impossible to think that part of the 5 year delay was caused by Levy haggling and prevaricating . During the delay I heard things like that . Not for a moment saying I am ITK on the subject. The undisputed truth is : the costs have spiraled .

So a squad player. We're talking marginals really.

I think that we've really missed Lamela. He's a fighter and has something a little different to our other attacking players.

I think that a bench with Llorente, Son, Lamela, Janssen and GKN/Edwards has plenty of options and is up there with our immediate rivals.

I half agree - but Lamela is injured and GKN and Edwards do not seem to be in Poch's plans. And yes it is all margins in someways but they add up and have done over the years, And perhaps that is why you end up with only one LC in 17 of them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...adium-as-Harry-Redknapp-praised-Football.html

There are lots of articles out there quoting the £400m figure - that was the quoted price for years . I do not know the full facts , but it is not impossible to think that part of the 5 year delay was caused by Levy haggling and prevaricating . During the delay I heard things like that . Not for a moment saying I am ITK on the subject. The undisputed truth is : the costs have spiraled .

You actually know nothing, and make yourself look very foolish by posting your half baked claims and theories on here.

You do know WHY there were so many delays, right? You do know WHY the whole Stratford thing happened, right? Look, I am not an acolyte but your persistent trolling of both the man and this forum is forcing me to act like one simply in reaction!

I half agree - but Lamela is injured and GKN and Edwards do not seem to be in Poch's plans. And yes it is all margins in someways but they add up and have done over the years, And perhaps that is why you end up with only one LC in 17 of them.

The problem with your approach is that you are only counting the negatives and ignore what an excellent team we have built and how hard it is to do, what we have done, when there are oil billionaires competing to buy the league.

If you think that Balde is the difference between where we are now and a trophy, then fair enough but I'd have to disagree.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that Poch doesn't rate Edwards from. You know that he was injured for the second half of last season.

The problem with your approach is that you are only counting the negatives and ignore what an excellent team we have built and how hard it is to do, what we have done, when there are oil billionaires competing to buy the league.

If you think that Balde is the difference between where we are now and a trophy, then fair enough but I'd have to disagree.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that Poch doesn't rate Edwards from. You know that he was injured for the second half of last season.

I am not ignoring the positives, I just don't want all the good work to be wasted. As I said before I find things particularly frustrating because we are close.

I said Edwards does not appear to be inPoch's plans because even when he has been fit - Poch has not picked him

I am not ignoring the positives, I just don't want all the good work to be wasted. As I said before I find things particularly frustrating because we are close.

I said Edwards does not appear to be inPoch's plans because even when he has been fit - Poch has not picked him

Edwards was picked against Gillingham in the league cup last season. Sadly he got injured shortly after that and wasn't available for the rest of the season. He didn't go on the pre-season tour because he hadn't signed a new contract and had only just come back from the the U19 Euros. I'd challenge you to find any comments from Poch that are anything but positive about Edwards.

You are ignoring the positives. You are ignoring that the approach to transfers that you are so critical of, is the approach that has built the best side in the country. You are ignoring that the club is backing Poch, he has far greater control over transfers than any other recent manager and have paid big money for players that he identified this summer.

Last edited:
Back