• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Indonesia and DRC have halted too, while the EMA (the EU’s MHRA ) say it’s fine. It’s not a political or national thing. Can you imagine the uproar it will cause to halt national vaccine programmes so they must have concerns? It’s a new vaccine whose initial trials were not as detailed as they would have been if it wasnt needed so quickly. I personally would like more information about the mechanisms that could be causing blood clots rather than just stats, after all it’s being given to my loved ones.

Europe are currently in talk with Russia for the jabs they produced.

I don’t see them being concerned with that one, which from reports is an oxford copy ?

I don’t see them being concerned with that one, which from reports is an oxford copy ?
Some EU countries are already using it notably Hungary. The EMA have said to continue using it as the risk is small. This decision is being taken by countries through their own national regulatory bodies not the EU. I think we should be careful to assign caution just to nationalism and spite. There is far more to lose through that.

From BBC:

About 17 million people in the EU and the UK have received a dose of the vaccine, with fewer than 40 cases of blood clots reported as of last week, AstraZeneca said.

So, 0.00024%?

Wait til some folk find out how effective condoms are...

I don’t think those stats are entirely reflective of the situation, given that I imagine, very few of the 17 million are being followed up. If blood clots are showing up in a number of cases it is important to investigate the reasons why. If nothing else to tweak the vaccine if possible.

I don’t think those stats are entirely reflective of the situation, given that I imagine, very few of the 17 million are being followed up. If blood clots are showing up in a number of cases it is important to investigate the reasons why. If nothing else to tweak the vaccine if possible.
But there will be a higher correlation of people getting blood clots who ate a digestive biscuit that same day. Causation v correlation.

But there will be a higher correlation of people getting blood clots who ate a digestive biscuit that same day. Causation v correlation.
Yep blood clots get caused by a lot of medical conditions (including covid btw). So finding them at this point doesn’t prove vaccine causation. But equally because it is a symptom of other conditions, links to the vaccine could be missed. I have not seen any data so cannot really comment. It will probably be fine, but a growing body of scientists far more qualified than me are urging caution and people are getting all native about it. My dad has received the AZ first dose. I am keen to know if there are any safety concerns. It would be the same for any of the vaccines.

Last edited:

Not even been fully tested in a trial yet has it - didn't they authorise it before the trial was complete? Even their own citizens don't trust/want it looking at their numbers.

The AZ US trial results should be out soon so we'll get even more data.

Not even been fully tested in a trial yet has it - didn't they authorise it before the trial was complete? Even their own citizens don't trust/want it looking at their numbers.

The AZ US trial results should be out soon so we'll get even more data.

It’s been submitted for authorisation in US now, results due by start of April

Some EU countries are already using it notably Hungary. The EMA have said to continue using it as the risk is small. This decision is being taken by countries through their own national regulatory bodies not the EU. I think we should be careful to assign caution just to nationalism and spite. There is far more to lose through that.

Yet if you had read the Sun you'd get a clear EU vs UK narrative from all this. Why? Because its more interesting to read, and the owner of the paper has always disliked the EU who do not kowtow to him as UK political party leaders do. Long story short, that is why we have Brexit.

From all accounts the Russian vaccine is very very good. Not surprising, Russia has a strong science foothold, look at their efforts in space for example. We're predisposed to not liking them (and they don't help themselves) but a lot of that stems from western views of the UK and US on Russia being "an enemy"

From all accounts the Russian vaccine is very very good. Not surprising, Russia has a strong science foothold, look at their efforts in space for example. We're predisposed to not liking them (and they don't help themselves) but a lot of that stems from western views of the UK and US on Russia being "an enemy"
Well they did try and hack into the vaccine research, maybe successfully for all we know, so there is that. As for being predisposed to not liking them, that may be true, but for me personally it is by their current actions that I judge them now.

Edit: I might add hacking into big pharma to rob vaccine research is not something that overly upsets me. If more people get the vaccine quicker as a result, well then I honestly don't care that much how they got it.

Last edited:

I don’t see them as that friendly. It was thoughtful of them not to deploy nuclear weapons against us in the Cold War. But growing up with that imminent through most of my youth does tar my view of them somewhat.

I don’t see them as that friendly. It was thoughtful of them not to deploy nuclear weapons against us in the Cold War. But growing up with that imminent through most of my youth does tar my view of them somewhat.

Is that any different to how many countries view the US though? Don't want to go off topic here as there's a Russia thread! And don't think they're wonderful government and stuff, but think we're predisposed to being more cautious with a Russian vaccine. If it was developed in Australia no one would have minded.

Anyway, back to Coronavirus, seems EMA meeting today but wont publish thoughts til Thursday. Really do wonder where this will land. Surely some chance of embarrassing many European nations if proved safe? Will they do that?

I’m a bit distrustful of them, but that’s more to do with the governments doping regime and poisoning campaigns, rather than “the man” telling me they are the enemy.

Yep blood clots get caused by a lot of medical conditions (including covid btw). So finding them at this point doesn’t prove vaccine causation. But equally because it is a symptom of other conditions, links to the vaccine could be missed. I have not seen any data so cannot really comment. It will probably be fine, but a growing body of scientists far more qualified than me are urging caution and people are getting all native about it. My dad has received the AZ first dose. I am keen to know if there are any safety concerns. It would be the same for any of the vaccines.

Pfizer have reported 25 cases of bloodclotting in ~11 million vaccinations while Astrazeneca have reported 28 cases in ~10 million.

DOesn't seem much case for treating one different to the other from those bald figures

It's a bit more than western views - they openly poison and kill dissenters, pass off their huge natural resource wealth to their buddies (Cronyism on steroids) and imprison opposition politicians.

Back