• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

time will tell.

Of course. Your point about not knowing if we have strengthened yet must also apply to all other signings at all other clubs equally though. All signings are a gamble. What we have done is sell a play that the manager no longer wanted and brining in players that he did, several of whom have said that they spoke to Poch and he convinced them to join.

A few people have been kind to you and not just ignored you as a troll/WUM (your posts can quite easily be interpreted that way), so I will give you a real response.

You are either ignoring out of ignorance or by purpose a large amount of the details re the stadium
- Our initial plans (which were for WHL, Strafford was 2nd option) had very little support from local council or London, none from transport authorities (were numerous ridiculous requests for Spurs to pay for multi million pound road/underground upgrades)
- The properties that required court orders (archway ring a bell?) for us to gain access to the additional land area to build the stadium on literally dragged on for years (even after Stratford decision was made)
- Strafford was a plan B and leverage to gain support for new WHL, and it worked. Why was it looked at? for that exact reason as well as it's simply due diligence from a business perspective (Levy would have been negligent if he didn't), additional;y while unpopular with a segment of our fans, no one in the club or you can dismiss an idea because "fans" (a non quantified statement) didn't like it
- Part of the cost changes were due to scope of project changing (NFL, multi-purpose facility and Levy pushing to make the stadium not only one of the best in world, but future proofed as well), and yes Brexit and time delays also add to cost.
- Chelsea has effectively unlimited budget, yet they have evaluated multiple sites, are taking many years and will actually spend more time in the build stage than Spurs

I wrote a post a while back on Levy and the trajectory of this club, I'm not going to go back in detail, but basically the last 36+ years at this club can be looked at like this

- Pre PL, pre Sugar decade where the club regularly got top 4, challenged for trophies (and won) them, was financially competitive
= Sugar decade where our results fell off a cliff (no top 4), financial troubles, and a catastrophic failure to take advantage of the PL & CL money era. This led to the creation of the Sky 4 and the massive gap between those clubs and all others.
- Levy era where it has taken us 12+ years to recover to levels similar to our re PL status (and exceed in terms of consistency), doing that while competing against financial doping of clubs, massive fiscal disadvantage as hangover of Sugar decade) and consistently improving club facilities, on pitch performances and club profile.

A few people have mentioned it, these are billion dollar decisions that very rarely are made as cavalierly as people claim/want/think and details matter, even a "couple extra million to get a deal done early"

When Levy took over, we were behind (or at best on equal footing) with clubs like Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Everton, Aston Villa, West Ham and leagues behind Liverpool & the Scum, we hadn't been to Europe in decades, in the next two months we will play in the CL against the biggest club in the world and 90K fans will be there to sing ... and people want to bitch still ...

Excellant post and spot on, i am afraid though that the Delightful rita will ignore the points you made because it does not fit her/his agenda to wind up folks.

we cannot say that yet. Sanchez, Aurier and Foyth are unproven in the PL. Aurier comes with an interesting past, Sanchez is only 21 and has shown his worth for the biggest club in the Dutch league for only 1 season. Foyth has little first team experience.

You are right, all transfers are a risk and there is no guarantee that they will be good ones. However i do not think there will be many ( if any) fans who do not see that the three players mentioned are ALL talented and have ability.

You are right, all transfers are a risk and there is no guarantee that they will be good ones. However i do not think there will be many ( if any) fans who do not see that the three players mentioned are ALL talented and have ability.

Aurier yes, Sanchez very possible, Foyth no-one can really know because he has played so little

Aurier yes, Sanchez very possible, Foyth no-one can really know because he has played so little

But seeing as our manager used to play in the same position i would suggest he has seen enough to think the guy will make it, as i say ALL transfers are a risk.

We beat Barca to Sanchez's signature and PSG to Foyth's. We are certainly competing with the right clubs for players.

we did beat Real Madrid to the signing of Paulinho so its not always a good thing;)

but yeah its good we are competing with these clubs

I've missed this. Which professionals have questioned it?

https://thespursreport.wordpress.co...omy-of-a-gamble-new-stadium-deep-dive-part-2/

It's funny Levy gets praised for being ultra prudent [ nice way of putting it ] with the team. But takes a massive gamble with millions of pounds on non football and not a dingdongy bird.

