• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I don’t get this whole brouhaha over the EU and vaccines. The EU puts its nations first and tries to help them secure vaccines. If we’d done that or the US it would be appreciated as strong popularist governance.

We clearly got our vaccine roll out right (called it in this thread when others were doubting we’d turn around the poor performance on most other Covid related things). Credit to us. That folks use this in desperation as an endorsement of Brexit just illustrates how little Brexit really delivers. That the UK didn’t need to leave the EU to go it alone on vaccines is also quite funny, when you see people (and the Sun) hanging onto this as some kind of Brexit bonus.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

First cuckoo of spring.

Deaths are really plummeting now, wasn't that long ago there was more than that per day.

It’s just melting away according to my counties dashboard. Three new positive cases a day in my borough and we are mid table.

Two months ago that stat was 40x higher.

And we’ve got what,15 more weeks of restrictions baked in? Effing Nora.

It’s just melting away according to my counties dashboard. Three new positive cases a day in my borough and we are mid table.

Two months ago that stat was 40x higher.

And we’ve got what,15 more weeks of restrictions baked in? Effing Nora.

Yes. If things continue as they are we should, in a month or so’s time, have levels as low as last August.

I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

Yes. If things continue as they are we should, in a month or so’s time, have levels as low as last August.

I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

Opening up travel to other countries and allowing variants to get a foot hold in the country seems madness.

Anyone coming into the country should be forced to isolate for 10 days in a special hotel that they pay for upfront.

The government have been and continues to be so weak on this point.

Opening up travel to other countries and allowing variants to get a foot hold in the country seems madness.

Anyone coming into the country should be forced to isolate for 10 days in a special hotel that they pay for upfront.

The government have been and continues to be so weak on this point.
This entirely. We need to have a strategy that best protects are most useful weapon, the vaccine. Reach our herd immunity threshold through vaccination, then test, trace and isolate and a strong border policy. At least until we have more data as to how long the vaccine immunity lasts. This year is a really an experiment taking place in vivo.

What is good as well is the huge amount of tests being done everyday yet the cases are falling

They’ve gone up over the last couple of days, compared to the same time last week (+662 today compared to last Friday, for example). Not that this might necessarily matter too much; hospitalisations and death rates will be the key things post-vaccine.

Back