• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

really feel the EU are creating a rod for their own back with their pauses on AZ.

As i highlighted before, the numbers of blood clot related deaths pails in signifcance to the number of covid deaths by several factors (0.001% for clots vs around 3% for COVID).

additional analysis needs to take place but by far, you should not stop vaccinating as you will simply end up with more death. Furthermore, the EMA has already confirmed it should be continued to be used. Really are messing themselves up over this.

When asked about reports of possible side effects, Johnson said the vaccine was safe to use.

"In the MHRA [the UK’s medicines regulator], we have one of the toughest and most experienced regulators in the world. They see no reason at all to discontinue the vaccination programme," he told reporters on Monday afternoon.

"So we continue to be very confident about the programme and it's great to see it being rolled out at such speed across the UK."

Germany and France suspend it now

Coming from a remainer, they really are looking quite bitter about this.

Does this have anything to do with the EU? France and Germany are sovereign nations free to make their own decisions. Didn't Switzerland's (non-EU) regulator reject the AZ vaccine over a month ago + other nations too? Love how this EU story gives people joy tho.

Does this have anything to do with the EU? France and Germany are sovereign nations free to make their own decisions. Didn't Switzerland's (non-EU) regulator reject the AZ vaccine over a month ago + other nations too? Love how this EU story gives people joy tho.

Is it just a coincidence they talked it down and blocked it after they hadn’t ordered enough?

Is it just a coincidence they talked it down and blocked it after they hadn’t ordered enough?

Half the nations in Europe have not taken any action and still accept the vaccine, seems like people confuse Europe with the EU. Moreover, nations outside the EU were first to raise issues. The Swiss regulator in early Feb, didn't Australia too?

but those initial complaints were that it didn't work well in the elderly?

Then Scotland and UK produced results that literally smashed that thought process no?

Now it's causing blood clots, perhaps it is, but again based on the KNOWN cases vs KNOWN vaccinations, you're looking at around 0.01% of those cases happening and no idea on the patient info (age, obesity, diabetes, liver etc).

Taking paracetemol has risks, but ultimately the risk of catching covid and getting ill or seriously ill is far more likely than developing a blood clot.

Worst comes to worst, can't they simply vaccinate and give aspirin which is a blood thinner as i recall?

When asked about reports of possible side effects, Johnson said the vaccine was safe to use.

"In the MHRA [the UK’s medicines regulator], we have one of the toughest and most experienced regulators in the world. They see no reason at all to discontinue the vaccination programme," he told reporters on Monday afternoon.

"So we continue to be very confident about the programme and it's great to see it being rolled out at such speed across the UK."
If Johnson says it’s safe then I tend to believe the exact opposite.

Germany and France suspend it now

Coming from a remainer, they really are looking quite bitter about this.
but those initial complaints were that it didn't work well in the elderly?

Then Scotland and UK produced results that non-figuratively smashed that thought process no?

Now it's causing blood clots, perhaps it is, but again based on the KNOWN cases vs KNOWN vaccinations, you're looking at around 0.01% of those cases happening and no idea on the patient info (age, obesity, diabetes, liver etc).

Taking paracetemol has risks, but ultimately the risk of catching covid and getting ill or seriously ill is far more likely than developing a blood clot.

Worst comes to worst, can't they simply vaccinate and give aspirin which is a blood thinner as i recall?

Indonesia and DRC have halted too, while the EMA (the EU’s MHRA ) say it’s fine. It’s not a political or national thing. Can you imagine the uproar it will cause to halt national vaccine programmes so they must have concerns? It’s a new vaccine whose initial trials were not as detailed as they would have been if it wasnt needed so quickly. I personally would like more information about the mechanisms that could be causing blood clots rather than just stats, after all it’s being given to my loved ones.

No but I think we can say that some European countries haven't handled this well at all, Macron going on TV calling it "Quasi-effective' in older people isn't really going to help with take up even if you later take back the comments as he's done.

Back