No doubt some way will say it's a shrewd investment [ without any real knowledge ] . Really ? How long will it take to even get our money back? Possibly years before it would even remotely benefits the team.

Interestingly outline planning was given in 2010. How much have all the delays cost in increased costs and lost revenue?

Before anyone starts - the stadium seems looks it is going to be absolutely fantastic and I give Levy credit for that.

https://thespursreport.wordpress.co...omy-of-a-gamble-new-stadium-deep-dive-part-2/

It's funny Levy gets praised for being ultra prudent [ nice way of putting it ] with the team. But takes a massive gamble with millions of pounds on non football and not a dingdongy bird.

No doubt some way will say it's a shrewd investment [ without any real knowledge ] . Really ? How long will it take to even get our money back? Possibly years before it would even remotely benefits the team.

Interestingly outline planning was given in 2010. How much have all the delays cost in increased costs and lost revenue?

Before anyone starts - the stadium seems looks it is going to be absolutely fantastic and I give Levy credit for that.

Thanks.

I think that you are over stating it saying that it is a massive gamble.

The club must've carried out their own feasibility studies before deciding to do this and it is almost certainly true that they have kept as much of their future business plans as secret as possible.

I do not believe that this is something that we are just taking a punt on and there must be clear benefits to justify the extra expense and risk to completing the build on time.

Thanks.

I think that you are over stating it saying that it is a massive gamble.

The club must've carried out their own feasibility studies before deciding to do this and it is almost certainly true that they have kept as much of their future business plans as secret as possible.

I do not believe that this is something that we are just taking a punt on and there must be clear benefits to justify the extra expense and risk to completing the build on time.

Well unless I am missing something. There are so far only two NFL games a year guaranteed . A normal crude business rule of thumb is about 10% at best nett profits. That would mean an extra £1bn in increased turnover . Two games a year is not going to bring that.

I hope you are right and there is something very significant in the pipeline. I just can't see how we will get the money back anytime soon . Watch this space I suppose.

You are missing something, as usual. You are either stupid or being deliberately negative to stir up some bad feeling, and I don't think you are stupid.

Well unless I am missing something. There are so far only two NFL games a year guaranteed . A normal crude business rule of thumb is about 10% at best nett profits. That would mean an extra £1bn in increased turnover . Two games a year is not going to bring that.

I hope you are right and there is something very significant in the pipeline. I just can't see how we will get the money back anytime soon . Watch this space I suppose.
A future NFL franchise perhaps, based on the new WHL, which could bring in millions to the club, just from leasing the facility alone.

The NFL isn't going to settle for part-time play in London for long. They will want to move into other European markets, especially Germany where the World League proved there is a market for the game and a way to begin gaining a European foothold to base an entire division out of.

Spurs new ground will host a NFL franchise full time in the near future. All the NFL wants to see for now is a proper shakedown of MegaLane's stadium operations with the part-time schedule of games. Once that is sorted, the league will set up a proper franchise full time in London.

A bespoke stadium solution in London is what MegaLane offers to allow both sports to be showcased to maximum effect. Daniel Levy's business acumen is clearly something the NFL deeply respects. They don't allow the league image to be casually used or bandied about for fun by business interests. Just being allowed to attach the NFL logo and name to stadium communications endeavours and renderings is the strongest endorsement of what's planned in Tottenham. If the NFL wasn't behind this all the way, the renderings would have a generic aspect to them.

The NFL also carefully controls what information is allowed to be passed on by its owners. When influential owners like Jerry Jones of Dallas, the late Art Rooney of Pittsburgh or the Mara's of the New York Giants are making statements saying the league is moving to London full time, you may be certain that the league wanted that message to be delivered. There have been other strong messages delivered by journalists working for - or former employees of - the NFL Network TV and website operations.

As for the logistics of flying teams from North America, that has all been worked through for many years and the league has been in constant contact with its clubs seeking feedback on how to best implement travel arrangements. A few years back, San Francisco played a road game - and won - in Nashville on a Sunday afternoon. They then immediately flew by charter jet to London to get quickly acclimatized to the time difference. They played the following Sunday at Wembley. They won again and flew straight back to San Fran via charter and were scheduled to have a bye week in order to recover from the travel. That experience basically confirmed to the NFL that any or all of its franchises could make away games in London work.

There's no gamble with the stadium. It's going to be a huge success.

The NFL isn't going to settle for part-time play in London for long. They will want to move into other European markets, especially Germany where the World League proved there is a market for the game and a way to begin gaining a European foothold to base an entire division out of.

Spurs new ground will host a NFL franchise full time in the near future. All the NFL wants to see for now is a proper shakedown of MegaLane's stadium operations with the part-time schedule of games. Once that is sorted, the league will set up a proper franchise full time in London.

A bespoke stadium solution in London is what MegaLane offers to allow both sports to be showcased to maximum effect. Daniel Levy's business acumen is clearly something the NFL deeply respects. They don't allow the league image to be casually used or bandied about for fun by business interests. Just being allowed to attach the NFL logo and name to stadium communications endeavours and renderings is the strongest endorsement of what's planned in Tottenham. If the NFL wasn't behind this all the way, the renderings would have a generic aspect to them.

The NFL also carefully controls what information is allowed to be passed on by its owners. When influential owners like Jerry Jones of Dallas, the late Art Rooney of Pittsburgh or the Mara's of the New York Giants are making statements saying the league is moving to London full time, you may be certain that the league wanted that message to be delivered. There have been other strong messages delivered by journalists working for - or former employees of - the NFL Network TV and website operations.

As for the logistics of flying teams from North America, that has all been worked through for many years and the league has been in constant contact with its clubs seeking feedback on how to best implement travel arrangements. A few years back, San Francisco played a road game - and won - in Nashville on a Sunday afternoon. They then immediately flew by charter jet to London to get quickly acclimatized to the time difference. They played the following Sunday at Wembley. They won again and flew straight back to San Fran via charter and were scheduled to have a bye week in order to recover from the travel. That experience basically confirmed to the NFL that any or all of its franchises could make away games in London work.

There's no gamble with the stadium. It's going to be a huge success.

Great post. There will of course be additional revenue from concerts, boxing etc. Levy has played a blinder with the NFL thing, even including NFL standard dressing rooms in the build. Genius.

Great post. There will of course be additional revenue from concerts, boxing etc. Levy has played a blinder with the NFL thing, even including NFL standard dressing rooms in the build. Genius.

As I said earlier, the medical facilities to support this are also considerable and not something that most British stadiums would have as standard.

Unless you have read our business plan, you almost certainly are.

You say genius without doing any of the sums.
People might have said the same thing about Scholar ( far more successful on the pitch) when he went into the clothing business. We did not get into financial trouble then because of transfer business , it was the extra curricular activities.

Getting an NFL franchise is a long shot. A few NFL matches or concerts is not going to pay for the cost of the pitch . It would be nice if the club told us how much the pitch cost - and it's not just the raw cost of the build either.

It shows that they are prepared to loosen the purse strings when it is not for the team.

Even if we take a wild leap and add everything that could possibly go well
It will still take years for any profit to filter through and even then would it be spent on the team?

Imo - concerned with the well being of the club/team it looks like an unnecessary gamble that has added debt.

You say genius without doing any of the sums.
People might have said the same thing about Scholar ( far more successful on the pitch) when he went into the clothing business. We did not get into financial trouble then because of transfer business , it was the extra curricular activities.

Getting an NFL franchise is a long shot. A few NFL matches or concerts is not going to pay for the cost of the pitch . It would be nice if the club told us how much the pitch cost - and it's not just the raw cost of the build either.

It shows that they are prepared to loosen the purse strings when it is not for the team.

Even if we take a wild leap and add everything that could possibly go well
It will still take years for any profit to filter through and even then would it be spent on the team?

Imo - concerned with the well being of the club/team it looks like an unnecessary gamble that has added debt.
I see a flaw in your argument.

Back